This writer thinks Shanahan can be compared to Zorn

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:No need to reply to the post above. This man said it best.

1niksder wrote:IMHO

Jason Had Vinny...

Just like Sage, Mark, Trent, Patrick, Hasselbeck.

Vinny made Todd Collins a household name in the DMV, and Chase Daniels RICH... He had Colt Brennan in the QB debate at one point.

Vinny knew his QBs... Vinny knew a good backup when he saw one, but he always saw them as starters, and never really put a team around any of them.

Vinny would have never looked at Bob or Capt. Kirk, let alone have both of them on the roster at the same time.

It would take Campbell 40 mins. to name all the OCs and QB coaches he's had since High School, yet he's still in the league. That says he has the drive and the skills to be a NFL QB. He's been a starter in both conferences, and has started everywhere he's been.

MS cut him loose before he even looked at him on the field... and Mike knows QB.

Jason was missing something, including a consistent scheme... Although it's true, I think the lack of a consistent scheme was mentioned so often when people discussed Jason it became his crutch.

Except Except for the fact that Vinny didn't pick JC, Gibbs did!

I get tired of hearing about how JC had a different OC every year because of simply want true. He had two systems the four years he was a starter on DC. He started two seasons under Gibbs/Saunders' system and two years with Zorn's. Yes, he had to learn Gibbs' system when he was our third string QB his first year, but we have no real proof he ever actually learned it. The next year Saunders was brought in and his system (a version of the same system Gibbs ran, just more pass happy) and they meshed his system with Gibbs'.

What I remember vividly about Campbell is that he was.SLOW to decide on anything, he couldn't even decide when to slide out go out of bounds, consequently he would do nothing and just get jacked up by defenders.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:No need to reply to the post above. This man said it best.

1niksder wrote:IMHO

Jason Had Vinny...

Just like Sage, Mark, Trent, Patrick, Hasselbeck.

Vinny made Todd Collins a household name in the DMV, and Chase Daniels RICH... He had Colt Brennan in the QB debate at one point.

Vinny knew his QBs... Vinny knew a good backup when he saw one, but he always saw them as starters, and never really put a team around any of them.

Vinny would have never looked at Bob or Capt. Kirk, let alone have both of them on the roster at the same time.

It would take Campbell 40 mins. to name all the OCs and QB coaches he's had since High School, yet he's still in the league. That says he has the drive and the skills to be a NFL QB. He's been a starter in both conferences, and has started everywhere he's been.

MS cut him loose before he even looked at him on the field... and Mike knows QB.

Jason was missing something, including a consistent scheme... Although it's true, I think the lack of a consistent scheme was mentioned so often when people discussed Jason it became his crutch.

Except Except for the fact that Vinny didn't pick JC, Gibbs did!

I get tired of hearing about how JC had a different OC every year because of simply want true. He had two systems the four years he was a starter on DC. He started two seasons under Gibbs/Saunders' system and two years with Zorn's. Yes, he had to learn Gibbs' system when he was our third string QB his first year, but we have no real proof he ever actually learned it. The next year Saunders was brought in and his system (a version of the same system Gibbs ran, just more pass happy) and they meshed his system with Gibbs'.

What I remember vividly about Campbell is that he was.SLOW to decide on anything, he couldn't even decide when to slide out go out of bounds, consequently he would do nothing and just get jacked up by defenders.

And he was very inaccurate on the long ball.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 am

The problem is... Nobody is really disagreeing with your points.

skinsfan#33 wrote:

Deadskins wrote:And he was very inaccurate on the long ball.

This is what we disagreed with. In particular, the bolded portion.

SkinsJock wrote:Jason Campbell is just NOT what any franchise would be really pleased to have as their starting QB - never was & never will be

that's just the way it is in the NFL when you don't REALLY want to work hard enough
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The problem is... Nobody is really disagreeing with your points.

hah. Why let that get in the way of a good argument?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 pm

I said he lacked the skill, not the motivation, CLL.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Deadskins wrote:I said he lacked the skill, not the motivation, CLL.

And I said that I didn't really disagree with you and that the genesis of my participation in this thread was my disagreement in that he lacked motivation.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I said he lacked the skill, not the motivation, CLL.

And I said that I didn't really disagree with you and that the genesis of my participation in this thread was my disagreement in that he lacked motivation.

So, then we agreed to disagree with SJ.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football