Jarvis Jenkins PEDs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 pm

NFL approval means squat. The NFL approved every transaction that they later fined us 36 million dollars of cap space for.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:18 pm

I understand, when we hear about it, the case is done...the team and player heard he was dirty awhile ago (which is why Baker has been seeing time at DE). Jenkins has had a chance to appeal and he either did and lost, or didn't fight it.

It's really stupid, the players know they get tested. Heck, didn't Kirk Cousins have a tester come to his grandma's house this off-season in Minn or Mich where he was staying and ask for a pee sample?

1) He's Innocent -- He took something not thinking about it...come on guys, DON'T take anything....anything until you ask the trainer, coach, etc...

OR

2) He's Busted -- He was trying to get an unfair advantage and thought he could get away with it and didn't.

Either way -- dumb.

Thank God, this was offense number 1, so only 4 games...Like Fred Davis, Trent Wms, he better understand, this can't happen again, or you get a one year (no pay) vacation! Ask Tanard Jackson how that goes.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:30 pm

yupchagee wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:You lose Adam Kerrigan and then this... The good news is he should be back after 4 games. Gut feeling tells me that even though it was stupid, it wont happen again.

Lose Whom :?: :?: :?: :?:

I'm guessing he meant Carriker.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is a reason that the NFLPA has a list of approved supplements... It's truly dumb for players to use anything that's not on that list... DUMB. Hopefully, lesson learned.

Yeah but how many more lessons? At least he's not out for the season though. IDK...hopefully his backup will be a good temp fix.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Cappster wrote:.. They are football players not rocket scientists. It could be just an honest mistake...an unfortunate mistake, but we all do things we wish we could've done differently. It's just that with being in the NFL, it's going to be out there and in the open. If he makes the mistake twice, well, it wasn't really a mistake to begin with.

Jenkins admits that he knew that the supplement he was taking was not approved (and it was not) then there was a very good chance it most likely contained a substance that could get him suspended

HE KNEW THIS

now what we need to happen here is for a player to step up and take his place and HOPEFULLY then Jenkins becomes just a 'good' back-up AND then HOPEFULLY he loses his job in the NFL

this is all most likely not happening but .. this guy has made a choice and HOPEFULLY it comes back to hurt him, big time - That is NOTHING compared to what he did to his team

I hope and pray that Jenkins is not ever needed to be a part of the B&G again - dumb mistakes should come back to haunt you
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm

I am TOTALLY on the side of the players that want to play against players that do NOT need PEDs to be 'better' players

There's no room in the NFL for players that cheat - and there's no room in the NFL for players that 'use' supplements or anything that MIGHT get them suspended - NONE

KICK THEM ALL OUT OF THE GAME

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm not gonna get mad at the dude or call him dumb. Athletes all make mistakes...some big and some small. At least when players get in trouble like this, they're at least trying and trying to get that extra edge and be better. Instead of getting suspended due to drugs or conduct....or getting arrested like Hernandez. Oops. I trust that our depth will come into play and that we will be just fine without Jenkins for a couple games and with Carriker most likely out for the season. Baker will step up and so will other guys. Haslett will work formations around to help us get by. We just need someone out there to add a little pressure and to take pressure off OrakKerrigan.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Sucky. He is a monster on madden, and quite the force vs the run in real life lmao, I've been playing a lot lately
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 am

The NFL banned the substance for the fact that it serves as a masking agent. Therefore in my opinion, Jenkins was taking something to gain an unfair advantage point blank.

As fans how many times have we heard "i took something over the counter...i didnt kno blah blah blah"

They teach these players all what to avoid during the rookie symposium and put emphasis on the drug program. Vets on the team make these guys aware of the "best" "safe" supplements to buy.

For this to be a mistake I dont believe one bit! There are many players with access to many PEDs, fortunately for the NFL at this time they are the greatest sport currently to mask this from getting out to the media.

Remember Santana had received illegal PEDs a few years ago? The NFL swept that under the rug to hide the long laundry list of other players to be included.

Nfl drug policy is a joke!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am

The definition of PED is pretty vague... I'd bet the protien and post work out glutemine I take would get me suspended. The difference between that and a ped is I still have to put in the work, it just optimizes my diet for me, knowing I dont eat the optimum foods all day every day. It is what it is, and like most policies in the NFL it is flawed. See uncapped year Smfh
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am

The definition of PED is pretty vague... I'd bet the protien and post work out glutemine I take would get me suspended. The difference between that and a ped is I still have to put in the work, it just optimizes my diet for me, knowing I dont eat the optimum foods all day every day. It is what it is, and like most policies in the NFL it is flawed. See uncapped year Smfh

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:45 am

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... -violation

there is NO excuse - he let the team down by taking a supplement that he KNEW was NOT NFL approved .. BASICALLY he tried to cheat and got caught
this stuff is out there and all the players know what they can and cannot take
this is NOT an NFL issue - this is EASY for the players who do not want to get suspended - do NOT take supplements that are not approved - if it does NOT say it is approved - you will get suspended

hopefully we find someone else and this dumb idiot just becomes a back-up for the rest of his career

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Cappster wrote:.. They are football players not rocket scientists. It could be just an honest mistake...an unfortunate mistake, but we all do things we wish we could've done differently. It's just that with being in the NFL, it's going to be out there and in the open. If he makes the mistake twice, well, it wasn't really a mistake to begin with.

Jenkins admits that he knew that the supplement he was taking was not approved (and it was not) then there was a very good chance it most likely contained a substance that could get him suspended

HE KNEW THIS

now what we need to happen here is for a player to step up and take his place and HOPEFULLY then Jenkins becomes just a 'good' back-up AND then HOPEFULLY he loses his job in the NFL

this is all most likely not happening but .. this guy has made a choice and HOPEFULLY it comes back to hurt him, big time - That is NOTHING compared to what he did to his team

I hope and pray that Jenkins is not ever needed to be a part of the B&G again - dumb mistakes should come back to haunt you

Wow. I can tell that you are an iron hammer kind of guy. I hope Jenkins learns from his mistake and doesn't ever make said mistake again. I hope he has a long and successful career and can be a person who can help teach others about making the right decisions in life especially when it comes to playing in the NFL.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:02 am

I have no sympathy for someone that was possibly taking stuff to try to mask the illegal stuff he was using to get an edge - he made a mistake and he hurt his team

I have no problem with him getting over it and being a good citizen again

BUT - do you really think it was a "mistake" - I think he knew what he was doing and wanted to get an edge - IMO he tried to cheat & got caught
I'd think more of him if he were to admit that rather than say "I made a mistake ... it won't happen again"

he's CERTAINLY not the only guy in the NFL to try this - but, he's here and this really hurts our D

I'm just mad as hell at him right now :x

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 am

players hear about this stuff from other players all the time - they still do it and it's not helping to say "he made a mistake ..... "

WHY? - why make the choice when you've been told COUNTLESS times NOT to TRY THIS ... IF you do this you WILL be caught

then a bunch of fans come out and say " it's just a mistake ... "

IT's NOT a 'mistake' - these players are trying to cheat and getting caught despite all the guys that have learned from trying it and tried to tell them not to ...

END OF RANT

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football