Week 2 Game Thread: Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.


..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?


No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?


There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Countertrey wrote:Unless the refs are on the Mara payroll... that is not a fumble.


Mara just keeps on coming.

Hog
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

I'm so sick of the Shanahans. Sooooo overrated.


He NEEDS the work


Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.
Work is work. He stays in.


You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Come on guys!!!!

It is just the second game of our PRE-season. It just happens to be in the regular season, that's all.

Patience. We'll get back on our feet ... Much later in the REGULAR season ;)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

I'm so sick of the Shanahans. Sooooo overrated.


He NEEDS the work


Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.
Work is work. He stays in.


You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..


He's playing like trash, more time off is the last thing he needs if they're not going to bench him altogether.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.


..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?


No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?


There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO
.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say this entire franchise just sucks?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3345
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Touchdown for Jordan Reed. Good for him. We may have our Fred Davis replacement. Davis has all but vanished.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Jordan Reed with his first TD! Hail!
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby Snout » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.


..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?


No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?


There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO


Yeah, our defense sure was tired in that impressive first quarter. Of this game and the last game.

These are not games when our defense tires out in the fourth quarter. If we tire out in the first quarter . . . yeah WTF do I know?

the 'mudge
Posts: 14685
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

I'm so sick of the Shanahans. Sooooo overrated.


He NEEDS the work


Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.
Work is work. He stays in.


You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..


He's playing like trash, more time off is the last thing he needs if they're not going to bench him altogether.
Actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby 44diesel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Touchdown for Jordan Reed. Good for him. We may have our Fred Davis replacement. Davis has all but vanished.

Agreed.
"Givin'em the Business!"

piggie
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Come on guys!!!!

It is just the second game of our PRE-season. It just happens to be in the regular season, that's all.

Patience. We'll get back on our feet ... Much later in the REGULAR season ;)
nah, we got Mara'ed. It will take a season or two to overcome being Mara'ed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3345
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

ND Suh is going to eat us up next week.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.


..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?


No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?


There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO


Yeah, our defense sure was tired in that impressive first quarter. Of this game and the last game.

These are not games when our defense tires out in the fourth quarter. If we tire out in the first quarter . . . yeah WTF do I know?


You must not know much because the Eagles ran 53 plays in the 1st half last week. That's 2/3 of an entire game in one half. So yes, the inability to sustain a drive by the offense is horribly detrimental to the defense.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
1niksder wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to leave RG3 in this game. It's over and he needs to come out.

I'm so sick of the Shanahans. Sooooo overrated.


He NEEDS the work


Yes, but he doesn't need the type of work he's going to receive, down 31 points, and no concern for a run game, with the pack coming after him on every down.
Work is work. He stays in.


You're entitled to your opinion .. which is obviously shared by the two on the sideline who ran the tires off the kid last year, and drove him on the bare rims..


He's playing like trash, more time off is the last thing he needs if they're not going to bench him altogether.
Actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.
.

Nah, Green Bay is playing soft prevent D, just as the Eagles did. Ponder can look like an NFL QB under the same circumstances

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football