Giants Fan Here

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:you honestly talk like hes better than Eli

That's because RG3 is better than Sheli. Not taking anything away from Sheli. RG3 is just that good.
Last edited by Deadskins on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:you honestly talk like hes better than Eli

That's because RG3 is better than Sheli. Not to take anything away from Sheli. RG3 is just that good.


Yep.

Sheli is not and never will be Elite.. regardless of how.many rings she gets, forever just peytons little biotch brother! Lmao..

Can't wait to see him throw a pick or get sacked for a fumble.. the sheli cry baby face is almost as good as chomos 5th int face #classic!

Not saying we win for sure, or that the giants are terrible... Just that Mara can suck it cuz ain't.no fluke sb happening this year!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk
Posts: 4475
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 pm

If we play this game 10 times on a neutral field the Giants go 6-4.

How sound is Nicks at foot and knee? How about Bradshaw?

We are running great. We trail only the 49ers in rushing ypg and ypc. We will mix randomly and will not become one-dimensional.

We should hold up against your run. Both teams know each other well but we know you better than you know us. We are new and there is not much tape on our offense while there is a mountain of tape on yours.

You guys tend to get cute early against us when you ought to be running. We will stack box and get underneath a lot of patterns. We can be had deep. If we don't you will struggle trying to complete long drives on us.

Barry Cofield loves playing against you guys. If he comes hard up the middle we can seriously fluster Eli. He is throwing 2 picks per game. Griffin has thrown 2 all year. Eli is 3rd in the league in passing yards. We are getting torched but are playing with the lead.

Image

Image

My best guess is something like 27-24 or 30-27 Giants but you better not let us get the ball back with 2 minutes to go in a game like that.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

@ darthMonk.. smmfh bro
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk
Posts: 4475
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:@ darthMonk.. smmfh bro


Monkey
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:37 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:@ darthMonk.. smmfh bro

Yeah, +1 on that. Skins win 36-24. Fred Davis finally finds the endzone... twice!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Postby oneman56 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Skins 38, Giants 31

..some random scoring I just made up but check this out..

Score tied 31-31 in 4th Qtr with 1:23 left.. Skins ball on 50 yard line thanks to fumble by the backup RB David wus his face.. RG3 gets the snap and JPP gets through the line, RG3 gives him a fake and JPP goes down holding his ankle.. scrambling to the outside he spots Santana Moss running down the field wide open like a hooker's you know what.. Bob throws it, Moss catches it.. TOUUUCCHHDOOOWWNN!!

... giants get the kickoff and Eli turns over the ball with a sack-fumble, Skins run down the clock, Eli cries and calls big brother Peyton to complain.. Game over, Giants still suck.
8)

i think your all overrating your quarterback a little bit honestly. He's been in the NFL for 6 games, and you honestly talk like hes better than Eli, which is a joke. I think you should be more worried about our 2 time Superbowl MVP Quarterback torching your 32nd ranked pass defense than anything else, because quite frankly I think Eli is going to have a field day.


This is exactly what worries me the most and yeah we won twice last year but that has no bearing on this years games. If our secondary shows up AND our run defense continues to play well I like our chances but if they play like they did the first few weeks of the year against the pass then I don't know. We better show up hyped I know that much, the Giants don't want to be 0-3 in the division and 0 for their last 3 against us. I am expecting them to play like they did against the 9ers.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:56 pm

@ darthMonk.. smmfh bro
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 pm

oneman56 wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Skins 38, Giants 31

..some random scoring I just made up but check this out..

Score tied 31-31 in 4th Qtr with 1:23 left.. Skins ball on 50 yard line thanks to fumble by the backup RB David wus his face.. RG3 gets the snap and JPP gets through the line, RG3 gives him a fake and JPP goes down holding his ankle.. scrambling to the outside he spots Santana Moss running down the field wide open like a hooker's you know what.. Bob throws it, Moss catches it.. TOUUUCCHHDOOOWWNN!!

... giants get the kickoff and Eli turns over the ball with a sack-fumble, Skins run down the clock, Eli cries and calls big brother Peyton to complain.. Game over, Giants still suck.
8)

i think your all overrating your quarterback a little bit honestly. He's been in the NFL for 6 games, and you honestly talk like hes better than Eli, which is a joke. I think you should be more worried about our 2 time Superbowl MVP Quarterback torching your 32nd ranked pass defense than anything else, because quite frankly I think Eli is going to have a field day.


This is exactly what worries me the most and yeah we won twice last year but that has no bearing on this years games. If our secondary shows up AND our run defense continues to play well I like our chances but if they play like they did the first few weeks of the year against the pass then I don't know. We better show up hyped I know that much, the Giants don't want to be 0-3 in the division and 0 for their last 3 against us. I am expecting them to play like they did against the 9ers.


Well I wouldn't mind them playing similar to last week.. Giving up under 200 in the air to sheli is cool with me! Honestly giving up just over a hundred yards on the ground (though I doubt it) isn't that big of a deal either.
Because...
I don't see RGiii crapping the bed like Alex smith does.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4898
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Well, Hakeem, I've lived in NYC for more than 40 years. I read "Giants" evry season.

I wonlt say that RG3 is better than Eli already, but RG3 is really special. I haven't seen a QB come in as a rookie and do as well. Note: I remember back to Charlie Conerly (Giants) and Eddie LeBaron (Redskins).

Since the game won't be RG3<->Eli, I'll say that the Giants usually do a good job at putting together a tough team...the Redskins are getting there.

I think the Redskins secondary is vulnerable; the rest of the defense doesn't give up much.

On the other side, RG3 really is something amazing. Has learned the offense, reads a defense, has a great arm and fine touch, and he could be one of the best running backs in the league. Luckily, he's learned not to do that.

Game is impossible to predict...note that the Redskins have had a chance in every game. Giants should have an advantage passing into the Redskins defense, but who knows??

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:RG3 has yet to see what he's about to Sunday, I think he's going to struggle, as the Giants have played scrambling QBs well so far this season.

That might be true, if RG3 were a scrambling QB. But he's a pocket passer who just happens to be a threat to run.


RG3 is not the QB you should worry about struggling

ATT COMP YDS TD INT
25 15 161 0 1
29 17 243 1 1
32 18 268 0 1
40 23 251 0 3

Ok, so you've played Eli well his last few games. I also recall us beating you 6 games in a row up until last year, what is your point


The point is in all four games that Haz was the DC for the Skins, Manning has not had good games, so the the 6 straight that you mention are irrelevant to the most recent happenings on the field. The questions is does Haz have the Giant's number in the passing game? Evidence seems to say, yes. You pulled out two victories in the first two Haslett games, but look at them closer and you will see that Giant offense was shut down in the second half of the first game in 2010 and held in check for the second game even though the Skins were playing for pride and the Giants for a play-off berth. Bring us to today - Latley, the Giant offense has not matched well with what Haz has thrown at them. The point that I see being made - Eli has not played well lately against the Skins. Fluke? How about offering your opinion from the Giants side of why Manning has not played well against Haz's Defenses.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:While I understand your guys confidence in your quarterback, I still don't know if you will be able to slow down our offense at full strength. I think David Wilson could be poised for big game on offense and returning kicks with AB maybe being a bit worn down after those last 2 weeks.


Wilson is poised for a big return because we no longer have a kicker that can kick the ball through the end zone. We have given up some big returns. In the Saints game, Spoles returned one 8 yards deep in the endzone for a very good gain and last week Harvin had some good returns. Granted Wilson is no Harvin or Spoles, but I am a little concerned in this area - I will give you that.

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Image
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Image
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Postby hakeemthedream » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 am

Deadskins wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:you honestly talk like hes better than Eli

That's because RG3 is better than Sheli. Not taking anything away from Sheli. RG3 is just that good.

Hahahaha. Come on guys, I was really starting to think you guys were rational and knowledgable fans. Really, can you honestly say this? Eli is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL, RG3 has not yet cracked the top 10. If your actually telling me you'd rather have RG3 for a gamewinning drive than Eli, your kinda nuts. We have the most clutch quarterback in the NFL in the middle of his prime. We have the QB edge, end of story

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football