FO ranks the Redskins 5th

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh. My bad for thinking someone who says "the method is flawed, just one example is X" was trying to level a critique.

Thanks for your "contribution" to the conversation then. Duly noted. :up:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Re:

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:57 am

The memory of this thread makes me sad. We had so much potential going into the year.

But interestingly:

RayNAustin wrote:While I like the Redskins being ranked this high .. and I think it justified, I find the overall methods used in the ranking to be obviously flawed, considering several very glaring examples ... such as ranking Carolina ahead of the 49ers, Falcons, Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Bears ... etc.

Of course, we also have the Bucs ranked ahead of Atlanta too .... so I'm calling BS ... and this challenges the entire methodology used in the ranking, rendering it extremely dubious at face value.

There are still three weeks to go, but the Panthers' W-L record ties the 49ers and beats everyone else you list. And don't look now, but the Bucs are actually salvaging their season and are certainly a better team than Atlanta.

Some of FO's predictions turned out to be wrong — the Redskins being the most prominent example, or maybe the Chiefs. However, the next time you're thinking of hand-waving an advanced stat ranking list, you might want to remember that your reasons for dismissing this one were essentially 100% mistaken. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Re: FO ranks the Redskins 5th

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 am

:D thanks for bringing this back - a sad reminder of how most of us looked at this season for our Redskins
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Re: FO ranks the Redskins 5th

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Outside of WAS (which I'm biased) and ATL, I was actually pretty happy with my predictions.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football