Broken Hearts

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
G4L

Broken Hearts

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am

How will our Skins break our hearts this week? Will it be dropped passes? Injuries? Or my favorite..the late game meltdown.
HAIL

DarthMonk

Re: Broken Hearts

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:How will our Skins break our hearts this week? Will it be dropped passes? Injuries? Or my favorite..the late game meltdown.

There's always the blocked kick. What else ...

Taking a shot on 3rd and 4 then punting when 5 yards would put us in FG range.

Zero blitzing on 3rd and more than 12 - and getting burned - of course.

Dropping a pick - or 3.

Calling TO to save 5 yards in the 2nd half - right before we punt.

Trying a 65 yard field goal on 4th and 10 with 30 seconds to go while down by 3.

Throwing deep to Griffin against cover 2.

Running a late flea-flicker down by 3 scores.

Not going no-huddle when the whole world is asking "WHY?"

This is almost fun.

How about we kick some ass.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:39 am

DarthMonk wrote:Trying a 65 yard field goal on 4th and 10 with 30 seconds to go while down by 3.

Kai might make that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 am

we get to see this week how well RG3 handles a rough outing .. The Steelers showed how to slow him down and Im sure teams will follow suit with what they did.. Will be interesting to see how he bounces back and how we counter what teams will be doing to stop him..

The Panthers are very familiar with the read option considering they used it so much last year with Cam Newton so this will be a good test. Also a make or break point in the season for the team so Im def interested to see how RG3 and the team handle this game.

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:12 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Trying a 65 yard field goal on 4th and 10 with 30 seconds to go while down by 3.

Kai might make that.

Probably not, but at least he can make the 'chip shots'. Don't jinx him though, not a heartbreaker so far.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:How will our Skins break our hearts this week? Will it be dropped passes? Injuries? Or my favorite..the late game meltdown.

Not going to happen, we will beat Carolina.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 am

ATX_Skins wrote:

Not going to happen, we will beat Carolina.

I know.. this thread is bullish
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:we get to see this week how well RG3 handles a rough outing .. The Steelers showed how to slow him down

Yes, you simply have to have our receivers drop 11 or 12 balls, and he'll be slowed down. Now, if the rest of the teams on our schedule can do that, we'll be done for. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 pm

HarleyHog wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Kai might make that.

Probably not, but at least he can make the 'chip shots'. Don't jinx him though, not a heartbreaker so far.

Not jinxing him. Darth, was referring to the St. Louis game (though it was 16 yards to go, and 1:03 left) where Cundiff was our kicker, and failed miserably. I might add to his list, kick onsides with 3:47 left, and trailing by four.

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Deadskins wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:we get to see this week how well RG3 handles a rough outing .. The Steelers showed how to slow him down

Yes, you simply have to have our receivers drop 11 or 12 balls, and he'll be slowed down. Now, if the rest of the teams on our schedule can do that, we'll be done for. :roll:

Exactly. I don't know how another team is going to make our open receivers drop a ball that hits them in the hands. Our wideouts left perhaps 100+ yards on the field on Sunday.

RGIII's probable stats if the receivers drop 1 or 2 instead of 10: 70%+ completion rate, 230+ yards, and another touchdown. Basically, the same stats he's been getting all year.

The Steelers did not "slow down" RGIII. :roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Exactly. I don't know how another team is going to make our open receivers drop a ball that hits them in the hands. Our wideouts left perhaps 100+ yards on the field on Sunday.

RGIII's probable stats if the receivers drop 1 or 2 instead of 10: 70%+ completion rate, 230+ yards, and another touchdown. Basically, the same stats he's been getting all year.

Couldn't agree more.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 am

cvillehog wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 am

+ another 1
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Stupidity abound.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm

something new each week

thankfully we have a week off before we have a whole bunch of good teams to play against :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football