Seahawks "Not Worried" About Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Seahawks "Not Worried" About Redskins

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 am

In an interview on NFL Network that is set to air soon, Richard Sherman said that the Redskins receivers were "nothing they can't handle." Browner went further saying that Santana Moss came to Seattle and talked trash last year. Then, Browner said, Santana "got smacked around. So, if he wants to get smacked around again, we can do that."

Apparently, Browner doesn't remember his team getting 17 unanswered points scored on them in the 4th Quarter and losing the Redskins. But, what can you expect from the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121629/article/richard-sherman-not-worried-by-washington-redskins

Richard Sherman arguably is the best cornerback in the NFL, no matter what the Pro Bowl voters say. His availability for the Seattle Seahawks' playoff run makes us believe the team could make it all the way to New Orleans.

This is a man who isn't afraid to talk trash to Tom Brady after a victory. So Sherman's answer wasn't a surprise when USA Today asked him what Washington Redskins receivers worried him heading into Sunday's NFC Wild Card Game.

"None of them," Sherman said.

Sherman was asked about Pierre Garcon specifically.

"I don't think so," Sherman said.

The quotes are great for lazy writers like me, but Sherman's confidence in this matchup raises a legitimate point. Can Garcon, Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson get open against the Seahawks' physical cornerbacks? There wasn't a lot of separation from Washington's receiver group last week against the Dallas Cowboys (that's one reason why four of five ATL writers picked the Seahawks to win Sunday).

Garcon is an explosive player, but he's not an ideal No. 1 receiver. The receiver group is not great after him. The Redskins' passing game has slowed down with just 272 yards in the last two games combined.

Sherman gets tag-team partner Brandon Browner back from suspension this week. Together, with a terrific safety group, the Seahawks should slow down Robert Griffin III's air attack. And Sherman hasn't forgotten the criticism he took for testing positive for a banned substance (he later appealed his suspension, and won).

"Everybody has haters," Sherman said. "People think Jesus didn't exist. They think he wasn't a miracle worker. There are people who say he didn't walk on water, or he only walked on water because he couldn't swim. Those people's opinions mean dirt to me."

Yup, Sherman just sorta compared himself to Jesus. That's the type of confidence you want out of your shutdown cornerback heading into the playoffs.

Thanks Richard. Or, should we call you Dick Sherman. I can't wait to see Garcon and Morgan demoralizing these idiots. They haven't beat any playoff team on the road this year. Yet, one guy is comparing himself to Jesus and the other is talking about smacking receivers around in D.C.

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 am

Let's also not forget that these two teams fought during the coin toss last November. These teams hate each other. Here's a video of the last game from some lame Seahawk fan. The fight at coin toss comes around the 5:30 mark of the vid. This team may be approaching hated status normally reserved for the division.

At the 9:00 mark this idiot starts sulking because the Skins are beating the crap out of them. Then a misdirection play fools him and he can't even find the ball. He says "where's the ball." Man, I can't wait for this game to get going. I hate the Seahawks and their odd ball fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3BALXpD90

Not only does their team suck. Their fans are douche bags. This is comical.
Last edited by The Hogster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 am

A little bulletin board material maybe, but hardly anything to worry about. RGIII doesn't need receivers to have separation to put the ball in the receivers hands and give the DB no chance to make a play.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am

The Hogster wrote:Let's also not forget that these two teams fought during the coin toss last November. These teams hate each other. Here's a video of the last game from some lame Seahawk fan. The fight at coin toss comes around the 5:30 mark of the vid. This team may be approaching hated status normally reserved for the division.

At the 9:00 mark this idiot starts sulking because the Skins are beating the crap out of them. Then a misdirection play fools him and he can't even find the ball. He says "where's the ball." Man, I can't wait for this game to get going. I hate the Seahawks and their odd ball fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3BALXpD90

Not only does their team suck. Their fans are douche bags. This is comical.

There's a chick Seahawks fan out there after the altercation!?! Too funny!

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 am

Nice opening drive by Rex and the Skins.

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:38 am

Deadskins wrote:Nice opening drive by Rex and the Skins.

The entire video is basically the Skins dominating these clowns. And, yes Sherman and Browner are out there getting beaten. Take away home field and you've got the Eagles. At one point, this weird Seahawks fan says "they're gashing us.......here's the Seahawks MVP--the punter."

LOL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am

I was at that game in Seattle. I have to say that the fans were respectful to me and my buddy. We were in good seats so maybe that had something to do with it but no one cursed at us, there were no threats and I did not see any fights. They are loud as hell, like going to a European soccer game. They just make noise regardless of what is happening in the game, it is strange. I did not get the sense that they were particularly passionate about the Seahawks but they liked the game and the yelling. That stadium was beautiful as is the city. The Saturday before the game was the Apple Bowl and there was far more passion about that game than the Seahawks game.

The Seahawks players, other than their QB, strick me as cockey. I really want them to think they are going to come in a roll the Skins. They may practice agaisnt Wilson but that is not the same as facing RGIII - who is the superior QB no matter what ESPN and NFL Network have to say.

I am looking forward to the game. I hope the Redskins win but would not be surprised if they don't. This season has been awesome and if it ends on Sunday there is a lot to be proud of and to build on for next year. My sense is that it will not end on Sunday - Alfred Morris and RGIII will carry this team.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:15 am

The Hogster wrote:

The entire video is basically the Skins dominating these clowns. And, yes Sherman and Browner are out there getting beaten. Take away home field and you've got the Eagles. At one point, this weird Seahawks fan says "they're gashing us.......here's the Seahawks MVP--the punter."

LOL

Yeah, I watched all three parts. I enjoyed them all. Pretty good camera work, and I liked his commentary too. I'd much rather listen to him than Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

The Hogster wrote:

LOL

Wait a second, both of their "amazing all pro shutdown corners" got toasted by the sex cannon last year and they're not worried about Griffin?

:shock: ROTFALMAO
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:26 am

I think its pretty fair to say that our team is not one dimensional. If they gear up to stop the run, we can throw the ball. If they gear up to stop the pass, we can run the ball. This isn't last year's offense led by Gross-man. We have a stud quarterback and running back that their defense have to contend with. I do, however, enjoy Sherman's confidence as he is pretty much lacking any kind of respect for all of our receivers. We owe them a punch in the mouth and I hope they get that on Sunday.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:39 am

I don't know. I really believe the Seahawks are in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I LOVE that they think they can handle us. Love that everybody is picking them to win.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am

My father lives in Bremerton Washington and catches the ferry over to Seattle. He said the Seahawks are jokes and win because the ref's cheat at home. Pete Carroll is a clown that needs to go back to the NCAA. I like our chances Sunday I think that with the receiving core we had last year and Fred Davis crapping all over them, minus Fred, I think our receivers make these clowns look real bad, Morris isn't as fast as Helu but I like RG3. My only concern in that Red Bryant dude, he's a bad man when he wants to be and I recall him wreaking havoc on us. I hope we can block that dude.........

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am

Seattle is massively overrated by the so called "experts." Is their defense good, yes, but they're not the '85 Bears. They played an awful lot of terrible offensive ball clubs this year. Pete Carroll is a cheerleader. He might as well have pom poms on the sideline. We have a huge advantage there. Barring Seattle getting an early lead by more than 1 score because of some fluke we should win this game. We will only be in trouble if we get down early, as Seattle is a very emotional team. They thrive off of it, more so than other teams. If Pete Carroll is asked to actually out coach another guy with actual X's and O's he's in deep trouble. Get out of the first quarter without anything crazy happening, and we'll be fine.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

Good. I hope Sherman keeps it up. I also hope he starts trash-talking about Alfred Morris. Please!

Re: Seahawks "Not Worried" About Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:14 am

This video isn't proof, but it makes you wonder how the crowd can be so loud with everyone sitting with their mouths closed.

Things that make you go hmmm!

No, it isn't proof that the crowd noise is piped in, but everyone you can see on camera is sitting and no one in view is cheering. So how does the noise get so loud.

I'm 99.9% certain, it is electronically enhanced. Both corners were on PEDs and the stadium is AMPED.

CHEATING CHAWKS!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football