Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:53 pm

THIS GAME is the winner take all game

Haslett just needs to find a way to LIMIT a Brandon Wheeden led offense :lol:

Mike and Kyle will figure out the rest ... :D
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:If we had RGIII the whole second half, we would have beat them IMHO.

No doubt. But Atlanta is a better team than people think. They will handle the G-strings this weekend.

I would love Atlanta to win but ...
we're going to have to win out and hope the ravens really need that game next week

The Falcons are trying for home field throughout the playoffs. This is an important game for them too.

This just in ...

:shock: the giants RB group could be David Wilson, Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torrain

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... ained-knee

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 pm

If we win the next two and DAL and NYG both lose:
WAS: 7-6->9-6, 4-1
NYG: 8-5->8-7, 2-3
DAL: 7-6->7-8
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Quackjack wrote:Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.

You might be right on that. The Seahawks' last three games are tougher than I thought. They should beat the Bills, but that is an away game and probably cold weather. Then they have the 49ers and Rams.

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:52 pm

riggofan wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.

You might be right on that. The Seahawks' last three games are tougher than I thought. They should beat the Bills, but that is an away game and probably cold weather. Then they have the 49ers and Rams.

They'll drop 2/3. Book it.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:13 pm

riggofan wrote:

I'll be back to you on this - TRUST ME

if the Chawks don't win all 3 they win 2 at worst

:twisted: we'll see - I'm not saying they win the NFC west but it would not surprise me

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Side Note: I hope that the coaching staff understands how good Santana Moss is and how we need him this year and until his wheels fall off (or just before that). He's an important leader in this WR group and is very productive in the slot.

I hope he reminds Shanahan of guys like Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery who were important veterans among a young WR corps.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:48 am

The Hogster wrote:Side Note: I hope that the coaching staff understands how good Santana Moss is and how we need him this year and until his wheels fall off (or just before that). He's an important leader in this WR group and is very productive in the slot.

I hope he reminds Shanahan of guys like Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery who were important veterans among a young WR corps.

I don't really see us paying much attention to WR in the offseason. I think they'll watch Garcon heal, have seen enough from Josh when targeted late this season to be fine with developing him in the offense, will watch Fred come back from injury[and sign him on the cheap after suspension + season lost to injury], probably think they've seen enough from Hanktime to let him develop a bit more, look at the big play ability from Robinson, and factor in Bob's development from year one to two. . . I think 'Tana is in a much safer position going into next year than he was coming into this, for sure. Never mind his actual production this year.

Oh and I think Banks is probably gone. I don't have nearly as strong a feeling one way or the other on him as others do, but if he ain't returning kicks, pierre is healthy[meaning he can get back in the pistol or triple option spot banks occupied when run], they stop running as much of those two formations, and he isn't punt returning, what is his use?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:08 am

With us strapped for cash and no 1st rounders, I'd expect us to sit tight at WR. It typically takes a few years for younger WR's to develop. I think Hank deserves another year to mature. Hopefully Josh Morgan can continue to be healthy and improve. It's a no brainer to bring Moss back.

Where we may upgrade the passing game is at the TE position. Do we resign Fred? Can we find Griffin a 6 foot, 6 inches tall TE that can jump out the gym?

If we dont change a thing, the biggest upgrade we can give the wide receivers corps is improve offensive line blocking.

To get back on topic, I'm proud of this team regardless of the outcome. I believe that both the Bears and Giants will lose this week. It's going to get very interesting. We have to win and keep RGIII healthy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 am

With us strapped for cash and no 1st rounders, I'd expect us to sit tight at WR. It typically takes a few years for younger WR's to develop. I think Hank deserves another year to mature. Hopefully Josh Morgan can continue to be healthy and improve. It's a no brainer to bring Moss back.

Where we may upgrade the passing game is at the TE position. Do we resign Fred? Can we find Griffin a 6 foot, 6 inches tall TE that can jump out the gym?

If we dont change a thing, the biggest upgrade we can give the wide receivers corps is improve offensive line blocking.

To get back on topic, I'm proud of this team regardless of the outcome. I believe that both the Bears and Giants will lose this week. It's going to get very interesting. We have to win and keep RGIII healthy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby redskingush » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:32 am

Im heading to Cleveland this week see this game. We can beat Cleveland, with or without RGIII
GO SKINS GO!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 am

riggofan wrote:

The game this week is in Toronto ... NOT at the Bill's place

they could lose to both the Bills and 49ers but I think that they go 3-0

that's a tough defense to face at home

I also agree that all this team needs to do this week is not make silly mistakes with bad penalties and end up with a healthy RG3

competing for a playoff spot like this is VERY different :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 am

I would also like to echo the sentiments ... this team has shown a lot of fortitude the past 4 games and no matter what happens in the next 3 games ...

WE ARE playing meaningful games in December again

GOTTA LOVE IT

HTTR

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 am

How GREAT would it be for this franchise to win the NFC East - AMAZING

AND

It would be such a great letdown for the low life scum, NY giants AND their fans, to miss out on the playoffs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football