Playoffs...Playoffs??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5032
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.


You might be right on that. The Seahawks' last three games are tougher than I thought. They should beat the Bills, but that is an away game and probably cold weather. Then they have the 49ers and Rams.


The game this week is in Toronto ... NOT at the Bill's place


Yeah I saw that. But its still an away game in a cold place and a looong flight for Seattle. I think they'll beat the Bills, but those things could factor in. You could be right about them going 3-0, wouldn't surprise me. The 49ers and Rams won't be easy wins.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5032
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

The Hogster wrote:Side Note: I hope that the coaching staff understands how good Santana Moss is and how we need him this year and until his wheels fall off (or just before that). He's an important leader in this WR group and is very productive in the slot.

I hope he reminds Shanahan of guys like Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery who were important veterans among a young WR corps.


Good post. He's come up big for us this year.

Hog
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, for the first time in 5 years we're guaranteed to not finish last in the East :D

the 'mudge
Posts: 14799
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.


You might be right on that. The Seahawks' last three games are tougher than I thought. They should beat the Bills, but that is an away game and probably cold weather. Then they have the 49ers and Rams.


The game this week is in Toronto ... NOT at the Bill's place


Yeah I saw that. But its still an away game in a cold place and a looong flight for Seattle. I think they'll beat the Bills, but those things could factor in. You could be right about them going 3-0, wouldn't surprise me. The 49ers and Rams won't be easy wins.

The Bills are due...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Can't see you guys missing the playoffs, I seriously doubt the Seahawks.


You might be right on that. The Seahawks' last three games are tougher than I thought. They should beat the Bills, but that is an away game and probably cold weather. Then they have the 49ers and Rams.


The game this week is in Toronto ... NOT at the Bill's place


Yeah I saw that. But its still an away game in a cold place and a looong flight for Seattle. I think they'll beat the Bills, but those things could factor in. You could be right about them going 3-0, wouldn't surprise me. The 49ers and Rams won't be easy wins.

The Bills are due...


One thing's for sure - the Shehawks won't be getting 10 false starts and 8 sacks due to crowd noise.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

Postby Quackjack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:09 am

Seahawks will lose 2. Mark it down.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Hog
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 am

Here's the order of importance for what we want (most important on top; doesn't include us winning):

NYG (8-5) @ ATL
PIT @ DAL (7-6)
GB @ CHI (8-5)
SEA (8-5) @ BUF
MIN (7-6) @ STL (6-6-1)
TB (6-7) @ NO

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:58 am

all I really WANT is for the Redskins to win this game

my picks are:

Falcons
Steelers
Bills
Packers
Rams
Saints
Ravens
49ers
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

Postby Quackjack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 am

Damn right y'all want the Steelers to win!
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3393
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 am

Quackjack wrote:Seahawks will lose 2. Mark it down.


Duly marked. Let's synchronize watches. I've got 11:36.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14799
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Quackjack wrote:Damn right y'all want the Steelers to win!
Just don't expect us to make a habit of it... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

Postby Quackjack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Quackjack wrote:Damn right y'all want the Steelers to win!
Just don't expect us to make a habit of it... :wink:


Well we owe you guys for the hurting you guys put on the Ravens.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 pm

How great would it be for us to be at the top of the NFC East tomorrow night?

:D
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 pm

SkinsJock wrote:How great would it be for us to be at the top of the NFC East tomorrow night?

:D
Why wait until then? How about 4:30? 8)

Hog
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Well, now it's simple. Win out, we win the division. Also, if DAL loses this week and next, and NYG loses next week, we clinch the NFCE in week 16 :D
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football