Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 pm

You would think most redskins fans would be happy with a draft in witch they get a QB who looks to be the real deal and 3 OL. Guess there's some people you just can't make happy

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 am

One observation: Shanahan has set things up to NOT get fired. These are his guys, and these guys are running a specific system, which is why the Redskins draft picks were not the "traditional" types that you find the media salivating over. Instead, we go with guys that have proven to play well in the system that the Redskins are running.

Regardless of the record next year, no team would invest 3 years of building a team and trash it the next by hiring all new coaches and coordinators. We are in this thing for the long haul. I believe that the fans are buying in. It will take wins, though, not draft picks, to turn the tide of the media and critics.

Time will tell, but I am liking the direction that this franchise is heading. Common sense, good scouting, and patience will take this team and its fans far for years to come. My biggest worry is Kyle - not liking him as an O-coordinator. More hard-nosed running please and less finesse passing, but I am from the old-school mentality.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 am

the poster wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
I hate to break this to you, but as an LSU fan whose watched plenty of his games, Reuben Randle isn't worth the paper his name was printed on that was handed to Roger Godahell. I laughed my behind off when they took him.

you're not breaking anything to me. I'll put that teams drafting record up against your team any day of the week. we'll see.

Great, so you'll put their drafting of Reuben Randle up against our drafting of whom, RGIII? I mean that would be consistent with your past arguments that we spent our second round pick this year, plus our 1 the next two years to get him. Anything else would make all your blustering logically incoherent. Right?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 01, 2012 6:04 am

Why, emoses14? Why? :thump:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 am

emoses14 wrote:Great, so you'll put their drafting of Reuben Randle up against our drafting of whom, RGIII? I mean that would be consistent with your past arguments that we spent our second round pick this year, plus our 1 the next two years to get him. Anything else would make all your blustering logically incoherent. Right?

And you're expecting receive an impartial and educated reply?

I don't know what's more disappointing at this point, the troll or the people who keep feeding it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 am

Deadskins wrote:Why, emoses14? Why? :thump:

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't know what's more disappointing at this point, the troll or the people who keep feeding it.

:oops: I was just a little ;furious; so I responded. My bad :explode:

Chris Luva Luva wrote:And you're expecting receive an impartial and educated reply?

Nope. I suppose not.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 am

The dumbest thing you'll read all day

1. Do folks think that the problem with drafting Cousins is that he is more NFL ready than Griffin? Really? I thought the "competition is bad" argument was the worst I'd hear, but leave it to Skip Bayless to manufacture a new level of stupidity.
2. This might be the worst application of race to a QB "controversy" I've ever read. Quite frankly ( :wink: ), race has nothing to do with either picking Cousins or whether this would be an issue in another city. Skip Bayless is literally paid very good money to say the most asanine bunk on television. Steven A gets paid very good money to say the 2nd or 3rd most asanine bunk on television.
3. I feel very sorry for Eric Mangini.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

Can I just add my voice to beg people to PLEASE stop responding to the idiot Giants fan? If I wanted to talk to Giants fans, I'd visit the mens rooms in our public parks after hours.

Hey! Anybody want to bet how much we'll be talking about third string QB Kirk Cousins by the end of September? I predict he'll be as big a topic as Nick Sundberg.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:33 pm

God, now race is an issue with drafting Cousins?? Bayless is a moron, I have the same reaction listening to his opinions as to someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard.

RGIII is our QB of the future, not Cousins. Actually Stephen A had it correct with that.....and that Shanahan's future is tied to how well/quickly RGIII develops.

I still think we should have gone in a different direction with that pick, but I can at least see why Shanahan would have wanted another young QB for several reasons. ....none race related.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 pm

riggofan wrote:Can I just add my voice to beg people to PLEASE stop responding to the idiot Giants fan? If I wanted to talk to Giants fans, I'd visit the mens rooms in our public parks after hours.

Hey! Anybody want to bet how much we'll be talking about third string QB Kirk Cousins by the end of September? I predict he'll be as big a topic as Nick Sundberg.

Yeah, I wonder how many of these "experts" will appologize for their idiotic rantings and creating a fire strom of controvery and then blaming that fire storm on the Skins.

When all this noise goes away, RG3 starts ripping up the NFL, and then gets hurt in 2013 or 2014 when the team is in a playoff race and the team trots out Cousins and the team continues to win all of those experts won't say anything about the team having a capable backup QB! They will just expect it and never admit that the KILLED the team for being so STUPID to draft a backup QB!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Countertrey wrote:Image
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Skip Bayless...

What else is there to say?

Anybody have a caption for this "mouth action"?
Last edited by Countertrey on Tue May 01, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:22 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Image

Hey that picture is anatomically incorrect! I’ve never heard of a troll that wasn’t a nut-less keyboard coward!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 2:23 pm

^^^ Great errors in internet posting history
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/05/01/a-look-at-what-the-redskins-drafting-qb-kirk-cousins-means-for-coach-mike-shanahan/?module=HP11_content_stream

Sorry, this might qualify as fair minded and reasonable analysis, so it's not for everybody's taste ;-)
And this is an article from Sports Illustrated (they do SOME things right) from which some of the analysis comes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/03/13/matt.flynn/index.html

I'm going to go on record as saying....hmmmmm
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football