Redskins at Steelers Gameday Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 am

grampi wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
grampi wrote:I don't see the Skins beating the Aluminers...they may surprise us all and pull off the win, but I doubt it...

Just remember this, grampi. Come Sunday night, if the Steelers have won then actually, we have won and you will have been wrong.

ACTUALLY SHAKING MY HEAD AND LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

?????

That was passive/aggressively directed at me, grampi. He predicted the G-strings to win (because he thought they were the better team), and afterwards he was gloating about being right. I said he was wrong (because the better team didn't win), and he just can't let it go.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:40 am

got it!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 am

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
grampi wrote:I don't see the Skins beating the Aluminers...they may surprise us all and pull off the win, but I doubt it...

Just remember this, grampi. Come Sunday night, if the Steelers have won then actually, we have won and you will have been wrong.

?????

That was passive/aggressively directed at me, grampi. He predicted the G-strings to win (because he thought they were the better team), and afterwards he was gloating about being right. I said he was wrong (because the better team didn't win), and he just can't let it go.

Don't go and take ALL the credit meow! :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 am

We have a better chance at pulling out a win this week than last week ... :twisted:

we all know the problem with the secondary but ...

the Steelers are not that good against the run and that will greatly help our cause this week ... :wink:
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby jmooney » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 am

I'm just slightly concerned though. If anybody will figure out how to stop our offense, it'll be Dick Labeau. Speedy recievers give us more trouble than anything (all recievers do) Pittsburgh has speed in spades at the position.

We've got a shot but, we gotta shut em down defensively this week. I dont see us putting up 30 on Pittsburgh on the road, regardless of their injuries.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:07 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

?????

Don't go and take ALL the credit meow! :twisted:

Yeah, you were a big part of it too, but it was I who said he was still wrong. So... :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am

jmooney wrote:I'm just slightly concerned though. If anybody will figure out how to stop our offense, it'll be Dick Labeau. Speedy recievers give us more trouble than anything (all recievers do) Pittsburgh has speed in spades at the position.

We've got a shot but, we gotta shut em down defensively this week. I dont see us putting up 30 on Pittsburgh on the road, regardless of their injuries.

Our best defense is a great offense that keeps their offense off the field.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 am

Deadskins wrote: ... Our best defense is a great offense that keeps their offense off the field.

:shock: True dat ...

AND

to repeat - the Steelers are not very good against the run and I look for the offense to not only score enough to offset the secondary but also to hopefully use a lot of time in doing that

I do think we can win this game .. :)

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:34 am

Football Outsiders is saying the Redskins have a great chance at upsetting the Steelers this Sunday (ever week they pick an underdog whose chances they like).

I can't read the whole thing, because I don't have ESPN Insider, but the full article is here:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... h-steelers
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby gushogs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Skins have to win. Run the ball and keep benny and his receivers on the bench. Besides, Cooooooley's back and he'll take care of business.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I can't wait for the day the Skins are good enough that they're not the underdogs...+

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I can't wait for the day the Skins are good enough that they're not the underdogs...

see - that's the reality here - until this year we were hoping that we could become good enough ...

there is no doubt in my mind that there are many NFL fans and the stupid media who now realize that we're going to be that team ...

AND SOON

NO DOUBT

HTTR
Last edited by SkinsJock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 pm

It's coming grampi. I can see day light. We are good enough to beat anyone on a given day, but it will take a bit more time before we are consistent.

########

Postby Scottskins » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Reading Steelers forums, it amazes me how many people out there, consider griffin a mostly running qb....they have no idea lol
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

?????

That was passive/aggressively directed at me, grampi.

I was actually joking but OK.

Deadskins wrote:He predicted the G-strings to win (because he thought they were the better team),

I didn't even really pick them. I gave them a 60% chance of winning and made a best guess score of 27-24. The pick thing is semantics. I'll go ahead and use the word.

I did not pick them for the reason you state. Those are YOUR words and your conjecture. I picked them because they were at home.

Deadskins wrote:and afterwards he was gloating about being right.

Not at all. I simply defended my analysis againt your inane posts.

Deadskins wrote:I said he was wrong (because the better team didn't win), and he just can't let it go.

Sure I can. YOU can't accept the loss. You even call it a win. Get over it.

THAT's the straight dope, grampi. See for yourself.

DarthMonk wrote:If we play this game 10 times on a neutral field the Giants go 6-4.

How sound is Nicks at foot and knee? How about Bradshaw?

We are running great. We trail only the 49ers in rushing ypg and ypc. We will mix randomly and will not become one-dimensional.

We should hold up against your run. Both teams know each other well but we know you better than you know us. We are new and there is not much tape on our offense while there is a mountain of tape on yours.

You guys tend to get cute early against us when you ought to be running. We will stack box and get underneath a lot of patterns. We can be had deep. If we don't you will struggle trying to complete long drives on us.

Barry Cofield loves playing against you guys. If he comes hard up the middle we can seriously fluster Eli. He is throwing 2 picks per game. Griffin has thrown 2 all year. Eli is 3rd in the league in passing yards. We are getting torched but are playing with the lead.

My best guess is something like 27-24 or 30-27 Giants but you better not let us get the ball back with 2 minutes to go in a game like that.

DarthMonk

LOL SMH
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football