Advice for Visiting Fans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Advice for Visiting Fans

Postby jrlbc06 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey Skins Fans!

I'm a Falcons fan planning on coming to the game next week and was wondering about some advice on seats. Is there a section typically set aside for visiting teams? Wouldn't mind sitting with other Falcons fans. I know that some tickets are usually given to visiting teams but I'm not sure if you guys have a specific section for visitors.

Am loving seeing you guys beating Tampa now and have been a fan of RGIII for a while. Best of luck the rest of the way (just not next week!)

Appreciate any advice!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

I don't think there is a visiting fans section. You will probably see Atlanta fans scattered here and there, just as we see small clumps of Braves fans at Nats Park.

Redskin and Nats fans tend to be well-behaved...generally welcoming, especially if you know football (or baseball). In both places, about the only thing that riles people is if visiting fans start chanting "Redskins [Nats] suck!" Nats fans don't like the tomahawk song and the chop...that usually encourages Nats fans to drown you out. As a Falcons fan, you wouldn't do the chop.

Otherwise, enjoy the game. The stadium is nice enough...the upper upper upper seats are high, if you look outside the stadium. Don't jump!!

Note: there is a deep dislike of Philadelphia fans...Eagles and Fillies and Flyers. We expect them to be drunks, abusive, etc. They are about the only fan-base that us unwelcome, sight unseen, no questions. (Fillies fans in essence? Cheered wildly when Jasyson Werth broke his wrist diving for a line drive. Will proudly beat up children for baseballs tossed into the seats.)

JSPB22

Re: Advice for Visiting Fans

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm

jrlbc06 wrote:Hey Skins Fans!

I'm a Falcons fan planning on coming to the game next week and was wondering about some advice on seats. Is there a section typically set aside for visiting teams?

Yes, here they are:

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby jrlbc06 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm

welch wrote:I don't think there is a visiting fans section. You will probably see Atlanta fans scattered here and there, just as we see small clumps of Braves fans at Nats Park.

Redskin and Nats fans tend to be well-behaved...generally welcoming, especially if you know football (or baseball). In both places, about the only thing that riles people is if visiting fans start chanting "Redskins [Nats] suck!" Nats fans don't like the tomahawk song and the chop...that usually encourages Nats fans to drown you out. As a Falcons fan, you wouldn't do the chop.

Otherwise, enjoy the game. The stadium is nice enough...the upper upper upper seats are high, if you look outside the stadium. Don't jump!!

Note: there is a deep dislike of Philadelphia fans...Eagles and Fillies and Flyers. We expect them to be drunks, abusive, etc. They are about the only fan-base that us unwelcome, sight unseen, no questions. (Fillies fans in essence? Cheered wildly when Jasyson Werth broke his wrist diving for a line drive. Will proudly beat up children for baseballs tossed into the seats.)

Thanks for all the info! We went with a section in the 120s on the visiting team side. Excited to come down. We're actually from New England and we were trying to choose between going to the Eagles vs Falcons or Redskins vs Falcons games. We picked the Skins b/c of Philly's reputation toward visiting fans. People I've talked to said Skins fans are classy and welcoming as long as you're classy back.

Got a permit for the Green Lot, so hopefully won't have to worry about parking. Thanks for beating up on Tampa today and best of luck next week!!

Postby jrlbc06 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:Yes, here they are:

Nice, talk about obstructed view!

Can you at least see more of the field through that fence?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 pm

jrlbc06 wrote:

Wouldn't know. Those are the seats reserved for visiting fans.

I live in ATL, BTW. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby jrlbc06 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
jrlbc06 wrote:

Wouldn't know. Those are the seats reserved for visiting fans.

I live in ATL, BTW. :lol:

Stick the Eagles fans up there haha.

Hoping to get down to ATL for a home game this year, but not sure yet!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football