Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Orakpo out, Kerrriker out, Fred Davis out, Garcon not 100%, RG3 hurt...it should scare the fans of all other teams to think of how good this team will be when 100% healthy...next year they may be SB bound!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

RayNAustin wrote: If I owned the team, I would have been in the locker room at the half, and told those nitwits that if they put my franchise in jeopardy by playing RG3 in the second half ... they'd be fired regardless of the outcome of the game, win or loose.

While I agree with most of your conclusions... this quote is just nuts... we spent HOW many years wishing that our owner would get out of football decisions??? Seriously???
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Pete Carroll is drooling...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 pm

grampi wrote:Orakpo out, Kerrriker out, Fred Davis out, Garcon not 100%, RG3 hurt...it should scare the fans of all other teams to think of how good this team will be when 100% healthy...next year they may be SB bound!
Thank you!

But... who are you, and what did you do with grampi?

Postby RedpotatoSkins » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Had we been able to stay healthy, I think it was our game. However I dont think we could have got past the Falcons anyway given our injuries. I look back and it seemed like we strayed off the run scheme that proved effective in the first quarter. Trying in the second quarter to stretch the defense with Morris did not work, but hitting the inside running lanes and cut back lanes was effective. RG3 was not an effective passer in the Dallas game and not that effective in this game. I think the knee injury, prevents him from properly planting, forcing him to alter his throwing technique. I agree he should have been pulled at half. Cousins has proven to be effective, but even more so, to protect RG3 from further injury. Good thing he had that brace on, or that could have been a devistating injury.

All that being said, I really really hate the Sea Hags.

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Countertrey wrote:Pete Carroll is drooling...

He is a frickin weirdo....and he looks like Rodger Daltry....
Last edited by grampi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

grampi wrote:Orakpo out, Kerrriker out, Fred Davis out, Garcon not 100%, RG3 hurt...it should scare the fans of all other teams to think of how good this team will be when 100% healthy...next year they may be SB bound!

Allen and Shanahan will find a couple of safeties. Orakpo and Carriker will return. Yes, I have reasonable hopes -- not just wishes -- that the Redskins will be about 12 - 4 and SB team.

Eagles are reorganizing. Cowboys seem permanently disorganized. The Giants have a good organization, so they will be back, but the Redskins ought to win the NFC East again.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Great season. Our team gave it all they had. Gear up for the draft the future is bright. Just remember RG3 was on one leg out there.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

welch wrote:

Allen and Shanahan will find a couple of safeties. Orakpo and Carriker will return. Yes, I have reasonable hopes -- not just wishes -- that the Redskins will be about 12 - 4 and SB team.

Eagles are reorganizing. Cowboys seem permanently disorganized. The Giants have a good organization, so they will be back, but the Redskins ought to win the NFC East again.

The Crackboys have our 2nd best QB...Blomo...

Postby whattaconcept » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

I'VE TRIED TO POST SIX TIMES ALREADY...ATTEMPTING TO BE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" THE ENTIRE TIME...ND HAVE YET BEEN ABLE TO EVEN FINISH MY POST!!!SUFFICE IT TO SAY THAT, AS MUCH AS I ADMIRE & RESPECT MIKE SHANAHAN....

HE TOTALLY BLEW THIS GAME AND OPPORTUNITY FOR THE 'SKINS!!!!...

HE LEFT RGIII IN THE GAME WAY TOO LONG, WHICH ENDED UP NOT ONLY COSTING US THE GAME...BUT ALSO LET RGIII GET EVEN MORE SEVERELY INJURED!!!!

My Stepson PLAYED under Shanahan in '84-'85 in "THE SWAMP", Where he was a linebacker, but...HE BLEW OUT HIS KNEE ON THEIR OLD "ASTROTURF"

RGIII SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED BEFORE THE 2ND HALF EVEN STARTED!!!!!

FAR TOO MUCH EGO, AND FAR TOO LITTLE REAL CONCERN FOR HIS TEAM!!!!

:x :oops: :twisted: :(

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

whattaconcept: Weak first post. Did you watch the presser???

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:02 pm

NOTE TO RG III: When your knee is jelly, pull yourself out of the game. It's not like you have an ass like Jay Shroeder behind you. Doug Williams is on line 2 for you. ;-)

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

NFL Network coverage right now is really good.

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:Shannahan does not have his players in his best interest. Fire him!
Moron post of the thread

No it isn't .... apparently there is only one other person with two brain cells left.

This loss lays squarely on the idiotic decision to continue sending out a severely hampered RG3, when it was obvious to anyone with a half a brain he was not able to play and be effective ... but more importantly, risking further injury to RG3 like this was totally inexcusable.

At the half, Cousins could have, and SHOULD HAVE come in and run this offense, and the Redskins would have won this game. The defense just got wore out in the 2nd half ... then, when RG3 couldn't even turn to get the bad snap, the game was over. The disaster of having to put Cousins in there, cold, and down by 10 with 6 minutes was created by not making that move after the 2nd QT.

If I owned the team, I would have been in the locker room at the half, and told those nitwits that if they put my franchise in jeopardy by playing RG3 in the second half ... they'd be fired regardless of the outcome of the game, win or loose.

No excuse for this ... none ... no debate, no argument, no room for what ifs .... it was gross malfeasance to continue playing him, and if you disagree, you're crazy. It's not even close.

Agreed, Shannahan put his interests before the interests of the franchise. It is inexcusable!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote: If I owned the team, I would have been in the locker room at the half, and told those nitwits that if they put my franchise in jeopardy by playing RG3 in the second half ... they'd be fired regardless of the outcome of the game, win or loose.

While I agree with most of your conclusions... this quote is just nuts... we spent HOW many years wishing that our owner would get out of football decisions??? Seriously???

That really has nothing to do with anything. Your momma could be the biggest nag and worry wort that ever lived ... but if she told you to get off the railroad tracks because a train is coming ... I don't think all the previous nagging and worrying has anything to do with deciding to listen and GET OFF THE TRACKS.

The operative thought here is "if I were the owner". The decision to leave Robert in the game is PRECISELY the poor judgment I've been screaming about with Shanahan ... and most of the post game questions have involved the wisdom of leaving him in the game ... which means even the reporters seem to have slightly better judgement.
Last edited by RayNAustin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football