Redskins start 0 and 3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 am

Everyone take a deep breathe and relax. We are 1 game out of first in an overall weak division with Detriot and Oakland coming up. We will figure this out and be fine. We will be firing on all cylinders come the end of the season.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:58 am

I have never seen an entire defense not know the fundamentals of tackling. It's mind boggling.

||||||
Posts: 1405
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:55 pm
Location: south jersey

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 am

I honestly think we will be 1-3 at the bye week. However, the bye week will be good for our offense and defense and will regroup and finish strong the rest of the season. I would rather be hot in the end of the season compared to the begging. Must I remind you of the San Diego Super Chargers being great in the first half of the season and fall apart in the end a few years ago.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am

For first time in his career Griffin is showing growing pains. Some people can't handle that he's a human being still learning the most difficult position in all of sports.

Even if the Skins have a losing record, this year, the only reason it would irk is because Rams fans are so obnoxious about having our team's draft pick. I just hope Was doesn't give St. Louis a top 3-5 draft pick.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

The fanbase was sold that Griffin was the "savior" of our franchise. So when he plays piss poor, it's stupid to think people shouldn't react (knee jerk) the way they do. It's all because of the hype.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:54 am

EA7649 wrote:I honestly think we will be 1-3 at the bye week. However, the bye week will be good for our offense and defense and will regroup and finish strong the rest of the season. I would rather be hot in the end of the season compared to the begging. Must I remind you of the San Diego Super Chargers being great in the first half of the season and fall apart in the end a few years ago.


Safe bet. Calvin Johnson should be licking his chops headed to DC this weekend.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The fanbase was sold that Griffin was the "savior" of our franchise. So when he plays piss poor, it's stupid to think people shouldn't react (knee jerk) the way they do. It's all because of the hype.


The fanbase wasn't sold jack. They sell themselves and overreact to everything on a week by week basis. Believing RGIII is the savior is as much a "knee jerk" as saying that he played "piss poor" is.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:The fanbase was sold that Griffin was the "savior" of our franchise. So when he plays piss poor, it's stupid to think people shouldn't react (knee jerk) the way they do. It's all because of the hype.


The fanbase wasn't sold jack. They sell themselves and overreact to everything on a week by week basis. Believing RGIII is the savior is as much a "knee jerk" as saying that he played "piss poor" is.

Uh, yes they were. He's been referred to as "savior", "rock star", "electric wonder", etc. over and over and over again ad naseum. Sure he was dynamic as hell during his rookie year and everyone had high hopes coming into this year. Because of that, the 2 losses will cause the knee jerk reactions of benching him to start Cousins and other vents of frustration about him. Maybe those daily press conferences about being 100% and operation patience helped fuel the knee jerkers.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Uh, yes they were. He's been referred to as "savior", "rock star", "electric wonder", etc. over and over and over again ad naseum. Sure he was dynamic as hell during his rookie year and everyone had high hopes coming into this year. Because of that, the 2 losses will cause the knee jerk reactions of benching him to start Cousins and other vents of frustration about him. Maybe those daily press conferences about being 100% and operation patience helped fuel the knee jerkers.


You and whomever else this applies to is 110% responsible for drinking that kool-aid. This kid is amazing and electric, but if YOU are not able to discern the reality of his abilities, that's on you.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:32 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Uh, yes they were. He's been referred to as "savior", "rock star", "electric wonder", etc. over and over and over again ad naseum. Sure he was dynamic as hell during his rookie year and everyone had high hopes coming into this year. Because of that, the 2 losses will cause the knee jerk reactions of benching him to start Cousins and other vents of frustration about him. Maybe those daily press conferences about being 100% and operation patience helped fuel the knee jerkers.


You and whomever else this applies to is 110% responsible for drinking that kool-aid. This kid is amazing and electric, but if YOU are not able to discern the reality of his abilities, that's on you.

You are not getting my point. The majority of the knee jerkers drank said koolaid, and because of the poor start during the first two games they are going to come out in droves with their nonsense. I'm just amazed that some people are surprised with the "bench Griffin" talk.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Uh, yes they were. He's been referred to as "savior", "rock star", "electric wonder", etc. over and over and over again ad naseum. Sure he was dynamic as hell during his rookie year and everyone had high hopes coming into this year. Because of that, the 2 losses will cause the knee jerk reactions of benching him to start Cousins and other vents of frustration about him. Maybe those daily press conferences about being 100% and operation patience helped fuel the knee jerkers.


You and whomever else this applies to is 110% responsible for drinking that kool-aid. This kid is amazing and electric, but if YOU are not able to discern the reality of his abilities, that's on you.

You are not getting my point. The majority of the knee jerkers drank said koolaid, and because of the poor start during the first two games they are going to come out in droves with their nonsense. I'm just amazed that some people are surprised with the "bench Griffin" talk.


I get your point now.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm

grampi wrote:The team is back at square one...every aspect of it is broken...the O is horrible...they need to go back to using more of the pistol offense, without it nothing else works...if RG3 can't perform, there's no sense in piling up losses when you've got a QB as good as Cousins sitting on the bench...the D can't stop anything, unless they're holding, pass interfering, or doing something else that's drawing penalty flags, and they can't tackle...speaking of penalties, I think this team is shooting for an all time record....this team looks exactly like the unorganized, undisciplined disasters we've seen so much of over the last 2 decades...I thought we were over that crap, but apparently not...I can easily see this team going another 3 or 4 games without a win....


Dude you must not of been at the game because Robert looked darn good and a lot of it wasn't on him in the 1st half. He's still learning to read defenses and is just going to get better with his football smarts. He was putting balls on the money for the most part but the receivers were either dropping the ball or getting no separation.

We also have to give the Packers credit where credit is due for while they weren't getting a whole lot of pressure unless they blitzed; their DB's were like my soggy wet blanket at the game they just stuck to em.

Defensively is where it's really fun to watch the games in person especially the secondary...we were getting pressure especially early when they had energy but once that started going away we really got to see some of the secondary's weaknesses as far as communication, tackling(well that was the whole team), coverage skills, and just doing stupid stuff. Merriweather got torched on the first Cobb TD since he was out of position. Poor Rambo just looks absolutely lost out there at times of course Rogers will do that tho. Amerson had some bad plays. Wilson really seemed to be our most consistent guy both tackling(he saved two TDs with shoestring tackles) and coverage. Doughty seriously looks like he's running in quick sand compared to everybody else. However with those points Rogers if just amazing with some of those windows he fits the ball into and their receivers are just night and day compared to ours when it comes to play making ability. Both James Jones and Jordie Nelson made multiple catches with guys all over them and Rogers putting the ball where only they can get it.

We played one heck of a team that played about as good as they can play. I really think we will come out the next couple weeks against the Lions and Raiders MAD and get our first W's of the year.

Go Skins!!!
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm

After years and years of frustration and pain, its easy to think "here we go again."

In the big picture, would it really matter if we did bad this year, found a few long term gems, replaced the "fat" with lean players, and did great next year?

We have a damn difficult schedule this year. We're not going to have a great record, but I was still hoping for 10-6 again. Guess we'll see. That said, this difficult season is giving these guys (especially out rookies) reps against the best teams in the league. Either this year will kill them, or make men out of them.

Griffin looked better than he did last week. He looks much faster than he did when we first hurt his knee. From my view, he doesn't look up to speed, but neither is his passing. Conclusion: its mental; he's still learning to trust his knee.

He also has, on numerous occasions, hit receivers right in the hands and they dropped it. He was much more accurate this week, but our receivers are still thinking too much as the ball gets close to their hands.

The o-line is struggling because RG3 is not a run threat at present. Kinda hard for that crew to hold back the line and every LB & safety on the field. Make defenses respect RG3 as a runner again and you'll see Morris become as untouchable as ever, and our receivers having more room on account of split up defenses. The obvious big difference this year is a "Pat White" style running from RG3. The few times I saw RG3 run this year, he got down quickly or out of bounds. I'm a lot more comfortable with him now.

So either bring back the read option in all its glory, or come up with something new.

If nothing else, let this year be a learning year for them. Let it humble them. You can coach a humble player.

We'll get better as the year goes on. Next year, we'll upgrade that o-line with some FAs and drafts or perhaps even Compton will emerge as a star. Ditto for our DBs.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15751
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:The few times I saw RG3 run this year, he got down quickly or out of bounds.

He slid once yesterday, and he was late and got hit. He still needs to work on it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:The few times I saw RG3 run this year, he got down quickly or out of bounds.

He slid once yesterday, and he was late and got hit. He still needs to work on it.


Yeah it was awkward he kind of landed on his knees more than his bottom and that seemed to be where he had some problems with the brace cuz he was tugging and pulling on it a lot
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football