Giants Fan Here

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Postby hakeemthedream » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:hakeemthedream, good game and thanks for stopping by. I would say "best of luck," but of course I actually hope your franchise crashes and burns harder than a December Dallas Cowboys meltdown. :lol:

Good game guys. We pulled that out of our asses, extremely even game all the way through. No reason you shouldn't be optimistic about the future, and the rest of this season for that matter. That 4th and 10 play still has me shaking my head. Good luck the rest of the way.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Deadskins wrote:That wasn't RG3's fault, or really Sheli's, for that matter. Any NFL QB could have made that pass.


Let's not be sore losers here. I wish the Skins had won but it was a great game. Eli showed why he won two SBs with the Giants and he is a great quarterback. We should acknowledge it because it is the classy thing to do.

Don't. Get me wrong I hope the Skins spank them in the rematch. :D
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

the 'mudge
Posts: 14383
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????


Just sayin'...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Leg whip called against the Skins this week. Tripping called against the Niners last week. Most refs take it easy on the Gints because most refs look like Tom Coughlin.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Leg whip called against the Skins this week. Tripping called against the Niners last week. Most refs take it easy on the Gints because most refs look like Tom Coughlin.


Lmfao!
Classic!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15980
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:Eli showed why he won two SBs with the Giants

Yep, a lucky play on offense and a good defense.

Bishop Hammer wrote:and he is a great quarterback.

OK, you lost me there. As I said, any NFL QB could have made that throw.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 am

cvillehog wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Eli would not have done as well as RG3 did today

Sheli didn't do as well as RG3 did today. My 2 cents


Well, he won, so…


He didn't win, the team did...

DarthMonk
Posts: 4330
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Wasn't saying you said that. I was saying the Redskins really won the game.


So I was wrong? Stretch dude. Big time.

Yes, because your prediction was based on their being the better team, not that we would get screwed on bad calls and non-calls all game, or turn the ball over four times.

Anyway, we have no one to blame but ourselves, for turning the ball over like we did, and not shutting down that last play. It should have never come down to some bad calls. If we protect the ball, we win going away, and the refs can't stop it.

I say that the lesser team won yesterday, but stuff like that happens. That's why they play the games. :wink:


Still reaching Deadman. I was flat out right.

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Do you honestly think we are going to win every game we play?

Yes, yes I do. 8)


Hello?

It's quite clear who was wrong.

No one knows what will happen in advance and no one knows what would have happened if ...

Your post above is moronic in stark contrast to most of your stuff. You should give this one a rest. We outplayed them at the line of scrimmage and lost. We do that often enough that one should factor it in to any pregame analysis. At least one bad call hurt us when it was made. We simply don't know how the game would have played out after the "leg whip" etc. It's all conjecture.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Smmfh.. pick the gnats, then defend them when they pull off a squeaker?.. a game we should have won and played damn good in?
Damn doode, are you ok? I mean that with sincerity bro...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15980
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:09 am

Sorry Darth, I have to agree with ckR on this one.

Side note: When did you get your name changed, ckR? I noticed the RGIII in FF, but didn't see it on the site until just now. Hope this doesn't mean you have to start over in your avatar quest. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4330
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Smmfh.. pick the gnats, then defend them when they pull off a squeaker?.. a game we should have won and played damn good in?
Damn doode, are you ok? I mean that with sincerity bro...


I did not defend the Giants.

I defended my analysis .. which ... btw ... proved not to be inacurate.

As I said, no one was sadder than I when Cruz caught that last bomb.

It's almost as if you think I wanted to lose and was glad we did.

smh back at ya

PS - I'm fine.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4330
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:Sorry Darth, I have to agree with ckR on this one.

Side note: When did you get your name changed, ckR? I noticed the RGIII in FF, but didn't see it on the site until just now. Hope this doesn't mean you have to start over in your avatar quest. :twisted:


I'm not sure what you're agreeing with but that's cool.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1652
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????


Just sayin'...


I don't think anyone has to "pretend" that Eli is a great QB. In 7 seasons, he has taken his team to the playoffs 5 times and won 2 SBs. In his first full season he took a team that was 6-10 in the prior year to 11-5 and has never had a losing season in New York since becoming the starter. He has also made 2 pro bowls and has 2 SB MVP awards. He currently leads the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, and 10th in QB Rating.

Not sure how that doesn't qualify as "great". If it doesn't, I would love to know what does -- because if so there are only about 5-10 QBs in the history of the NFL that may fit the definition.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????


Just sayin'...


I don't think anyone has to "pretend" that Eli is a great QB. In 7 seasons, he has taken his team to the playoffs 5 times and won 2 SBs. In his first full season he took a team that was 6-10 in the prior year to 11-5 and has never had a losing season in New York since becoming the starter. He has also made 2 pro bowls and has 2 SB MVP awards. He currently leads the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, and 10th in QB Rating.

Not sure how that doesn't qualify as "great". If it doesn't, I would love to know what does -- because if so there are only about 5-10 QBs in the history of the NFL that may fit the definition.


Don't confuse what the team has done with what one player has done...is Eli responsible for the team's success? For some of it, certainly, but don't give me this garbage that Eli's had a winning season every year and he's won 2 SBs....HE didn't do that, the TEAM did it...if the Redskins were as good of a TEAM as the Giants, they'd be winning SBs too...

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15980
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm

grampi wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:We should pretend Sheli is great because it's classy????


Just sayin'...


I don't think anyone has to "pretend" that Eli is a great QB. In 7 seasons, he has taken his team to the playoffs 5 times and won 2 SBs. In his first full season he took a team that was 6-10 in the prior year to 11-5 and has never had a losing season in New York since becoming the starter. He has also made 2 pro bowls and has 2 SB MVP awards. He currently leads the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, and 10th in QB Rating.

Not sure how that doesn't qualify as "great". If it doesn't, I would love to know what does -- because if so there are only about 5-10 QBs in the history of the NFL that may fit the definition.


Don't confuse what the team has done with what one player has done...is Eli responsible for the team's success? For some of it, certainly, but don't give me this garbage that Eli's had a winning season every year and he's won 2 SBs....HE didn't do that, the TEAM did it...if the Redskins were as good of a TEAM as the Giants, they'd be winning SBs too...

Seriously! If that was Peyton, and not Sheli, the G-strings would have won 5 or 6 SBs instead of two.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football