Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:*side note*..

I like da avatar Mursilis.. congrats!

+1. Too bad you didn't get it seven or eight weeks ago, it might have gone far.

Oh dag was it that long ago? You gotta remember bro that I don't come in the public area too much. I'm usually cruisin in smack while gettin ---> :mrgreen:

No, I'm saying Mursilis' shiny new avatar might have gone far in the playoffs.

Ahhhh, my bad and I agree 100%
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:They have tape on him now and all of a sudden our receivers can't catch AIDS with a dirty needle??

So, you're saying our receivers' drops the last two games are because other teams have tape on RGIII now?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:They have tape on him now and all of a sudden our receivers can't catch AIDS with a dirty needle??

So, you're saying our receivers' drops the last two games are because other teams have tape on RGIII now?

No what I am saying is they have tape and pretty much can tell what his reads are and where he will throw the ball, then our Receivers are scared to take a hit and don't catch. And the Garcon being injured isn't a big deal either hell how many drops did he average in Indy?? Last game for me is we have our own Steve Smith and Santana Moss and we throw to him one time, and he doesn't catch it. But yet we target cement hands Hankerson?? LMAO these calls are bush league. Sorry I would trust Santana deep over Stankerson any day....................And why do we option to Briscoe?? REALLY??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.

If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.

When did the Colts start playing in the NFC East again? :roll:

The NFC East has become a joke. Right up there with the AFC West as the worst division in the NFL. You have the Giants and....3 sorry teams with losing records. It's time to stop pretending that the NFC East is a top division.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:The Colts were a good team? They gutted their roster this offseason. They released or lost 15 players, including Manning (obviously), Addai, Gary Brackett, Dallas Clarck, Garçon, Melvin Bullitt, Anthony Gonzalez, and Jeff Saturday. Here is their final 53 man roster from the offseason...

[url]rapidreports/20009421/indianapolis-colts-final-53man-roster[/url]

That roster has less overall talent than ours does and they have suffered some big injuries on defense like we have. Yet in year one, with their coach away from the team, and in the first year of a switch to a 3-4 (which in Redskins land takes at least 3 years to implement apparently) they are farther along in their rebuild than we are. You can make all the excuses that you want (practice bubble, really?), but we should be seeing more tangible results in year 3 than we are currently seeing.

You identified one team that turned around in less then 2.5 years, therefore we should fire Shannahan. Wow, you convinced me.

I didn't say we should fire Shanahan. In fact if you READ, I said earlier in this thread I think Shanahan should get one more season. This isn't surprising for you, however, since you like to put words in other people's mouths and make things up to fit your agenda.

What I am saying is that the progress to date has been insufficient and some of the claims by the coaching staff (ie Haslett's claim that you need 3 seasons to make the switch to the 3-4) is nonsense and excuse making for poor performance.
Suck and Luck

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:49 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
Contrary to the belief of armchair fans like Ray, 2 1/2 year is not long enough to overhaul a roster and build a winning organization when we were as bad as we were. I expect to see progress this year, and I did. I expect to see more progress next year. If at the end of year four we're still 6-10 or so, then yeah, you're getting my attention. But advocating starting over now is just crazy.

If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround? Do you really think that they have more talent than the Redskins? A 2-14 team is now 5-3, and they are in year 1 of a switch to a 3-4 and playing better than our D in year 3. And all of this with their head coach away from the team fighting cancer.

When did the Colts start playing in the NFC East again? :roll:

The NFC East has become a joke. Right up there with the AFC West as the worst division in the NFL. You have the Giants and....3 sorry teams with losing records. It's time to stop pretending that the NFC East is a top division.

I don't agree, but we are playing the AFC North, NFC south, and two other NFC teams that are showing resurgences this year. The Colts are playing the AFC East, NFC North and the other AFC South teams, as well as the Browns and Chiefs. Yes they've won a couple of close games against fair teams (they did beat the Packers), but they have a much easier schedule than we do.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:The NFC East has become a joke. Right up there with the AFC West as the worst division in the NFL. You have the Giants and....3 sorry teams with losing records. It's time to stop pretending that the NFC East is a top division.

Imagine dat bro. smh.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:I didn't say we should fire Shanahan. In fact if you READ, I said earlier in this thread I think Shanahan should get one more season.

And in the quote before this, you argued 2.5 years was enough. Talking out of both sides of your mouth doesn't mean you get to pick the convenient one for the moment.

CanesSkins26 wrote:This isn't surprising for you, however, since you like to put words in other people's mouths and make things up to fit your agenda.

Laughing my butt off. My "agenda" is supporting the team I support on their message board. Wow, guilty. You nailed me. What now, Homey?

A tip, you want to rip the Skins, fine. But you do it on ... The Hogs ... a reference to the Wasthington Redskins, you might get people who don't agree with you.

You're a fair weather fan anyway, whatever.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:You're a fair weather fan anyway, whatever.

Proof????

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Proof????

It's a message board. Proof? I don't need no stinking proof.

Every time there's Skins bashing going on, Canes is in the thick of it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Proof????

Since when does Kazoo offer proof for anything that he says?
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Proof????

Since when does Kazoo offer proof for anything that he says?

I answered the question. You might also think about the side you're arguing and read the title of the thread you're arguing it in.

Oh, and you want any cheese with your whine? Kazoo's a meanie pants, waahhh...

It's easy to bash the team when we lost three in a row. Too easy. Pointlessly easy. But you want to do that then whine about me? How dare I defend the Redskins on ... The Hogs ...

I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.

This is football, I advocate my team. And defend them against people who hate on them.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm

It's easy to bash the team when we lost three in a row. Too easy. Pointlessly easy. But you want to do that then whine about me? How dare I defend the Redskins on ... The Hogs ...

This is football, I advocate my team. And defend them against people who hate on them.

If I don't like the direction the team is headed I'm going to speak my mind. When I think the coaches are making excuses to justify their underperformance I'm going to call them on it. Especially when there are teams accomplishing things that the coaches say can't be done. You can defend Shanahan all you want, but at the end of the day a team is only as good as its record, and right now we are 3-6 in year 3 of a rebuild, which is pathetic.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't care if I'm wrong. I advocate in politics freedom from government. I am not on a side, I advocate whoever supports that.

Thanks for the laugh I needed that.
Suck and Luck

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football