Replace Haslett with... ???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 am

It doesn't matter who the DC is if we don't get the DBs to actually cover someone. Our secondary is piss poor at best and you can't place all the blame on Haz. Does he make stupid calls? Yeah he does but it boils down to our D just gives up after the 3rd quarter of every single game.
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am

butterd97 wrote:It doesn't matter who the DC is if we don't get the DBs to actually cover someone. Our secondary is piss poor at best and you can't place all the blame on Haz. Does he make stupid calls? Yeah he does but it boils down to our D just gives up after the 3rd quarter of every single game.

Agreed. Read:

On coverage in the clutch and Chris Cooley

HOWEVER, he should not keep calling a defense that HE KNOWS his players cannot execute. That is my complaint.

Also 4 calls (no calls) made a huge difference:

1. Illegal movement on Hankerson/Davis. BS if you ask me ...

2. Polumbus phantom call ... totally BS call.

3. L. Alexander's helmet FLYING after a punch and hands to the face in front of the official and no call.

4. MULTIPLE penalties holding Kerrigan and not a single call.

I am all in favour of the experienced officials (no scabs, thx) working these games but the league should look at these situations.

We always seem to get screwed on and off the field playing against Mara's team.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby G0V0LS33 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

Countertrey wrote:Anyone who might suggest a return to the 4-3 clearly does not understand the game... It was TWO seasons before we were able to match our front 7 personel to a 3-4... it would be at least that long to convert back.
I agree with this 100%. I am unfortunately seeing the same type of problems on defense with my college team. We cannot change the scheme but what we do need to do is call the plays better not to put our terrible db's in a play thay know they cannot cover. I am not a Hall fan but he is playing so soft on WR's it is pathetic. He is gettin eaten alive!
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 am

the illegal shift call was total bs and the call on Polumbus was crap too but we still had the game won if the DB's just buckled down and played instead of flapping their mouths ( D Hall ) Cruz in the slot at that moment I would have had a LB jam him at the line the CB playing off that in man and the safety deep zone . no way he should have beat us because everyone saw it coming
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:12 am

G0V0LS33 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Anyone who might suggest a return to the 4-3 clearly does not understand the game... It was TWO seasons before we were able to match our front 7 personel to a 3-4... it would be at least that long to convert back.
I agree with this 100%. I am unfortunately seeing the same type of problems on defense with my college team. We cannot change the scheme but what we do need to do is call the plays better not to put our terrible db's in a play thay know they cannot cover. I am not a Hall fan but he is playing so soft on WR's it is pathetic. He is gettin eaten alive!

If trash talking won games Hall would win all our games single handed and yes the 10 yard cushion he gives on every play is getting old fast.

piglet

Postby G0V0LS33 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 am

butterd97 wrote:
G0V0LS33 wrote:

If trash talking won games Hall would win all our games single handed and yes the 10 yard cushion he gives on every play is getting old fast.

No Hall is getting old and slow!
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Allowed 494 points (30.9/g), 32nd.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm

. . . and now for something completely different (I know a few, too few have already pointed this out, but thought it was interesting to see someone else point it out

Haslett is not the problem
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

emoses14 wrote:. . . and now for something completely different (I know a few, too few have already pointed this out, but thought it was interesting to see someone else point it out

Haslett is not the problem

I read the same article and agree with it completely. I don't understand all the hate toward Haz. Maybe you don't like some of his zero blitzes or soft coverages but I think overall he's done a decent job. I'm not saying he's the best DC in the league (he's not of course) but the problems we're seeing are with mostly the same personnel as last year...the difference is Raheem. Madieu Williams has been atrocious, I could count on one hand the number of plays he's impacted in 7 games. We need a free safety and two good CB's this off-season.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Allowed 494 points (30.9/g), 32nd.

With more talent in the secondary than we currently have.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:HOWEVER, he should not keep calling a defense that HE KNOWS his players cannot execute. That is my complaint.

This is preceisely my complaint with Haz. These guys can't run his defense, he needs to simplify to meet their talent level. I am not saying that these guys will become great. I am saying that need to get back into at leas the top 20.

LaVar Arrington was saying today, that our safeties do not have the speed to do what Haz wants. If he simplifies the D. The players will do less thinking and increase their reaction time and most importantly be in the right position and have a chance to make the play.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:HOWEVER, he should not keep calling a defense that HE KNOWS his players cannot execute. That is my complaint.

This is preceisely my complaint with Haz. These guys can't run his defense, he needs to simplify to meet their talent level. I am not saying that these guys will become great. I am saying that need to get back into at leas the top 20.

LaVar Arrington was saying today, that our safeties do not have the speed to do what Haz wants. If he simplifies the D. The players will do less thinking and increase their reaction time and most importantly be in the right position and have a chance to make the play.

We share the same analysis, bro.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

We share the same analysis, bro.
We did know our secondary was suspect during the preseason. We knew our front 7 was stout. We thought our defense would be the better of the two sides....not really fully appreciating how special RGIII was, nor how much of a beast mighy mo would be.

Our injuries have been significant, but every team has those. On the positive side, our defense is stout vs the run.....of course, good nfl qb's watch our secondary (and lack of pass rush) on film and lick their chops to throw the ball. We are also creating turnovers. But we are allowing teams to move the ball almost at will via the air.

Haslett, as far as I can tell, has never coached a top defense. Vs the bengals, we gave up a td on the first play because jay gruden was able to predict what haz would do in a certain situation. If jay can do that, what can other o coords see? Our offense can confuse defenses, we should be able to create some confusion with our d as well. Instead we all hold our breaths when our d is on the field, knowing they can give up the big play at any time.

With our cap issues next season, and lack of top draft picks....i am all for getting a 3-4 guru in here other than haz. Someone who might use our existing personnel better, and scheme better. Our talent is not going to signifiantly improve next season......maybe we can upgrade our d coaching.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm

rskin72 wrote:We did know our secondary was suspect during the preseason. We knew our front 7 was stout. We thought our defense would be the better of the two sides....not really fully appreciating how special RGIII was, nor how much of a beast mighy mo would be.

Is our front 7 stout? The front seven is stout against the run (you did say this later in your post), but they are part of the problem with the coverage (you didn't say this). A lack of a pass run. Blame it on injuries to Rak and Carriker (you didn't do this, but others do), but there were games last year when we saw the same problems with both of them playing. Riley will probably never be a good cover guy and Fletch, covering the TEs in the middle has never been an optimum match up.

At least last year in some games, the front 7 did put enough pressure to make our secondary look better especially in the two Giant games. In the two Cowboy games, the front 7 did not generate much of a pass rush.

Why the massive drop off in performance? Given the amount of time that Landry who cannot cover anyway and Atogwe spent on the sidelines is our secondary that much worse than last year? Add Madieu and you basically have the same starters for most of the season. Is Madieu an upgrade over Doughty? I have never seen Doughty get a pick 6.

Why isn't the Front 7 getting the pressure it got last year, which wasn't much if you take out the 7 sack Ram game?

Basically, the same players as last year (add Jenkins). Definitely the same DC!

I won't try to debate you on your fire Haz at the end of the season, because you got a good ammo supply. :)

For me:

The only way, I say fire Haz is if Wade Philips is available and he won't be. Haz is slowly making adjustments with his D and toning down his agressiveness. The last two games point to him getting it that he must do things differently. He maybe slow reacting to what is, but he is reacting and I beleive that we will see an improvement next week by beating the Steelers on their home turf.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 pm

oneman56 wrote:Madieu Williams has been atrocious

Yeah, that pick six last week was horrible.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football