Week 4 Game Thread: Redskins at the Black Hole

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:18 am

dam i hate to be a downer but this game isn't what we'll be seeing in the upcoming weeks nor was it a similar team we faced the first 3 weeks.

these guys are the the jax of the the west and starting out 14-0 was terrible. sure we came back and blitzed the crap outta flynn but with their RB threat out, it was obvious what we had to do.. the same thing any other team would've done as well.

sorry, i'm not crediting haslet for jack spit... i'll credit the defensive players for their parts in execution and that's it.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:38 am

... so, you aren't predicting a Superbowl win any more?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

Countertrey wrote:... so, you aren't predicting a Superbowl win any more?

"That's a clown question bro"

:lol:

...but yes, still SB.. however I'll add a loss from the Broncos and say we're in it with a reg. season record of 12-4
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:03 am

SkinsJock wrote:we may lose every game but all the doomsayers are NOT very good judges of what is actually happening - we are getting better :lol:

Explain how losing every game would make the "doomsayers" realize that the team is getting better? :roll:

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:10 am

We win the division and whichever wildcard team that makes the playoffs has to come to DC to play.
HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:53 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:we may lose every game but all the doomsayers are NOT very good judges of what is actually happening - we are getting better :lol:

Explain how losing every game would make the "doomsayers" realize that the team is getting better? :roll:

that's easy, but pay close attention, because when you have negative outlook, it's hard to see the forest for the trees ... :lol:

the team has played better recently - it's logical to assume that we'll continue to improve ..

OK ...

despite what some here think - it is possible to improve each week and not win every game :twisted:

:lol: see what I mean :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

that's easy, but pay close attention, because when you have negative outlook, it's hard to see the forest for the trees ... :lol:

the team has played better recently - it's logical to assume that we'll continue to improve ..

OK ...

despite what some here think - it is possible to improve each week and not win every game :twisted:

:lol: see what I mean :lol:

No. Losing every week is not improvement. Sure certain aspects of our team may look to improve from week to week, but losing is a team effort therefore the team is not improving by losing. But we did win against Oakland, and I see that as a much needed improvement.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Sure certain aspects of our team may look to improve from week to week, but losing is a team effort therefore the team is not improving by losing.

So, the level of competition means nothing? We narrowly beat the Raiders, then narrowly lose to the Broncos, and there can be no improvement between the two games? smh
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 am

Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Sure certain aspects of our team may look to improve from week to week, but losing is a team effort therefore the team is not improving by losing.

So, the level of competition means nothing? We narrowly beat the Raiders, then narrowly lose to the Broncos, and there can be no improvement between the two games? smh

The end result is the same. Who cares if we lose by 3 to Denver? It's still a loss. Isn't the goal to make it to the Superbowl and win every single year? Losing is not going to help achieve that goal.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

The end result is the same. Who cares if we lose by 3 to Denver? It's still a loss. Isn't the goal to make it to the Superbowl and win every single year? Losing is not going to help achieve that goal.

Seriously man, if you can't enjoy the team unless they win the Super Bowl you might need to find another sport to follow. Its a freaking downer for the rest of us.

Maybe soccer? Manchester Utd. or Barcelona win pretty much all of the time. You might find that more enjoyable.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Finally a Win.

It woulda been a vastly different game had Pryor been their QB.

Sadly, this is the exact same thing that came into my head after the game.

Perhaps. We will never know. Maybe we knock Pryor out again.
Just like we can't know what would have happened had we started Cousins the last four games.
We can speculate all we want, but the past isn't going to change.

you're right JSPB - you know it's funny that some want to look at all the bad things about our team and then speculate that if Pryor was the QB the other team would have possibly been better ... :lol:

OK - let's imagine that Pryor did play last Sunday - there's a good chance, with the way our DL guys were manhandling their O line, that Pryor would have possibly been knocked out and possibly lost for the season ...

I think it was good idea not to play Pryor :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

Deadskins wrote:

BINGO :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Seriously man, if you can't enjoy the team unless they win the Super Bowl you might need to find another sport to follow. Its a freaking downer for the rest of us.

Maybe soccer? Manchester Utd. or Barcelona win pretty much all of the time. You might find that more enjoyable.

If you can honestly say you've enjoyed the season thus far, you are delusional. It's been frustruating. But that doesn't mean it won't get better. I wasn't one of those saying the season was over after 0-3 either. I have always maintained that we can bounce back and improve. This division is easily winable, IMO.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:If you can honestly say you've enjoyed the season thus far, you are delusional. It's been frustruating. But that doesn't mean it won't get better. I wasn't one of those saying the season was over after 0-3 either. I have always maintained that we can bounce back and improve. This division is easily winable, IMO.

How does my enjoying the season thus far make me "delusional"? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

I don't like to see the team losing, but frankly I do enjoy watching and supporting the Redskins every week regardless. Because I'm not "delusional" enough to believe we're going to win every single weekend. And sometimes we may even play badly.

Yeah, I actually HAVE enjoyed the season thus far. I was happy as hell to see RGIII playing in week one, because I never would have believed last January that it would be possible. I've enjoyed seeing Garcon and Orakpo out there healthy this year. I've enjoyed seeing the team break in David Amerson. And I will enjoy seeing the team try to pull it together and make another playoff run this year.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:If you can honestly say you've enjoyed the season thus far, you are delusional. It's been frustruating. But that doesn't mean it won't get better. I wasn't one of those saying the season was over after 0-3 either. I have always maintained that we can bounce back and improve. This division is easily winable, IMO.

How does my enjoying the season thus far make me "delusional"? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

I don't like to see the team losing, but frankly I do enjoy watching and supporting the Redskins every week regardless. Because I'm not "delusional" enough to believe we're going to win every single weekend. And sometimes we may even play badly.

Yeah, I actually HAVE enjoyed the season thus far. I was happy as hell to see RGIII playing in week one, because I never would have believed last January that it would be possible. I've enjoyed seeing Garcon and Orakpo out there healthy this year. I've enjoyed seeing the team break in David Amerson. And I will enjoy seeing the team try to pull it together and make another playoff run this year.

Bravo!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football