Week 2 Game Thread: Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.

..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?

No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?

There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Countertrey wrote:Unless the refs are on the Mara payroll... that is not a fumble.

Mara just keeps on coming.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

I'm so sick of the Shanahans. Sooooo overrated.

He NEEDS the work

Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.
Work is work. He stays in.

You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Come on guys!!!!

It is just the second game of our PRE-season. It just happens to be in the regular season, that's all.

Patience. We'll get back on our feet ... Much later in the REGULAR season ;)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

He NEEDS the work

Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.

You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..

He's playing like trash, more time off is the last thing he needs if they're not going to bench him altogether.

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.

No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?

There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO

Wouldn't it just be easier to say this entire franchise just sucks?

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Touchdown for Jordan Reed. Good for him. We may have our Fred Davis replacement. Davis has all but vanished.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Jordan Reed with his first TD! Hail!
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby Snout » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Yeah, our defense sure was tired in that impressive first quarter. Of this game and the last game.

These are not games when our defense tires out in the fourth quarter. If we tire out in the first quarter . . . yeah WTF do I know?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:

He NEEDS the work

He's playing like trash, more time off is the last thing he needs if they're not going to bench him altogether.
Actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Touchdown for Jordan Reed. Good for him. We may have our Fred Davis replacement. Davis has all but vanished.

Agreed.
"Givin'em the Business!"

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Come on guys!!!!

It is just the second game of our PRE-season. It just happens to be in the regular season, that's all.

Patience. We'll get back on our feet ... Much later in the REGULAR season ;)
nah, we got Mara'ed. It will take a season or two to overcome being Mara'ed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

ND Suh is going to eat us up next week.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Yeah, our defense sure was tired in that impressive first quarter. Of this game and the last game.

These are not games when our defense tires out in the fourth quarter. If we tire out in the first quarter . . . yeah WTF do I know?

You must not know much because the Eagles ran 53 plays in the 1st half last week. That's 2/3 of an entire game in one half. So yes, the inability to sustain a drive by the offense is horribly detrimental to the defense.

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:

He NEEDS the work

Actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.

Nah, Green Bay is playing soft prevent D, just as the Eagles did. Ponder can look like an NFL QB under the same circumstances

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football