2012 Honest predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:42 pm

cleg wrote:I was more referring to the last two games agais t the lions which they lost. Including the one which was the lions first win since the 0-16 season. Whatever, I forget how finicky people are on this site. Just saying I have a bad feeling abiut the start of this season.

I honestly know exactly what you mean ... finicky and such I've been on both sides.

Not meaning to be a smart ass at all but I'm wondering how old you are because a lot of us remember simply countIng the Lion game as a guaranteed W. That's why that line grabbed me. I wondered about your history with the 'Skins and almost didn't post about it ... But I knew if I didn't the Deadman would. I even just took the first link in my research counting on the Deadman to find an "error" whether one existed or not.

[-X

Stay tuned.

Fun site, huh?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Finicky? Had you said "The Lions have beat us twice, lately" you'd have been right... but you said "historically they lose to the Lions"... um... no. Historically, the Lions lose to the Redskins. That's not being finicky... that's responding to what was said in the post. Clintonian parsing really doesn't count...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:07 am

DarthMonk wrote:I even just took the first link in my research counting on the Deadman to find an "error" whether one existed or not.

Please! :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I even just took the first link in my research counting on the Deadman to find an "error" whether one existed or not.

That was a compliment, bro! Absolutely true too!!

\:D/

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Monkey

With you, there is always an error.

:nana:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Deadskins... the default, automatic fact-checker/copy editor of THN! LOL
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Monkey

With you, there is always an error.

:nana:
;furious; :moon: :mrgreen:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:25 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
cleg wrote:I was more referring to the last two games agais t the lions which they lost. Including the one which was the lions first win since the 0-16 season. Whatever, I forget how finicky people are on this site. Just saying I have a bad feeling abiut the start of this season.

I honestly know exactly what you mean ... finicky and such I've been on both sides.

Not meaning to be a smart ass at all but I'm wondering how old you are because a lot of us remember simply countIng the Lion game as a guaranteed W. That's why that line grabbed me. I wondered about your history with the 'Skins and almost didn't post about it ... But I knew if I didn't the Deadman would. I even just took the first link in my research counting on the Deadman to find an "error" whether one existed or not.

[-X

Stay tuned.

Fun site, huh?

Old enough to remember all the Super Bowl wins - and yes, the wins over the Lions. I remember the Glory Years and all the down years. I have watched or attended every singleRedskins game since pprobably 1981 or so with the exception of college which was pre dish. So, I have been around long enough to see many stories repeat themselves...like bad teams getting good but taking a half step back the next year. Also have seen best reporters and teams play down concerns like, say not playing in the preseason. I also have seen (last year) a unknown offense besting a better team. So, I was not clear about the Lions comment - so the xxxx what.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 am

cleg wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

[-X

Stay tuned.

Fun site, huh?

Old enough to remember all the Super Bowl wins - and yes, the wins over the Lions. I remember the Glory Years and all the down years. I have watched or attended every singleRedskins game since pprobably 1981 or so with the exception of college which was pre dish. So, I have been around long enough to see many stories repeat themselves...like bad teams getting good but taking a half step back the next year. Also have seen best reporters and teams play down concerns like, say not playing in the preseason. I also have seen (last year) a unknown offense besting a better team. So, I was not clear about the Lions comment - so the xxxx what.

I thought I explained it pretty well. You seem a little pissed. #shrug

Anyway, good to know you're a fellow long time loyal fan. Sounds like our pedigrees are really close on time frame, attendance, and watching. Like I said a few posts back, I share some of your concerns. Actually, the ones you just raised all seem pretty legit to me.

H T T R

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football