Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Damn dude spot on assessment but evidently we can't put that on this board without rose colored glass wearing Shanahan followers shouting one more year

I guess you missed the post where Canes said that right now he thinks Shanahan should get one more year?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Children, Children ... PLEASE

Can we go back to the topic of the thread and stop the chest thumping as to who is the best and most righteous fan and who is a fair weather fan?

Let's stick to the topic. I do not see or want a change in the coaching staff before the end of the season.

Jim will be judged for the WHOLE season and not only part of it. Bruce Allen is staying.

Those of you who need to just VENT can go to the SMACK forum and settle it among yourselves. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Deadskins thinks word association is an argument.

Can you point to an example of this?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Damn dude spot on assessment but evidently we can't put that on this board without rose colored glass wearing Shanahan followers shouting one more year

I guess you missed the post where Canes said that right now he thinks Shanahan should get one more year?

I guess you missed the post where Canes said 2.5 years is enough?

CanesSkins26 wrote:If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

I also like Canes invite you to read the side he's arguing and the ... title .. of the thread he's arguing it ...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 am

While I do not agree with the replace Shanny now thought.....I am certainly thinking more along the lines that our coaching staff is a big part of this problem.

We were not competitive against a good (but beatable) Steeler team, and then we laid an egg at home against the Panthers. Our defense has been pathetic all year....and while the salary cap certainly impacted our FA selections, our coaching staff STILL brought in the players we now see on the field.

There is a difference between being 3-6, but the feeling that the team is truely competitive week in and week out....and 3-6 where the trend is down vice up.

I am onboard with a coaching shakeup at the end of the season, beginning with the D Coord....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

CanesSkins26 wrote:If 2.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

I also like Canes invite you to read the side he's arguing and the ... title .. of the thread he's arguing it ...

I think you're missing what side CS26 is arguing.... Not sure how that's possible considering he has has the same opinion for about 2.5 years

First of all Canes is far from a fair-weather fan, but once he has a opinion he will NOT change it regardless what the FACTS show. That's cool when it's a opinion and he rarely post his opinion as fact...

His opinion is that Shanny as a coach should get another year, as he has pointed out a few times in this thread. He also said 2.5 years was long enough... AND he was giving his opinion of Shanny as a TALENT EVALUATOR... he only said 2.5 years because MS has only had the job that long. If we could go back a year or two his post would have read:

CanesSkins26 wrote:If 1.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

or

CanesSkins26 wrote:If .5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

He just don't like Poppa Shanny (or his history of) wearing the HC and GM hats, it's mostly that GM hat that he wants to turn in, that's what he meant about 2.5 years being enough. He gave you the Colts (no coach, but they had someone other than the coach build the team) as proof that it doesn't take 2.5 five years to turn around a team, he even included the fact that the GM gutted the team and installed the same defensive scheme that Shanny the GM/HC installed but somehow that became nis "Tom Brady argument" (although YOU are the one that memtioned Brady...)

I'm not sure why or how Brady fits but Canes then pointed to the Lions less than 2.5 turn around after Matt Millen (the GM) was canned... You called that the "Kurt Warner argument (another guy only YOU have mentioned).

You want I-B to go back and read what CS26 is arguing? It's the same argument that he has had since Shanny was hired.

Can you explain WTF Brady had to do with the Colts one year turn around after they brought in a new HC and a new GM who weren't the same person (which was CS26's argument) and while you're at it WTF did Warner ever do in Detroit after they lost to ever team they played for two years except when the played the Redskins (there ya go DS :wink: ).

Now on to what the title of this thread is about...

I'm starting to see Canes' POV more and more... Let someone other than ANYBODY in the current front office evaluate and sign the players, so Shanny can focus on coaching (of course Mike will have input but not the final word), also might not be a bad idea for him to take over the offensive play calling (weather it's just in certain instances or full time). I don't really have a problem with Klye remaining the OC and it would give Kyle more time with RGIII which would make Grossman a former Redskins roster holder :D

OH YEAH...

Haslett has to go... should have been gone 2.5 years ago
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 am

This just in - EVERYTHING that is posted is basically that poster's OPINION

this is a Redskins' fan site and there are obviously different OPINIONS about how to resolve the issues

I like the fact (that's my OPINION, of course) that this franchise finally has a FO and they are working to try and undo the mess created by Snyder

AFTER this season there will be some changes made - many players and a few of the coaches will not be here next season - those decisions will be made AFTER this season .... NOT before

not sure if Mike is still here next year but hopefully he is able to be a part of the success that results from the trade that brought us RG3

personally I hope that Jim and Kyle are gone and I'm not a big Mike as HC fan :lol:

but ... that's just my OPINION
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 am

1niksder wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I think you're missing what side CS26 is arguing.... Not sure how that's possible considering he has has the same opinion for about 2.5 years

First of all Canes is far from a fair-weather fan, but once he has a opinion he will NOT change it regardless what the FACTS show. That's cool when it's a opinion and he rarely post his opinion as fact...

His opinion is that Shanny as a coach should get another year, as he has pointed out a few times in this thread. He also said 2.5 years was long enough... AND he was giving his opinion of Shanny as a TALENT EVALUATOR... he only said 2.5 years because MS has only had the job that long. If we could go back a year or two his post would have read:

CanesSkins26 wrote:If 1.5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

or

CanesSkins26 wrote:If .5 years isnt enough, how do you explain the Colts' turnaround?

He just don't like Poppa Shanny (or his history of) wearing the HC and GM hats, it's mostly that GM hat that he wants to turn in, that's what he meant about 2.5 years being enough. He gave you the Colts (no coach, but they had someone other than the coach build the team) as proof that it doesn't take 2.5 five years to turn around a team, he even included the fact that the GM gutted the team and installed the same defensive scheme that Shanny the GM/HC installed but somehow that became nis "Tom Brady argument" (although YOU are the one that memtioned Brady...)

I'm not sure why or how Brady fits but Canes then pointed to the Lions less than 2.5 turn around after Matt Millen (the GM) was canned... You called that the "Kurt Warner argument (another guy only YOU have mentioned).

You want I-B to go back and read what CS26 is arguing? It's the same argument that he has had since Shanny was hired.

Can you explain WTF Brady had to do with the Colts one year turn around after they brought in a new HC and a new GM who weren't the same person (which was CS26's argument) and while you're at it WTF did Warner ever do in Detroit after they lost to ever team they played for two years except when the played the Redskins (there ya go DS :wink: ).

Now on to what the title of this thread is about...

I'm starting to see Canes' POV more and more... Let someone other than ANYBODY in the current front office evaluate and sign the players, so Shanny can focus on coaching (of course Mike will have input but not the final word), also might not be a bad idea for him to take over the offensive play calling (weather it's just in certain instances or full time). I don't really have a problem with Klye remaining the OC and it would give Kyle more time with RGIII which would make Grossman a former Redskins roster holder :D

OH YEAH...

Haslett has to go... should have been gone 2.5 years ago

Wow thank you another spot on post. I will also say that if Bruce can get the power Shanny has and Shanny sticks at being the HC cool keep him but evidently he can't do both jobs well. I think he also needs to go back to calling plays and not allowing his son too, at least in the red zone. So to me a few changes and I would be accepting of him staying and most importantly Jim Hasbeen HAS TO GO NOW!! SERIOUSLY....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 am

WHY do we HAVE TO get rid of the DC now?

WHY can this decision not wait until after the season is over?

Should we also get rid of ALL the other coaches AND players that are not doing their jobs?

:shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 am

SkinsJock wrote: :shock: what is wrong with some of you guys?

dramatic. emotional. irrational.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:39 am

spot on CLL - and it goes for me too - I'm a little pissed at how things are going - but geez :lol:

anyhow - we DO need to make some changes but these changes are best made at the end of the season, after the whole body of work is evident

we have a lot to look forward to here and despite what some guys are VERY determined not to see - there have been some good things from having Bruce and Mike in charge here - hopefully they can continue their work and surround RG3 with the players and coaches we need

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 am

1niksder wrote:in Detroit after they lost to ever team they played for two years except when the played the Redskins (there ya go DS :wink: ).

My question was to counter his argument that those Lions were a more messed up team than the Skins. :idea:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 am

This is a real dilemma...do we keep the current staff and hope things are gonna improve (which I don't think they will), or should Shanny be fired and we start anew? The problem with this move is I don't see a large pool of proven, Superbowl winning ex-coaches standing in line to take this job...if Shanny goes, who's next?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 am

grampi wrote:This is a real dilemma...do we keep the current staff and hope things are gonna improve (which I don't think they will), or should Shanny be fired and we start anew? The problem with this move is I don't see a large pool of proven, Superbowl winning ex-coaches standing in line to take this job...if Shanny goes, who's next?

Chucky
Malcolm in the Middle
The Crimson Chin
All three SB winning coaches, who will be FAs after the season.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 am

This comparison to the Colts is completely off base. The Colts were a playoff team two years ago. They lost their franchise QB and fell apart for a year because they didn't have a good backup option in place. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're doing well with Luck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football