Vick will have something to prove?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5165
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I don't understand the comparisons - we are playing the eagles and they will be fired up to win their last game at home

this team will be playing with nothing to lose against a hated divisional rival


+1. Can't expect to go in and just walk all over the Eagles no matter how much they suck this year. I hope it happens, would love to completely whip up on them twice this season.

Hog
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:57 am

Postby El Mexican » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Man, this game makes me nervous.

Philly has been our personal house of horrors for the last decade.

Not counting those two great Joe Gibbs playoff runs, Philly has beaten us for the most part.

Heck, they've won 15 of the last 22 games and even in our best form, most inter divisional games have been splits.

With division rivals you never really know what's going to happen.

Would be a great time for some magic, though.

(Historical results, here:
http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=24&opp=32)

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11170
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 pm

El Mexican wrote:Man, this game makes me nervous.

Philly has been our personal house of horrors for the last decade.

Not counting those two great Joe Gibbs playoff runs, Philly has beaten us for the most part.

Heck, they've won 15 of the last 22 games and even in our best form, most inter divisional games have been splits.

With division rivals you never really know what's going to happen.

Would be a great time for some magic, though.

(Historical results, here:
http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=24&opp=32)


It is true that we have struggled, but a new era is upon us my friend. RGIII is slowly making me a believer that we have nothing to fear from these division rival games. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
El Mexican wrote:Man, this game makes me nervous.

Philly has been our personal house of horrors for the last decade.

Not counting those two great Joe Gibbs playoff runs, Philly has beaten us for the most part.

Heck, they've won 15 of the last 22 games and even in our best form, most inter divisional games have been splits.

With division rivals you never really know what's going to happen.

Would be a great time for some magic, though.

(Historical results, here:
http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=24&opp=32)


It is true that we have struggled, but a new era is upon us my friend. RGIII is slowly making me a believer that we have nothing to fear from these division rival games. :)

Not this one, anyway. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm

The Skins must approach this game the same way they've approached the last 5...it's a must win game against an opponent that can beat us....if they approach every game this way there's no tellin how far they could go...overlooking an opponent is never good...

the 'mudge
Posts: 14835
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

They must focus on destroying the confidence of the Eagles, and shutting the crowd up, early. They must take the lead, then put their heels to the throat of the Eagles soul... and keep it there for 4 quarters. This is a good opportunity for a statement game. Not only will the Redskins win the games they should... they will do it in the Eagle's house... in a very convincing manner. Focus. Resolve. Execution. Finishing.

Haslett's crew is the key this week.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:They must focus on destroying the confidence of the Eagles, and shutting the crowd up, early. They must take the lead, then put their heels to the throat of the Eagles soul... and keep it there for 4 quarters. This is a good opportunity for a statement game. Not only will the Redskins win the games they should... they will do it in the Eagle's house... in a very convincing manner. Focus. Resolve. Execution. Finishing.

Haslett's crew is the key this week.

Actually, I like controlling the TOP with our running game, and keeping Haslett's guys watching. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 am

Looks like Vick WILL be suiting up for this game. He's projected to be the back-up, but this is Andy Ried we are talking about here; I suspect Vick will have a more active role than they are letting on.

Otherwise, why have him active? Vick may not get the start, but I wouldn't expect him to sit on the bench long if Foles struggles.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Postby funsho2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am

Bob 0119 wrote:Looks like Vick WILL be suiting up for this game. He's projected to be the back-up, but this is Andy Ried we are talking about here; I suspect Vick will have a more active role than they are letting on.

Otherwise, why have him active? Vick may not get the start, but I wouldn't expect him to sit on the bench long if Foles struggles.



I dont want vick to play....

tribe
Posts: 6262
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 am

Vick needs to sit out. Our D will crush him and need not another concussion.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 am

Foles worries me more than Vick right now.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't understand the comparisons - we are playing the eagles and they will be fired up to win their last game at home

this team will be playing with nothing to lose against a hated divisional rival


I think some of them will play hard but I have a feeling a lot of the older fellas will weaken when we get the lead and the green clad in the crowd start booing.

I'm counting on this win.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Postby funsho2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

FLWSkin wrote:Foles worries me more than Vick right now.


he is not that good dude....no worries here

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Panama

Postby gushogs » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am

Remember the 1-15 cowturds in 1989? I do.
beagles are playing for pride. SKINS have to go all out as they have the last 5 games. Vick is on the market and if he plays he'll want to show other teams he's still has what it takes to be considered.
GO SKINS
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

08 Champ
Posts: 13928
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Vick is not the player he was ...

Andy will be trying to win this with his backs and some deep passes ... I doubt he thinks that Vick is ready to give his team the spark that he used to


We just need to control the game flow, both offensively and defensively - NO turnovers and no stupid penalties

the Redskins players and coaches will be up for this

WE CONTROL OUR DESTINY
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football