Week 2 Game Thread: Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Can we have a REAL safety any time soon?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Countertrey wrote:He's actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.

Until he shows us something more, I'll chalk it up to soft defense. Just like with the Eagles.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

I think Paul got some of that punt.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:ND Suh is going to eat us up next week.

The entire team on the lions are licking their chops. We are the team that is the easy win on their schedule. That is us, we are the easy win!!!
Last edited by NyfinestskinsfanBXTF on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:He's actually, he's playing pretty damned well from the pocket right now... sharp, accurate passes with mustard... this may be just what he needed.

Until he shows us something more, I'll chalk it up to soft defense. Just like with the Eagles.
You do that...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:ND Suh is going to eat us up next week.

He'll probably get suspended today :o
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You do that...

His passes are more accurate now.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You do that...

I'll gladly eat crow if this happens to be the turning point.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:I think Paul got some of that punt.

Funny. I am watching the game with about a minute delay. Your comment appeared in this board before I watched the play LOL

I am way out in northern Scandinavia.
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm

CT, that was a nice pass from the pocket with pressure just now.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Jordan Reed is becoming a favorite Tight End.

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You do that...

Every team in the NFL does do that when leading by nearly a half century. All QB's look good when chasing from behind.

Hog

Postby Snout » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Snout wrote:I cut the offense some slack because of the decision to play a rusty and limited RG, but our defen-sieve start is really depressing.

..... WTF...... Please explain to us how this makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?

No sense whatsoever? Are you impressed by our defense? We gave up 33 points in week 1 (after the Eagles let up) and 38 more so far in this game. Rogers is having a career game. GB has 100 yards rushing for the first time in 45 games. Again, are you impressed by our defense? Do I really need to spell it out for you?

There's this thing in football, it might be a new sport for you so I'll say it slowly.

It's called time of possession. The redskins offense cannot convert on third down and tire their defense out. But in your wisdom have forgiven the offense for that small mistake. But hold it against the defense. That does not make any sense, to absolve the offense of responsibility. LMAO

Yeah, our defense sure was tired in that impressive first quarter. Of this game and the last game.

These are not games when our defense tires out in the fourth quarter. If we tire out in the first quarter . . . yeah WTF do I know?

You must not know much because the Eagles ran 53 plays in the 1st half last week. That's 2/3 of an entire game in one half. So yes, the inability to sustain a drive by the offense is horribly detrimental to the defense.

How many three and outs have we forced in the first quarter when our defense has been fresh? Too few. Is that on the offense? No doubt an effective office takes pressure off the defense, but that is overstating the obvious. If the whole approach was to start RG from the beginning of the season, then you can see from a mile away that the defense would need to carry the team for the first month. Have first quarter performances in the first two games suggested that the defense is rady to carry the team for the first month? I think not. But what do I know?

piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

That may be a TD, but we will get Mara'ed!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

NyfinestskinsfanBXTF wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You do that...

Every team in the NFL does do that when leading by nearly a half century. All QB's look good when chasing from behind.
I'm sorry that you can't see the improved quality of the passes he is now throwing... must be that "New York state of mind"...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football