Garcon: "Kirk is the starter"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

^^ THIS - totally agree

we are playing better in all facets of the game - even the ST and D play has been better - maybe not stellar, but better

we can win this game with Kirk - he's shown he's got a good arm and he's not fazed - I like how he and RG3 have looked like they're in sync during the games
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am

Another smoke screen or an honest assessment of a quick healer. I predict the latter.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/11/rober ... &eref=sihp

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 am

Captain Kirk will win if he starts...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Countertrey wrote:I would not simply brush off Cousins. He CAN beat the Browns.

I also think Counsins is good. Based on what we have seen from him, he is REALLY good.

The question ultimately is whether he can sustain this type of consistency for 4 quarters. If he can, he is an NFL starter.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I would not simply brush off Cousins. He CAN beat the Browns.

I also think Counsins is good. Based on what we have seen from him, he is REALLY good.

The question ultimately is whether he can sustain this type of consistency for 4 quarters. If he can, he is an NFL starter.

I like Kirk and agree with you (for some other team), so don't take this the wrong way, but I don't look at him as a starter in the NFL. I look at him as a back up in the near term, and as a first round draft pick thereafter. He is nothing more than an insurance policy for Griffin this (and maybe next) year and an option for a #1 to be exercised at our discretion. I can't wait till he's flipped for a number 1 in a year when the safety we need is in the draft.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I still believe that the reason we took Kirk was mainly because the FO thought he was excellent value at that time and that he might be worth a higher pick in the near future - I like how he has handled his time here and his opportunities and how he seems to be trying to be a part of everything that is going on with our offense

Kirk Cousins may be a great #2 to RG3 but I think he's going to get us a good player in the draft or via a trade

I like Kirk Cousins and I think he's going to be a good NFL QB
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football