Garcon: "Kirk is the starter"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Redskinsfansince81 wrote:What have the coaches said?
I hope this will be a game time decision so the Browns don't know who to prepare for.

This is exactly what the coaches have done. He is a game time decision, and is not listed as "out" for next Sunday's game vs. the Browns. This is why we have a thread guessing about other players' statements, etc.

What is important to remember is that it is only a ligament sprain, and his surgically repaired ACL in that same knee showed no damage. Basically, a big ass bruised knee. I would put money on it that RGIII will be playing next Sunday, though personally I'd rather save him up for the Eagles and Dallas to wrap up the season. Hard decisions for the coaching staff this week with playoffs now on the line.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm

The Hogster wrote:I think it's clear that Kirk will take all of the 1st team reps this week. Because the method of treatment for an LCL Sprain is PRICE

Protect
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

The P is for protect the injury. Not for practice. So, I think this comes down to how RGIII looks in a pre-game workout.

My plan would be to keep him active, and have him there even if Kirk is going to play.

Keep the Browns guessing.

+1. Convinces me. Although I've wanted to force Griffin to sit out the Browns game ever since I saw tape of the injury, and read that it was a sprain. The knee give Griffin the extra pop to make people miss. Let him rest.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:47 pm

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:
Redskinsfansince81 wrote:What have the coaches said?
I hope this will be a game time decision so the Browns don't know who to prepare for.

This is exactly what the coaches have done. He is a game time decision, and is not listed as "out" for next Sunday's game vs. the Browns. This is why we have a thread guessing about other players' statements, etc.

What is important to remember is that it is only a ligament sprain, and his surgically repaired ACL in that same knee showed no damage. Basically, a big ass bruised knee. I would put money on it that RGIII will be playing next Sunday, though personally I'd rather save him up for the Eagles and Dallas to wrap up the season. Hard decisions for the coaching staff this week with playoffs now on the line.

If we lose to cleveland ....season is over...if we can get into the tournament ...anything can happen....look at the giants and packers last two years.....you go with what brought you here....

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 pm

funsho2 wrote:If we lose to cleveland ....season is over...if we can get into the tournament ...anything can happen....look at the giants and packers last two years.....you go with what brought you here....

Heart attack? Anxiety? Drama?

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Relax, brother. We will win.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
funsho2 wrote:If we lose to cleveland ....season is over...if we can get into the tournament ...anything can happen....look at the giants and packers last two years.....you go with what brought you here....

Heart attack? Anxiety? Drama?

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Relax, brother. We will win.

I am just going by the motto if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

We can win this game with either QB - the only thing we need to do is have the defense play decent .. which we would need with either QB

Weeden does not really worry me much and that is who has to make things work offensively for them

Cleveland will be a tough matchup with either QB playing but the defense just needs to keep us in the game

Mike & Kyle will figure out how to score enough points
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, I think Garcon may have said more than he should have.....but certainly Cousins will get a huge chunk of the reps this week, and Grossman will probably be suited up as well. I just think that....unless a doctor recommends to sit RGIII.....he will be suited up and will give it a try on Sunday.

If we were to lose to Cleveland, it would not necessarily be the end of the world....all depends on what other teams did. But, we do want to win to keep some control of our destiny.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Deadskins wrote:Can a team really prepare for Cousins, though? It's not like there's tape on him.

Doubling down on this ... if we start Kirk the Clowns either prepare for the pistol but don't get any and, like you say, have minimal tape on the Captain while if they don't prepare for the pistol we might run it more than they think.

Height: 6’2″
Weight: 214

Hands: 9 7/8″ Arms: 31 3/4″

40: 4.84

Strengths: Decent size and athleticism for the position – Throws a pretty ball and has shown he possesses NFL-level velocity to make the deep out throws – Quick release, little wasted motion – Excellent accuracy from a clean pocket, hits his receivers in stride – Can drop the ball into a bucket down the field, great touch – Has experience playing from under center and in the shotgun – Sells play fakes well – Improved his pocket presence over the course of his career, taking less sacks – Fantastic leadership qualities, very polished off the field.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

The game is being replayed NOW on NFL NETWORK. Classic footage and camera angles we don't usually get.

Tune in.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

The Hogster wrote:The game is being replayed NOW on NFL NETWORK. Classic footage and camera angles we don't usually get.

Tune in.

That Morgan pass in the first (the one right before Morris scored) was a Touchdown. He didn't step out.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The game is being replayed NOW on NFL NETWORK. Classic footage and camera angles we don't usually get.

Tune in.

That Morgan pass in the first (the one right before Morris scored) was a Touchdown. He didn't step out.

Truth
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

-and he didn't get a pi call later.. liking Joshua more and more this season and am glad he's been a solid signing.

Everyone catch the story about his name and the announcers during the game? My wifey likes him more now lol go figure
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 pm

funsho2 wrote:If we lose to cleveland ....season is over.

I disagree. The G-strings will lose at least two of their final three.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

There seems to be some question by fans here about RG3's being physically able to play

I think it's been made VERY clear that RG3 has a mild sprain and is medically cleared to practice and play

the only issue is will Mike and Kyle let him play OR will RG3 indicate that he's not feeling like he's the best option at QB this week - HIGHLY unlikely

the medical staff have basically finished their job - this is a player & coach deal ONLY now

Mike can use the "day to day" thing all week long and he might as well
PLUS it gives them a great reason to get Kirk a little more time while resting superman
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I would not simply brush off Cousins. He CAN beat the Browns.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football