Redskins post season thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Mad But Glad

Postby (d)oink » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:02 pm

The Hogster wrote:I'm as angry, frustrated, disappointed as the next guy. But, hindsight is 20/20 and usually for losers. Nobody second guesses play calls, coaching decisions and the like in a win.

The way the team lost this game is gut wrenching--having dominated early for a 14 point lead, only to have an injury de-rail the win. But, the only man thing to do now is to reflect on the season and ask yourself if you would have been pleased with this result if you were told at the beginning of the year.

This team was dead last in the NFC East two years running. We went into this year with supposedly the worst offensive line in the NFL. An unproven rookie QB who we'd "mortgaged the future on." And, a rotation of running backs lead by Evan Royster after losing "the guy" Hightower to a knee injury last year.

This team won the NFC East.

Swept Dallas in two National TV games.

Lead the NFL in Rushing.

Had a Top 5 Offense that confused teams all year.

And, showcased a platoon of rookie draft picks who proved that they are not only good players, but capable of playing at a Pro Bowl level.

We went from having no QB to 2.

Found a Pro Bowl Running Back with a pick received from McNabb's trade.

And saw rookies Richard Crawford, Josh Leribus, Kirk Cousins, Alfred Morris, and RGIII each play a lead role in winning games for us.

This team hosted a home playoff game, and gave Redskins Nation reason to be excited again.

The greatness of this season lies in the fact that we did it with mainly rookies and young players. The future is bright, and with more pieces to this puzzle, the Washington Redskins will be a dominant force for years to come.

Did I mention that this team went 5-1 in it's division after being robbed for $36M in salary cap space??

Only 1 team in the league is happy at the end of the year. And, although it won't be us this year, we are closer to winning it all than we were 8 months ago. HAIL TO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS. With an offseason of rest, free agency, and another draft class, this team will be poised to dominate for many years.

Therefore, I'm Mad, but I'm Glad. And, you should be too.

Well said.
What the....

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I agree with everything, I'm just worried that decisions made yesterday may impact our effectiveness next season.

I'm with you, but at the same time if one man is winning our games we don't deserve him.

At first, yes it was him alone, but then he inspired the team. The team grew together as one; something we haven't seen in DC for about 20yrs.

The more I watch highlight reels of Cousins, the more comfortable I get. He needs some work on knowing when not to throw the ball (interceptions), but we can make him even more capable with another strong WR and another running threat in the backfield with Morris. This way you can work up new confusing plays with having two running threats in the back field again. Say like a read option hand off to a power runner how also serves as an emergency blocker for Cousins.

This of course after we build a strong defense which is well within our grasp for next year (healed players, FA signings, draft steals).

I think we could be just as much of a winning team next year, but it might not look at explosive. Nothing wrong with that as long as we're holding the ball more and moving it down field.

In other words a slower, clock hogging, but very effective offense.

I think we're going to be just fine. If we didn't have Cousins, I'd be on the verge of devastation. Grateful for Shanny's foresight, now just get better at evaluating your players.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Fail Like the Deadskins. Fail Constantly.

Excuse me? I may not have won hognostications, but I was only one game of the pace, and I was the fantasy football champ. So at least I don't fail as much as the Redskins_Fanatic. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

The Hogster wrote:My biggest concern is how the knee twisted like that WITH a brace on it.

Yeah, that pissed me off. It shouldn't have been able to bend that way. And what was up with those snaps by Montgomery? Dude failed at the biggest moment of his career.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Joe's#1Fan

My Season In The Review Mirror

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm

i just wanted to put my stamp on the overall season to this point by saying thanks to the players for giving us that good ole feeling and a future that is very promising.At the start of the year i was beginning to wonder here we go again with all these close losses starting at 3-6..We were in evey game but the steelers where the dropped passes made it look like ole boy but something transpired during the bye week.the coaches prior to the bye week especially shannahan was giving up i was like what are you really trying to say but he said what i and everybody else thought he said i,m giving up.I guess that was the fire that started the 7 game win streak. They had a playoff game for 7 straight weeks and played great starting with the eagles then dallas on turkey day and everyone showed leadership and the coaches put RG3 in some different formations ,pistol,read option and they were off and running.So speaking of running thats what they did with alfred morris/rg3 with some of the passing game thrown in it.That snowball was rolling downhill from there picking up steam inspite of the injuries we found some chemistry and it looked great as a fan to see again.Then came the dallas cowboys again with alot more on the line and what do you know we did it again (swept the boyz ) and darn near went unbeaten in our division and won the nfc east division on top of that to earn a playoff spot playing at home. i know the injuries especially to rg3 is disheartening and scary but glad and hope he recovers and comes back even stronger and healthy.i don,t want to talk about the playoff game cause that game just gets me all worked up knowing how it all unfolded from us being up 14-0in the 1st quarter.the coaches well you might want to rethink alot of things moving forward in like keeping the pistol but do it as a game changer or change of pace and stay with what you did with the eagles/browns game with not as much of the read option. I hope you see that eveyone else will study this harder now so pick your times when to run it and dont wear it out or our QB out along with it afterall hes our future.So a big thanks to all involved and heres to a speedy recovery to our franchise QB and i hope everyone in the front office and coaches can continue to improve the team to do even more moving forward.so thanks to you all here on the hogs as well you all keep it real and its been real fun as well and i hope we can continue this just like our beloved football team.

Oh by the way i got my new griffin jersey yesterday.

thanks
HTTR :up:
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Joe's#1Fan

Thanks for a winning season

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:19 pm

This year has been a good one and looking for more..
HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

"As The World Turns"

**LPJ**

Re: Thanks for a winning season

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

gibbsfan wrote:This year has been a good one and looking for more..
HTTR

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

NFC EAST CHAMPS! 10-6! 5-1 NFC EAST! SWEPT AND KNOCKED OUT THE COWS!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Joe's#1Fan

Re: Thanks for a winning season

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
gibbsfan wrote:This year has been a good one and looking for more..
HTTR

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

NFC EAST CHAMPS! 10-6! 5-1 NFC EAST! SWEPT AND KNOCKED OUT THE COWS!

i want the bigger meal along with dessert :rock:
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

"As The World Turns"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:17 pm

We were fine and we are fine .. we actually were a little lucky that some of the other guys basically did not play a full 60 minutes

I'm very thankful for how we 'finished'

going to be fun defending the NFC East title ... no worries
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:19 pm

BIG THANKS to the players and coaches

can't wait to see the 'encore'
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

The corner has been turned.

Hail
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

NC43Hog wrote:The corner has been turned.

Hail

A ;furious; men!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football