Another factoid to keep in mind Jets Fans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
sfir

Another factoid to keep in mind Jets Fans

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:02 pm

"The last three quarterbacks to win Super Bowl titles were Trent Dilfer, Tom Brady and Brad Johnson. And chew on this: The NFL's top six rushers and 10 of the top 11 did not even make the playoffs last season." - KFFL.com

They were referring to the Vick situation and how Atlanta fans shouldn't panic, but I think it refers to all the drivel we have heard spouted by Jets fans about Ramsey and Trung. If Ramsey has an average year and Trung has an average year we can still win a SB. If they are above average - and the chances are they can be even if your sour grapes can't handle it - we could do very well.

Look at the WR corp of the last 3 teams. (Golly, another stolen Jets WR the fans probably downplayed on one of them)
Nothing really special. The RBs? Not bad but not stupendous. Mostly, very good defenses and decent offenses. Team play. I think, and it depends on the DL, I admit, but with our LBs and DBs we have the potential with the DL firming up that we could be top 5 or 10 in defense again. With Ramsey, Trung, Morton and the WR corps we have now the offense will NOT be 26th in total yardage this year - they will be much better. But the secret is that thanks to a couple of FA pickups in the OL, the guard situation is no longer as bad as it was and the drafting of Dockery makes the guard situation even better.

Overall - a much better chance of having, say a 10-6 season and getting at least a wild card this year.
Rich in Roanoke

Re: Another factoid to keep in mind Jets Fans

Postby Tennessee_Jet » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:35 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:"The last three quarterbacks to win Super Bowl titles were Trent Dilfer, Tom Brady and Brad Johnson. And chew on this: The NFL's top six rushers and 10 of the top 11 did not even make the playoffs last season." - KFFL.com

They were referring to the Vick situation and how Atlanta fans shouldn't panic, but I think it refers to all the drivel we have heard spouted by Jets fans about Ramsey and Trung. If Ramsey has an average year and Trung has an average year we can still win a SB. If they are above average - and the chances are they can be even if your sour grapes can't handle it - we could do very well.

Look at the WR corp of the last 3 teams. (Golly, another stolen Jets WR the fans probably downplayed on one of them)
Nothing really special. The RBs? Not bad but not stupendous. Mostly, very good defenses and decent offenses. Team play. I think, and it depends on the DL, I admit, but with our LBs and DBs we have the potential with the DL firming up that we could be top 5 or 10 in defense again. With Ramsey, Trung, Morton and the WR corps we have now the offense will NOT be 26th in total yardage this year - they will be much better. But the secret is that thanks to a couple of FA pickups in the OL, the guard situation is no longer as bad as it was and the drafting of Dockery makes the guard situation even better.

Overall - a much better chance of having, say a 10-6 season and getting at least a wild card this year.

Hey, that's great. I hope you had fun diggin' that up. The Jets will still win on Thursday night and you can still have your 10-6 season.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:47 pm

Nah - we'll win, go 10-6 and into the second round of the playoffs. We then get to raid all of the newspapers and sports reporters web sites and articles with hackers basically "spray painting" anti Redskins reporters columns with a giant "you don't know what you are talking about"

See you Friday :)
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Re: Another factoid to keep in mind Jets Fans

Postby SirSmizzy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:11 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:They were referring to the Vick situation and how Atlanta fans shouldn't panic, but I think it refers to all the drivel we have heard spouted by Jets fans about Ramsey and Trung. If Ramsey has an average year and Trung has an average year we can still win a SB. If they are above average - and the chances are they can be even if your sour grapes can't handle it - we could do very well.
From 7-9 to the super bowl...you have 2 Qb's on your roster and Dung as your franchise RB....i think you need to take off you rose colored glasses buddy...So far spurrier's Fun ~n~ gun offense has'nt been a success in the NFL so far.How can you seriously talk superbowl,let alone win the superbowl?Baby step's guys...try the playoff's first
The RBs? Not bad but not stupendous.
:shock: :shock:
Mostly, very good defenses and decent offenses. Team play. I think, and it depends on the DL, I admit, but with our LBs and DBs we have the potential with the DL firming up
by firming up do you mean the last preseason performance?
With Ramsey, Trung, Morton and the WR corps we have now the offense will NOT be 26th in total yardage this year
You base this on what?Trungs career 98 carries?mortons 40-144 career rushing #'s?you have nothing to go on but expectations....and high ones at that.
say's the guy with enormous expectations and an obvious bias for his team,i say you have a better chance of being a .500 team.Its all speculation till thursday
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:13 am

Wow. Pittman had 718 yards with a 3.5 yard avg. last year. Who did the Patsies and Ravens have? Not much.

I also said with the WR corp, Trung and Morton - in other words 8 different people - not just two. I think we will, especially with the speed of the WR be much better than (I made a mistake before) 22nd in net yards offensively. We have Coles, Russell, Johnson who all run 4.3 40 yd dashes or better. We have Jacobs and Gardener who run 4.45 or faster. Trung - 4.25. Morton 4.4. Please. Champ Bailey himself says that the speed is incredible and hard to cover. The guy you all have acknowledged as being one of the best corners in the NFL. I still believe that with the speed and acceleration we have the WRs will be open more and faster than last year and it isn't a stretch to say that. Ramsey's % will improve simply because with more separation and better pocket protection, he has a better chance of completing each pass.

The DL has added two capable, but not superstar DTs. Of course that is what was said about Gardener being added from Miami last year, but I will say that these two will do better than all of the guys we had in training camp before. They did stop the run several times when they were played, which was situationally since they hadn't had more than a few practices. Actually Dalton had only had one or two practices before flying to Jax. When the two predicted starters in the middle get up to speed (and they won't be starters yet, listed as rotational backups to two lighter weight DTs Haley and Holsey in the Jets game - da*mit) they could very well prove to be plugs in the middle. Notice I didn't say monsters or any some such nonsense. Plugs - which is primarily what above average (non superstars) DTs do. The LB corps can take care of the rest. That is what I meant by firming up.

Of course I have high expectations. I won't be horribly hurt if we go 8-8 or 9-7 and show good improvement. I won't be hurt if we don't get into the playoffs. I think we could with some of the personnel coming into the huddle now. I think that if the chips fall right for the Skins we could very well go 10-6. The first chip, the schedule, went against us. The second, and one we don't like to see but it happened and we benefit, is Pennington and Vick going down. While Vinny and Doug Johnson in Atlanta are good back ups, they aren't the same as the originials.

I am biased, just as you all are. You predict what for your Jets? In a division with Miami, Buffalo and New England? I know Buff and NE are much better lately, and Miami still has that defense. You could realistically go 2-4, 1-5, or 0-6 in your division if your offense doesn't click with Vinny or the right side of your Oline leaks like a sieve. You aren't too far from being 7-9 or far worse yourselves, but you talk like you have won the division this year, but you won't and probably, due to Pennington going down and Vinny going 56% instead of 70% like Pennington, won't be in the playoff hunt past week 10.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:57 am

now this is a post i can respect.....Well said.
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:53 am

And for all of you sports fans - in case you missed the news:

The third chip has now been shown and it is against the Skins with standout rookie WR Taylor Jacobs listed as benched for 1-2 weeks with an abdominal injury due to landing on an opposing players foot (turned up - Jacobs landed on it diving for a ball and it is lucky for the other player that he didn't get a high ankle sprain) in the Jacksonville game.

The fourth chip has also been shown and standout center Larry Moore who was a very good center last year is back from a high ankle sprain and practicing to play against the Jets. Lennie Friedman is set to play in his stead if need be and he did a great job in the preseason, but Moore was the signal caller all last year and it is good to have him back.

So we have good and bad, but since we still have Johnson, Russell and McCants waiting in the wings for the slot WR position, I think we came out on the plus side a bit on these two chips. Moore is an anchor where Johnson can play well enough to make up for Jacobs absence. Johnson is actually somewhat faster than Jacobs and has shown that he can catch the ball along with being a speed receiver.
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:07 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:See you Friday :)

You know, you just might. I'll be at the game....will you?
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:45 am

Man, I'd love to be at that game, unfortunately I will have to see the Jets lose while I'm at home...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football