We have a famed "Matthews" signed....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

We have a famed "Matthews" signed....

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Kevin is part of the Matthews NFL family: cousins Clay & Casey, dad Bruce (HOFer), uncle Clay Jr. (4 Pro Bowls).

Can he become another HOF..... ?

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 675ae3c0f0
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Nice, thanks for the heads up!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue May 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Very nice!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Nice family tree, but we'll see. He was very productive at A&M, so hopefully he can be a contributor here.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby RG3PO » Wed May 08, 2013 8:23 am

Hmmm.....One might think that perhaps ol Ribs may not be the next center here after Montgomery. I know Lichty can slide over a fill that position if push came to shove, but where would that leave us at LG. I'm pretty sure Gettis took the bulk of his snaps at RG.
All in all I have no problem whatsover with this pickup. You can never have enough depth on either the OL or DL.
"It is not by accident the Dalali Lama wears burgundy and gold."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 am

Eh... I don't care who his brother is. Is he any good?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 pm

the titans didnt think so....
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:35 pm

But Shanahan does :)

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 pm

shanahan thinks he is a warm body for camp. doubt he thinks this kid can make the 53.....is he practice squad eligible? if so that might be his chance....
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Postby yupchagee » Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 pm

gay4pacman wrote:shanahan thinks he is a warm body for camp. doubt he thinks this kid can make the 53.....is he practice squad eligible? if so that might be his chance....

+1

There must be a reason why he wasn't drafted.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 am

A lot of players are getting more of a chance here than in the past ...

this FO has led us to the top of the NFC East ....

faster and younger plus competition at every position is all that counts here now ... more players are going to have shorter careers - time to move on
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:A lot of players are getting more of a chance here than in the past ...

this FO has led us to the top of the NFC East ....

faster and younger plus competition at every position is all that counts here now ... more players are going to have shorter careers - time to move on

It's not just that they're getting a chance, it's a legit chance. We've always brought guys in and said "camp fodder, camp fodder, camp fodder" because thats what they were. The idea that they could earn a spot was said by the coaches but we knew the deal.

What makes Mike different is that, these guys could replace someone if they EARN it. That forces your starters to not become complacent.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 am

Seems a little hard to judge him based on his time with the Titans. I see last year he played in 14 games and started two. But their o-line was kind of a mess last year because of injuries.

Either way, I'm always happy to see the team looking to improve our line. Competition is good. Let's see if this guy can bring something.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am

I am not sure about this move. I do not wish to sound negative, I really do not know.

We apparently traded Kyle Wilburn, another C and OL to the Titans. So, this was really a trade.

Wilburn was a good prospect competing with Tevita, another UDFA, for a roster spot. Matthews has a year experience and a good family tree :lol: but I have not been impressed by the Titans OL play. I have not seen film of him and there is where scouts and coaches earn their salary.

We are not looking at starters but potential depth.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 09, 2013 9:25 am

I think that this FO has done a great job but the key has been in getting the depth situation improved so quickly ..

adding players like Garcon, Morgan, RG3 and Morris has helped, big time, but finding players that provide depth is key too

there are many more players contributing here now than we're used to
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football