Cowpies LOOOOOOOZE post-game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'm seeing a pattern... OLD fans... (probably defined as those who loved Diron Talbert) who lived the rivalry... say TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE!

Younger fans don't get our confusion... think they understand... but really, they don't quite. We need a new Diron Talbert. Then, you'd get it.
Hating Dallas is not just a saying... it's a life long commitment...

“Tom Landry, hahahaha. Tex Schram, hahhaha. Roger Staubach, hahahha.“
-George Allen to a television camera, after beating Dallas in Texas Stadium in 1976.

The hate is barely breathing these days... very sad, really. LOL

Wrong. I hate Dallas as much as anyone on here, there's no.room for more hatred!
I'm down for a score or the smart play. Either way I think Hall rubbed their faces in it... And the victory formation at the goal.line? When has any generation seen that?
To bring up a useless point why not put in Royster and pound in the TD on a fake kneel down?? I saw I think the rams try to get a fumble on D vs the victory formation, why not switch it up and pound it in on a fake?!
Does the clock run on a two point conversion??
Score... Hike off the play then book it to the star! Qb slide to down the play with time expired then spike it. Screw fines that's my perfect ending..
Second best, is victory formation on their goal line. Suck it aJerrah!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I'm down for a score or the smart play.

See my previous post. There was no "smart play" option. Both the TD and sliding had the same impact on our chances of winning. The only thing Hall's slide did was end the game a play or two early. But it wasn't "smarter" than getting the TD.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

See my previous post. There was no "smart play" option. Both the TD and sliding had the same impact on our chances of winning. The only thing Hall's slide did was end the game a play or two early. But it wasn't "smarter" than getting the TD.

Theoretically, they could score on the ensuing kickoff return, kick on-sides again getting the ball, and then score on a hail Mairy. Or we could have fumbled the victory formation snap.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 pm

given that we really need to win that game - winning was ALL that was important to me

I'd rather win by 1 than 14

right now I could care less about that ..

ALL that is important is to beat the giants next Monday

I could care less about Diron Talbert or any of the old guard - they're just part of the fabric - I was in DC (at the Childe Harolde) when Clint Longley came in - I think I've seen 3 of the previous 6 losses on turkey day - ALL that is past tense - I only want to beat the giants

We are getting better and we are beginning a new era ...

the pukes are a disaster and almost as bad as the eagles ...

beating the giants is THE most important game right now ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

So ending a game quicker that you're winning isn't "smarter"??? Riiiiiight.

Seriously, the most amazing nit pickers I have ever seen.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Theoretically, they could score on the ensuing kickoff return, kick on-sides again getting the ball, and then score on a hail Mairy. Or we could have fumbled the victory formation snap.

They couldn't. Or, their chances of doing that aren't any better than us fumbling on the victory formation with them returning it for seven. See my previous post for the fuller analysis.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

So ending a game quicker that you're winning isn't "smarter"??? Riiiiiight.

Why is everyone pounding on this point so hard? Do they have something riding on the idea that what Hall did was "smart" football? And yet no one responds to the fact no team could have overcome 14 points in ten seconds.

I don't get it.

Seriously, the most amazing nit pickers I have ever seen.

I find this whole portion of the thread ridiculous. It makes me sad that I had to break it down by seconds to prove the point, but there it is. :lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

just AMAZING - maybe 2 games ago things were all about how hopeless the outlook was for this franchise ...

now we get a bunch of guys trying to make a big deal about the best way to beat the pukes

talk about dumb and dumber - this is just a meaningless, idiotic discussion IMHO

:twisted:

have at it ....
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Why is everyone pounding on this point so hard? Do they have something riding on the idea that what Hall did was "smart" football? And yet no one responds to the fact no team could have overcome 14 points in ten seconds.

I don't get it.

I don't get it either, Irn Bru. The opposite view that is.

The guy made a selfless play, and there are fans out there who want to get all Mr. Wizard on us and say, "Well technically it wasn't a 'smart' play blah blah blah." Give me a freaking break.

I think its unquestionable that Hall THOUGHT he was doing the best thing for the TEAM instead of for HIMSELF. You don't have to give him credit for it if you don't want. I just don't really need further explanation of the minutae of why it wasn't technically the statistically best thing to do. If it wasn't it was CLOSE ENOUGH.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:21 pm

riggofan wrote:I don't get it either, Irn Bru. The opposite view that is.

The guy made a selfless play, and there are fans out there who want to get all Mr. Wizard on us and say, "Well technically it wasn't a 'smart' play blah blah blah." Give me a freaking break.

](*,)

I never said it "technically" wasn't the better play; there is no "technically" about it. It wasn't any better than scoring. Period.

I'm not saying Hall did something wrong sliding. It was fine; it was a good play. It won us the game!

But there is no reason to say it was strategically superior to scoring. None. (And IMHO scoring would have been better, but only because I'd like to see us run up the score on Dallas when we can.)

No one has to say it was the "smart" or "selfless" thing to do in order to say it was a good play on Hall's part.

Anyway, I give up. You haven't yet responded to my argument, so I shouldn't be holding my breath that it will magically happen now.
Last edited by Irn-Bru on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:14 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Does the clock run on a two point conversion??

No.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 am

Here's a great article from the Washington Post about the reaction to RGIII on his return to Texas.

This, however, really stuck out from the article:
He brushed off attempts at small talk in the interest of signing as many ticket stubs, jerseys and programs as possible — “Robert Griffin III #10,” he wrote — until he came to a Dallas fan wearing a blue-on-white Cowboys replica No. 82 jersey of tight end Jason Witten. The fan, 22-year-old Connor Farquharson of Fort Worth, was pointing to his chest. Griffin suddenly looked up.

“You want me to sign it right here?” he asked incredulously.

Farquharson nodded, and Griffin smiled as he ran his Sharpie across the young man’s jersey — directly above his Cowboys-loving heart — with a flourish, each pillar in “III” growing longer than the last until the signature took up the entire top half of the jersey.

“I love the Cowboys,” Farquharson explained a few moments later, “but I don’t know — this guy is from here, and I’ve never seen anybody throw the deep ball like him. He’s just different. It’s impossible for me to hate him.”

RGIII chants and a signature request on a Witten jersey in their house? Hahahaha! Jerrah should be ashamed!
"Givin'em the Business!"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 am

44diesel wrote:Here's a great article from the Washington Post about the reaction to RGIII on his return to Texas.

This, however, really stuck out from the article:
He brushed off attempts at small talk in the interest of signing as many ticket stubs, jerseys and programs as possible — “Robert Griffin III #10,” he wrote — until he came to a Dallas fan wearing a blue-on-white Cowboys replica No. 82 jersey of tight end Jason Witten. The fan, 22-year-old Connor Farquharson of Fort Worth, was pointing to his chest. Griffin suddenly looked up.

“You want me to sign it right here?” he asked incredulously.

Farquharson nodded, and Griffin smiled as he ran his Sharpie across the young man’s jersey — directly above his Cowboys-loving heart — with a flourish, each pillar in “III” growing longer than the last until the signature took up the entire top half of the jersey.

“I love the Cowboys,” Farquharson explained a few moments later, “but I don’t know — this guy is from here, and I’ve never seen anybody throw the deep ball like him. He’s just different. It’s impossible for me to hate him.”

RGIII chants and a signature request on a Witten jersey in their house? Hahahaha! Jerrah should be ashamed!

:shock:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm

I can't imagine there ever being a Cowpie player I'd like enough to ask for his autograph. Much less on a Redskins jersey
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:I can't imagine there ever being a Cowpie player I'd like enough to ask for his autograph. Much less on a Redskins jersey

I know! That story is just . . . Damn. I'd say I'm embarassed for them, but to be so assumes that Cowboys fans had some scrap of dignity left to lose . . . :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football