Robert's Extreme Confidence

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Brian Burke in the WP claims that the Skins are guaranteed a spot if they win out. He also claims we now have about a 29% chance of making it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... d-to-know/

Playoff Chances
Much of the talk around town centers on the Redskins’ chances of making the playoffs. Everything seemed to go Washington’s way last week. Not only did the Redskins beat the Cowboys, but the rest of their competitors lost—Detroit, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Seattle, Green Bay and Minnesota. It’s hard to imagine a better combination of outcomes. Overall, the Redskins went from about a 5% chance of making the playoffs following their loss to the Panthers three weeks ago to 29% today. They’ll likely need to go 9-7 to get in, although some plausible scenarios could qualify them at 8-8. Winning out would guarantee a berth.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Brian Burke in the WP claims that the Skins are guaranteed a spot if they win out. He also claims we now have about a 29% chance of making it.

Man, its just tough to look back at this season and then think about "if they win out". We've only won two in a row once this season!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 pm

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Brian Burke in the WP claims that the Skins are guaranteed a spot if they win out. He also claims we now have about a 29% chance of making it.

Man, its just tough to look back at this season and then think about "if they win out". We've only won two in a row once this season!

I would be absolutely thrilled with 9-7 and very impressed with 8-8. I'm already on the verge of calling this a successful season.

Playoffs is still something I'm not permitting myself to think about. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I would be absolutely thrilled with 9-7 and very impressed with 8-8. I'm already on the verge of calling this a successful season.

I'm right there with you, man. December is going to be fun (for a change)!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

riggofan wrote:I would be absolutely thrilled with 9-7 and very impressed with 8-8. I'm already on the verge of calling this a successful season.

=D>

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes, but people...as I say when we lose a couple straight and I'm in here calming nerves, don't get too amped about this happening. This is a very good team that we face this weekend, and we still face some very good teams down the stretch.

So just a warning...do not set your expectations too high or you may be disappointed. 2 more wins on the season and I would say it's a successful season. Playoffs are very remote
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

I came in thinking we'd be 7-9 and that getting there would be messy, so this season has pretty well lived up to that. If we do better, I'll be darn happy. If we manage to make the playoffs I will be over the moon.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Too late... you just did. :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 pm

We started this season off with people NOT expecting us to have a chance at beating the Saints ... IN New Orleans - NO WAY

:lol:

we lost to the Panthers and there was a bunch of naysayers ... :lol:

we beat the pukes on Thanksgiving .... IN Dallas, where we had not won forever ... NO WAY

:lol:

we beat the giants twice last year ... BOTH games were "MUST WIN" games ...

and

those giants won the Super Bowl ...

this game is at home and we 'owe' this franchise and their stupid, low life owner ...

PLUS

I think RG3 REALLY wants this game ....

I am expecting to see a very good effort from our guys against a giants group that thinks they can beat us .... :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

########

Postby Scottskins » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 pm

I expect Griffin to win 4 outta the next 5 to win the division. What kind of story would it be for griffin the rookie to win the superbowl, even if it takes 50 points a game to do it...I feel like griffin is unstoppable!!! =) probably being far too optimistic, but it sure feels good to have this kind of confidence in my team again...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

########

Postby Scottskins » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 pm

dammit, 20 years of disappointment has me hating the fact that I feel so confident in robert. i can't even enjoy my optimism lol
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football