Time to Get Back on Track: Eagles Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:D-U-M dumb.

This post? Yes I agree.

Easy tiger, the quote is from a movie. I wanted to see a FG attempt and a potential 21 pt lead. What's wrong with that?

Being aggressive in that situation is, statistically, the better decision. I liked it as a call even though it didn't work out for us.

In fact I've really liked the Shanahan's tolerance for risk on 4th downs this year. One area where we are on the cutting edge, IMO.

I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call. Subsequent events have made this a moot point, thankfully. I was hoping for an edifying response from the first person to respond to my post, I can only presume that it must be hard to post with one's foot in one's mouth.

We have 30+ points. Thus making your crying pointless.

Crying? My face is quite dry, sir. Please don't persist in thinking that your opinion of my posts on a message board makes any impact on either my thoughts or my future actions.

:lol: :lol: if your going to be consistently negative. Don't cry when it's pointed out.

There's that word again. Here's the thing: you post what you want, I post what I want, and as long as we both stay within the rules, no problem. My only objection (and I won't bother to raise it again), is your unnecessary use of a bait-word as a well-worn and shoddy attempt to get around the "attack the post, not the poster" dictum upon which the site is governed.

:nana:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

Easy tiger, the quote is from a movie. I wanted to see a FG attempt and a potential 21 pt lead. What's wrong with that?

Being aggressive in that situation is, statistically, the better decision. I liked it as a call even though it didn't work out for us.

In fact I've really liked the Shanahan's tolerance for risk on 4th downs this year. One area where we are on the cutting edge, IMO.

I'm usually a proponent for going for it on 4th and short, but with a chance to create a 21 point lead on a team that hasn't yet scored a TD, you gotta think that a FG (well within Forbath's comfort zone) is the right call. Subsequent events have made this a moot point, thankfully. I was hoping for an edifying response from the first person to respond to my post, I can only presume that it must be hard to post with one's foot in one's mouth.

Crying? My face is quite dry, sir. Please don't persist in thinking that your opinion of my posts on a message board makes any impact on either my thoughts or my future actions.

:lol: :lol: if your going to be consistently negative. Don't cry when it's pointed out.

There's that word again. Here's the thing: you post what you want, I post what I want, and as long as we both stay within the rules, no problem. My only objection (and I won't bother to raise it again), is your unnecessary use of a bait-word as a well-worn and shoddy attempt to get around the "attack the post, not the poster" dictum upon which the site is governed.

LMAO

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

This post? Yes I agree.

Now you've gone and done it. My eyes are finally leaking and I want my bottle, my momma, and my blankie :)
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Just joined the board today, maybe I am a lucky charm. HA HA NOT!

Anyway, look forward to more victories and our young team getting better week after week. Also look forward to the Redskins discussions in the future.

Hail!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

capitaldefense wrote:Just joined the board today, maybe I am a lucky charm. HA HA NOT!

Anyway, look forward to more victories and our young team getting better week after week. Also look forward to the Redskins discussions in the future.

Hail!

You have to do everything EXACTLY as you did them today on each and every game day, or the 'Skins shall lose. :)

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Well it's definitely been fun watching us this week on the stream and the highlights on redzone haven't caused a feeling of anguish for a change!

(Redzone here is a good way ahead of the stream for the most part)

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:07 pm

What's the combined # of false start and offsides penalties today? 5?

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Victory formation on 1
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Only 257 total yards for Philthy, that is impressive no matter who the opposing QB is. Get well soon, Mr. Meriweather.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Cleveland on top of Dallas 20-13 with a minute to go.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Definitely looking forward to this week's "loser papers"
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Did I. . . Did I hear a "We want Dallas!" chant?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:We take this one. I don't think it will be particularly close, either.

HTTR

:!:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:We take this one. I don't think it will be particularly close, either.

HTTR

:!:

Nostradamus?

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:21 pm

44diesel wrote:Definitely looking forward to this week's "loser papers"

Oh yes indeed :)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football