Reggie Bush Visiting Redskins Park

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 am

I want to clarify my "toy" comment WRT Bush.

I think Bush would fit our system well, but with as many needs that we have and where a third down, change of pace back, would fall that list of priorities (near the bottom) I deal that Bush would be a luxury signing that we can't afford because of limited cap space and more pressing needs.

So to me he is a toy.

I hope he doesn't make it out of Detroit.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am

I VERY much doubt that Reggie Bush is coming here

HOWEVER

The group that is in charge of putting the roster together and managing the cap will find a way to do whatever they want - bringing in a player like Bush is NOT going to mean that we cannot add (OR afford) another player - they will find a way to make it work

I think Bush would be a plus and the guys that really know a thing or two must also think that .... :lol:

I still doubt he's going to be here but I'll bet that if he is, he'll add to our offense ... BIG TIME
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 pm

On first glance, I don't like this. But I am a crank.

I also don't think there's much of a chance it will happen. But I am often wrong.

Still, I'm holding out hope that I'll be a crank who's proven right. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Boo this man (Bush, not Irn-Bru)!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Toy to me is something that is a want not a need. Flashy and expensive wrt return for investment.

Bush isn't a bad fit and would help, but not as much as having a starting TE, RT, FS, SS, or CB. No Bush wouldn't cost us all of those (not that we can afford to sign all of those with out signing Bush) but I bet he would cost us two or three of them. And even if he costs us just a new CB he would cost us too much.

Yes, I know we have seven draft picks but how many starters can we really find in the 3rd through 7th round (where 6 out of our 7 picks come).

It would be more realistic to find a guy that could fill the role Bush would fill in the 3rd - 7th round than a starting CB or RT in those rounds.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Well he's signed with the Lions so no harm no foul here.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 pm

IMHO: (cap) bullet dodged.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Toy to me is something that is a want not a need. Flashy and expensive wrt return for investment.

How can you talk about return on investment, when you have no idea what the deal would be, not to mention his future performance?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Welp he signed with Detroit. NEXT!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Toy to me is something that is a want not a need. Flashy and expensive wrt return for investment.

How can you talk about return on investment, when you have no idea what the deal would be, not to mention his future performance?

Well dah!

Of course I have no idea what his contract would have been for the Skins because thankfully he signed with the Lions, but we will see what he got there.

And no I'm not a psychic. No one knows what his future performance will be!

SMH!!!

Ok maybe I should have said expected Return for investment or possible RFI, or likely RFI. I'm sure most people here got the gist, because what else are we here to do this time of year, but speculate.

Gods! Some people just don't get it and you need to spell it out for them.

So I will break it down for you Barney style. I expect that Bush's contract will be significant enough that I think it would over match his worth. I simply don't think he would have been worth the money. Yes, that is my opinion based on an educated guess.

Everything people write here should be read as an opinion unless they it is a fact and they provide the empirical evidence to support their claim.

It is my opinion that you were either board and looking for someone's balls to break or you just like making posts that make you seam a bit anal.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm

AND

NOBODY knows what we MIGHT have paid him to play here OR how BIG of a help he MIGHT have been

the fact that Detroit MIGHT over pay Bush does NOT mean that we would have

end of story :twisted:

Bush is NOT helping us win the NFC East this season :roll:
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football