Who Do You Expect Big Things From?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd like to see Nixon solve the RT issue. I think he has a legitimate chance because he'll receive proper coaching and hopefully a performance incentive contract.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm

If healthy it will be Meriweather and Helu.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:I'd like to see Nixon solve the RT issue. I think he has a legitimate chance because he'll receive proper coaching and hopefully a performance incentive contract.

Might be a hard-case uncoachable. If he's not, he could be an all-pro. Worth a chance, but don't hold your breath. He's had chances before.

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 am

Offense - Could be Aldrick Robinsons breakout year, if Garcon stays healthy.
Deffense - Phillip Thomas, just because he a ballhawk and has something to prove. If it wasn't for the injury, he would of went much higher.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Back on topic: IF either of our recently drafted running backs, make the roster, then I'd expect big things from them. Thompson in particular, could be awesome.

+1

He appears to be the more quintessential "change of pace" guy. 5 foot 7, 190lbs and reportedly runs 4.3. He's a homerun hitter with explosive moves.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Back on topic: IF either of our recently drafted running backs, make the roster, then I'd expect big things from them. Thompson in particular, could be awesome.

+1

He appears to be the more quintessential "change of pace" guy. 5 foot 7, 190lbs and reportedly runs 4.3. He's a homerun hitter with explosive moves.

I didn't read he ran a 4.3, but a 4.5. Are you sure of this info?

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:

+1

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 am

I think it is very hard to tell at this point, but these are the players I WANT to see big things from next year:
1. Merriweather
2. Amerson
3. Riley (even more than last year -- which I still thought was productive)
4. Jenkins
5. Davis

If Merriweather could have HALF the game he did against PHI last season, then our defense will be seriously upgraded. That said, I don't expect much from players coming off injuries like his.

Jenkins has been an underperformer based on where he was drafted. That said, I NEVER expected much from him and thought he was a reach when we drafted him (you can even check my posts). I still would like to be proven wrong.

I'm just hoping Amerson contributes because we need serious help at the CB position. This is just based on hope.

Riley was great last year, but I still believe he can be even better. Honestly, I would like to see him show that he can transition into Fletcher's spot when Fletcher decides his time is up.

Davis can easily he a "splash" player, but coming off injury who knows. I'd like to see him become a solid 3rd down option.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

There's been a lot of praise in the media quoting the Shanny on Rambo's performance. Seems like all three of our DB picks are playing up to standards right off :)

This is excellent news!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 06, 2013 12:58 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:There's been a lot of praise in the media quoting the Shanny on Rambo's performance. Seems like all three of our DB picks are playing up to standards right off :)

This is excellent news!!

Eh... We won't know anything until training camp at the extreme earliest.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:There's been a lot of praise in the media quoting the Shanny on Rambo's performance. Seems like all three of our DB picks are playing up to standards right off :)

This is excellent news!!

Eh... We won't know anything until training camp at the extreme earliest.

Sooooo...you're saying I shouldn't send you an invite to the Super Bowl party this summer? :lol:

At this point, any good news about our secondary is worth some optimism (though I do agree with your point).

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:If healthy it will be Meriweather and Helu.

+1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:If healthy it will be Meriweather and Helu.

+1

Meriweather is a good one.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

+1

I'm sure that I've seen both times reported, so not sure what the truth is. What is certain is that his film shows him running away from a lot of people very quickly.

Edit: a quick re-read of some scouting reports provides a consensus of 4.4 in the 40.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue May 07, 2013 8:10 am

I do not expect it for sure but I would feel great if Minnifield can play and show his true potential. He is a great player and would make a great Redskin.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football