Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'll summarize it.

"We, the media have an issue with this selection. Our issue is based purely off of assumption and conjecture, it is not rooted in any facts. We're purely speculating what we think MIGHT happen and are creating the story that we assume will happen, before it happens. We know that people with below average comprehension skills will fall for the banana in the tail pipe."

:lol: Nice . . . and spot on :lol:

Here's the voice of reason . . .

NFL.com wrote:Criticism of Redskins' Kirk Cousins pick misplaced
By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor

Three days of non-stop draft coverage has caused the football world to collectively lose its mind. That's the only explanation for all the criticism the Redskins have taken for drafting Kirk Cousins with the No. 102 pick of the draft round.

To hear most analysts tell it, fourth-round picks are absolute gold that should never be used on backups. Forget for a moment that the fourth round is intended for backup players and there is no more valuable backup position than quarterback. Forget that most people couldn't name five fourth-round picks and that most of the round's picks won't make a big impact.

How dare the Redskins create a quarterback controversy. Won't this be damaging to Robert Griffin III's ego? How could he handle the added pressure of . . . Kirk Cousins on the roster?

Cousins fell out of the top 100 picks for a reason. He's a backup. The Redskins reportedly had him rated as their third quarterback in the draft, so they took him for value. Maybe they will be able to trade him someday and maybe they won't. But to insinuate Cousins could somehow make Griffin's life more difficult is moronic.

Griffin is the franchise. He will feel pressure from all angles and create a career on his own merits. If Cousins ever challenges him, the Redskins have serious problems. If the media creates a controversy, that's on the media. The Redskins can't make decisions based on silly speculation.

Rex Grossman is in place as Griffin's backup this year, and Cousins can take over the role in 2013. Washington is planning ahead, which is what you hope to do in the fourth round. The team was criticized because they made a "luxury" selection when they had so few picks this year. But any linebacker, cornerback, or offensive linemen taken that late was going to be a reserve. A "luxury."

The Redskins believe Cousins can be a good backup. That's not a luxury in today's NFL; it's a requirement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -misplaced

There's a video embedded in that article you linked. In it, Jason LaCanfora. . . thinks we made the right move taking Cousins! That's it, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Another thing that chaps my "Donkey" are the morons that are supposed to be "experts" or the morons that just like to post drival on this site. Not them in general, but when they make statments like:

"they made a "luxury" selection when they had so few picks this year"

So few picks! REALLY?

I guess having more picks than 21 other teams is really limitting yourself! Only the Brown stains (11), Bungles (10), Indy (10), Yikes (10), Lams (10) and CHawks (10) had more than the Skins NINE picks! Four other teams had nine picks, but the 21 other NFL teams had less.

Next year we have 7, that is until Shanny and Bruce turn those 7 into 9 or 10!

"they gave up the farm fro RG3"

People ack like we gave up 3 or 4 picks each year for the next few years, when in reality we gave up one pick this year (the 2nd - we swapped 1st), one pick in 2013 and one in 2014.

Shanny and BA have drafted 27 players over the past three drafted with SEVEN of those players being OL and three first rounders,

The FOUR drafts prior to those three had 27 players drafted with only TWO OL and two first rounders.

Shanallenhan have drafted seven OL in three drafts... You have to go back ten drafts prior to MS and BA arriving to get to eight OL drafted. In fact it was only five in nine drafts between 2001 through 2009.

Yes, this is a dawn of a new day... and I like it!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Another thing that chaps my "Donkey" are the morons that are supposed to be "experts" or the morons that just like to post drival on this site. Not them in general, but when they make statments like:

So few picks! REALLY?

I guess having more picks than 21 other teams is really limitting yourself! Only the Brown stains (11), Bungles (10), Indy (10), Yikes (10), Lams (10) and CHawks (10) had more than the Skins NINE picks! Four other teams had nine picks, but the 21 other NFL teams had less.

Next year we have 7, that is until Shanny and Bruce turn those 7 into 9 or 10!

"they gave up the farm fro RG3"

People ack like we gave up 3 or 4 picks each year for the next few years, when in reality we gave up one pick this year (the 2nd - we swapped 1st), one pick in 2013 and one in 2014.

Shanny and BA have drafted 27 players over the past three drafted with SEVEN of those players being OL and three first rounders,

The FOUR drafts prior to those three had 27 players drafted with only TWO OL and two first rounders.

Shanallenhan have drafted seven OL in three drafts... You have to go back ten drafts prior to MS and BA arriving to get to eight OL drafted. In fact it was only five in nine drafts between 2001 through 2009.

Yes, this is a dawn of a new day... and I like it!

+!

The roster is maxed out at 90 and at most about 15 players from the pre Allen/Shanahan days remain on the current roster. Some may not make the final cut this season
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:44 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Another thing that chaps my "Donkey" are the morons that are supposed to be "experts" or the morons that just like to post drival on this site. Not them in general, but when they make statments like:

What's really wasting picks is stretching to draft a position of need and cutting them because they suck.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Greg Cosell on Twitter:
My sense is there's a clear hierarchy in WASH. RGIII is unquestioned starter, Cousins is competing to be backup. No controversy whatsoever.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:11 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:All the "this creates qb controversy" blah blah blah negative for rgiii blah blah blah ima moron crap is seriously not thought out at all.
Aside from the very valid and thought out retorts I must add one more reason why this was a fantastic move and a golden pick to HELP rgiii become BETTER.
Before you poop your pants it has nothing to do with competition in camp or anything like that lol simmer down...
Who prefers going to the gym alone? While I know its not unheard of, having a buddy there to spot you and shoot the breeze makes it less "work" and more fun. Also having a buddy to tell you one more give it all you got, aswell as trying to match each others progress, helps you break through to the next level.
Am I solely talking about the gym? Nope. Rex or any other player can do that. BUT what rgiii and his rookie third string have in common that no one else on the team does: they are both learning a new playbook at the qb position. Wow what a crazy notion... Rgiii immediately has a study partner! The "learning curve" just got easier for our Franchise QB.

Great point! +1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:48 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:What's really wasting picks is stretching to draft a position of need and cutting them because they suck.

Well put.

Hog

Postby the poster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 pm

its a failure pick, everyone who doesnt wear white boots and a reskin halter top and skirt knows that.

hell, the player doesn't even want to play there (and yes, that IS what he's saying)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... _blog.html

Meanwhile, the world champs - they draft guys like the WR they STOLE in the 2nd round, he could be a flat out STAR. Who's going to cover him?

The redskins are SO FAR behind in their division they might never catch up to the better run organizations.

we'll see if using 5 draft picks on 2 QBs = catching up. History is NOT on your side. Ive seen Redskin offseasons before. They're all disastrous.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

the pos er wrote:its a good pick. They won't be "competing AGAINST each other" but rather competing WITH each other to help the Skins compete against the east and the rest of their opponents in the NFL.

He says so himself here..

Meanwhile, the world champs - still suck and will be swept by dc again.

The redskins are SO awesome I can't wait to see them destroy the NFC east, clearly they are the superior organization.
Troll

See!! Not only does she find redskins news fast but she can also make contributing posts! Way to go homegirl!
FWIW the link pos er found solidifies my earlier post about them helping each other. Bom roasted! Lmfao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

the poster wrote:its a failure pick, everyone who doesnt wear white boots and a reskin halter top and skirt knows that.

hell, the player doesn't even want to play there (and yes, that IS what he's saying)

Meanwhile, the world champs - they draft guys like the WR they STOLE in the 2nd round, he could be a flat out STAR. Who's going to cover him?

The redskins are SO FAR behind in their division they might never catch up to the better run organizations.

we'll see if using 5 draft picks on 2 QBs = catching up. History is NOT on your side. Ive seen Redskin offseasons before. They're all disastrous.

I hate to break this to you, but as an LSU fan whose watched plenty of his games, Reuben Randle isn't worth the paper his name was printed on that was handed to Roger Godahell. I laughed my behind off when they took him.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:50 pm

funsho2 wrote:And some clown brought up indy colts drafting a QB....they used their last freaking pick to draft a QB not a 4th round pick.....tard!!!

That's because some other tard asked as if it didn't happen. What a waste of time your posts are. Be gone...

chiefhog44 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Did Indy draft another Qb?

ROTFALMAO uh yes they did actually. Is this post not the dumbest thing?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'll summarize it.

"We, the media have an issue with this selection. Our issue is based purely off of assumption and conjecture, it is not rooted in any facts. We're purely speculating what we think MIGHT happen and are creating the story that we assume will happen, before it happens. We know that people with below average comprehension skills will fall for the banana in the tail pipe."

:lol: Nice . . . and spot on :lol:

Here's the voice of reason . . .

NFL.com wrote:Criticism of Redskins' Kirk Cousins pick misplaced
By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor

Three days of non-stop draft coverage has caused the football world to collectively lose its mind. That's the only explanation for all the criticism the Redskins have taken for drafting Kirk Cousins with the No. 102 pick of the draft round.

To hear most analysts tell it, fourth-round picks are absolute gold that should never be used on backups. Forget for a moment that the fourth round is intended for backup players and there is no more valuable backup position than quarterback. Forget that most people couldn't name five fourth-round picks and that most of the round's picks won't make a big impact.

How dare the Redskins create a quarterback controversy. Won't this be damaging to Robert Griffin III's ego? How could he handle the added pressure of . . . Kirk Cousins on the roster?

Cousins fell out of the top 100 picks for a reason. He's a backup. The Redskins reportedly had him rated as their third quarterback in the draft, so they took him for value. Maybe they will be able to trade him someday and maybe they won't. But to insinuate Cousins could somehow make Griffin's life more difficult is moronic.

Griffin is the franchise. He will feel pressure from all angles and create a career on his own merits. If Cousins ever challenges him, the Redskins have serious problems. If the media creates a controversy, that's on the media. The Redskins can't make decisions based on silly speculation.

Rex Grossman is in place as Griffin's backup this year, and Cousins can take over the role in 2013. Washington is planning ahead, which is what you hope to do in the fourth round. The team was criticized because they made a "luxury" selection when they had so few picks this year. But any linebacker, cornerback, or offensive linemen taken that late was going to be a reserve. A "luxury."

The Redskins believe Cousins can be a good backup. That's not a luxury in today's NFL; it's a requirement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -misplaced

+1
Spot on article!!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Greg Cosell on Twitter:
My sense is there's a clear hierarchy in WASH. RGIII is unquestioned starter, Cousins is competing to be backup. No controversy whatsoever.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films, the man who watches more film than anyone, knows what he is talking about.

Hog

Postby the poster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 pm

emoses14 wrote:
I hate to break this to you, but as an LSU fan whose watched plenty of his games, Reuben Randle isn't worth the paper his name was printed on that was handed to Roger Godahell. I laughed my behind off when they took him.

you're not breaking anything to me. I'll put that teams drafting record up against your team any day of the week. we'll see.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Jimmy clausen led carolina to a 2-14 season which enabled them to draft heisman trophy winner cam newton....clausen is not better than grossman....but he was the backup to cam last season....cam newton struggled in the preseason leading terry bradshaw to say all the other rookie QBs were better than cam....

Another clown brought up injury to mobile Qbs ....i guess he is using vick as an example...when vick was in atlanta....vick had only one full season and the his other years were 15 game seasons.

How come nobody is talking about indy colts drafting another qb? or questioning the pick like other major sports website are doing with the skins.....because they dont want to be distracted!!!!

You spend two first round picks and a 2nd round pick on a guy.....but yet draft a qb in the 4th round....not 6th or 7th....the 4th round....if griffin struggle like cam newton in the preseason and cousins have good games....u just opened a can of worms.....since shananan have joined the skins...i don't know of any smart decisions he has made!....this is a guy riding off on john elway's jockstrap.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football