Redskins against the Hurry Up offense

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 pm

^ the principles are the same... the only difference is that the players are faster ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL... that sounds like a wash...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:^ the principles are the same... the only difference is that the players are faster ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL... that sounds like a wash...

Sounds like the Redskins are well-prepared.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 am

welch wrote:
Countertrey wrote:^ the principles are the same... the only difference is that the players are faster ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL... that sounds like a wash...

Sounds like the Redskins are well-prepared.

agreed - from all reports Haslett has added some new 'ideas' to create even more pressure than has been seen to date

Vick has not done well against us recently and I look for that trend to continue on Monday night :D
Hail to the Redskins

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Our defensive line vs Eagles Oline. I think we hold the advantage. I am counting Rak and Kerrigan as down lineman as well because if its a run play they act as defensive ends and the NT, LDE and RDE act as interior DTs.

I am obviously biast but I dont think I am streching the truth by saying our front seven is formidable. Considering teams did not fare well with the run against us. Our weakness last year was the secondary we all know.
I really think our draft and Merriwhether healing up should help plug those holes.

Still I think Mike Vick in Chip Kellys offense is a perfect marriage. Vick may not be as accurate as Griff but he can run just as good if not better. I am not sold on Phillies Oline yet we will have to see. I think we will see mirror images of ourselves in the Eagles offense. Other then our Oline being better and RG3 being more accurate which is a huge difference. Its going to be an interesting game to say the least.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby yupchagee » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:33 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Our defensive line vs Eagles Oline. I think we hold the advantage. I am counting Rak and Kerrigan as down lineman as well because if its a run play they act as defensive ends and the NT, LDE and RDE act as interior DTs.

I am obviously biast but I dont think I am streching the truth by saying our front seven is formidable. Considering teams did not fare well with the run against us. Our weakness last year was the secondary we all know.
I really think our draft and Merriwhether healing up should help plug those holes.

Still I think Mike Vick in Chip Kellys offense is a perfect marriage. Vick may not be as accurate as Griff but he can run just as good if not better. I am not sold on Phillies Oline yet we will have to see. I think we will see mirror images of ourselves in the Eagles offense. Other then our Oline being better and RG3 being more accurate which is a huge difference. Its going to be an interesting game to say the least.

I think his problems will be more mental than physical.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:51 pm

HEROHAMO wrote: Still I think Mike Vick in Chip Kellys offense is a perfect marriage. Vick may not be as accurate as Griff but he can run just as good if not better.

There's far more to being "perfect" for Kelly's offense than having the physical attributes (which, we know, Vick has). The problem is, there is going to be an awful lot going on with that offense that requires a very intelligent QB, who can dissect the defense, identify the weak point, and exploit it... without help from the playcaller on the sideline... Has Vick ever demonstrated a strength here?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Countertrey wrote:I don't believe that they will ever get to 10-12 seconds...

I might have been mistaken, and forgive me if this has already been mentioned later in the thread, but I believe the Broncos were operating at about a 15-16 sec clip last night on offense. And it showed on the Ravens' D. Guys were sucking more wind than usual for the first game of the season.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
welch wrote:How is the Eagles hurry-up offense different than the one Richie Petibon stopped in SB 26?

This one is a college scheme. :P

Couldn't agree more, Irn-Bru. The K-gun had a lot of options; Chip Kelly is going to find out it's a lot harder running a fairly vanilla spread without the benefit of vastly superior athletes than the one's you're playing against.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 pm

welch wrote:Hurry-up with Jim Kelley or Chip Kelly depends on attacking a passive defense. Redskins defense did the attacking in SB 26; planning and practicing to attack in 2013.

Slightly off-topic, but personally I have always preferred attacking, aggressive defenses over read-and-react ones. That whole "bend but don't break" thing, geez... Give ME a break.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Postby yupchagee » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:

I might have been mistaken, and forgive me if this has already been mentioned later in the thread, but I believe the Broncos were operating at about a 15-16 sec clip last night on offense. And it showed on the Ravens' D. Guys were sucking more wind than usual for the first game of the season.

But there is a big difference between Peyton Manning making quick on field decisions & having Vick try to do that.
Skins fan since '55

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 pm

yupchagee wrote:
BigRedskinDaddy wrote:

But there is a big difference between Peyton Manning making quick on field decisions & having Vick try to do that.

playing in that mountain air has got to be tough .. especially in the 1st game
and ... there is a difference between the amount of time between plays in the college game and the NFL - the refs will not allow plays to be run as quickly

Vick is not as 'agile' as he used to be - going to be a 'bad day at the office', IMHO
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:23 am

Hurry up offense or not, the Eagle's run defense is going to be seeing flashes of burgundy and gold blazing past them the whole game. We'll probably run out of bounds a couple extra times to give our defense some rest and wear theirs out even more.

Postby yupchagee » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:42 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Hurry up offense or not, the Eagle's run defense is going to be seeing flashes of burgundy and gold blazing past them the whole game. We'll probably run out of bounds a couple extra times to give our defense some rest and wear theirs out even more.

Going out of bounds stops the game clock, not the play clock.
Skins fan since '55

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote: Still I think Mike Vick in Chip Kellys offense is a perfect marriage. Vick may not be as accurate as Griff but he can run just as good if not better.

There's far more to being "perfect" for Kelly's offense than having the physical attributes (which, we know, Vick has). The problem is, there is going to be an awful lot going on with that offense that requires a very intelligent QB, who can dissect the defense, identify the weak point, and exploit it... without help from the playcaller on the sideline... Has Vick ever demonstrated a strength here?

You make good points. I just was pointing out that this is an ideal situation for Vick. So far in Vicks career he has not shown an ability to dissect a defense. I just wouldnt underestimate them. I am sure Haslett will prepare for such.

I am just thinking this will not be a blowout as some might think. I actually think this will could be a close game.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm

yupchagee wrote:Going out of bounds stops the game clock

Only in the last five minutes of each half, otherwise it starts again once the ball has been reset.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football