Im enjoying the lack of media attention towards RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Look, just because someone states the painfully obvious (Griffin is NOT the player he was last year), does not mean they are being negative.

That's really NOT what you stated. You said he was obviously not 100% healthy.

I don't really know whether he is 100% healthy or not (and neither does anybody else here). But he's played in four regular season games now, so I do know he is obviously healthy enough to play.

Since when does being healthy enough to play mean your 100%? Look at last night as an example, Roddy White and his hamstring, he played but ISN'T 100% Now I don't know what type glue many on here sniff or what liquor they drink or what drug they are on, however common sense dictates that if your not running like you where, are consistently being caught by 300 pound lineman and are not accurate on many passes then that has ALOT more to do with "trust" in your knee. The painfully obvious reason is his knee isn't 100% he doesn't have the burst he did and the coaches are trying to turn him into a drop back passer using the "threat" of him running as a decoy. When in fact there is probably a 88% chance that he won't run and if he does he will be caught as he has been pretty much all season. Now this isn't to say he won't get back to what he was but this season anyone that wants to sit up here and argue that he is and HAS BEEN 100% I am going to tell you that you are crazy plain and certifiably crazy.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 am

This will be the real test on Sunday night. After all it is Griffin's first regular season game right?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:This will be the real test on Sunday night. After all it is Griffin's first regular season game right?

I do agree with this, I also want to see how many times Demarcus Ware catches RGIII or any other defensive lineman for that matter. Let's hope that he plays at the level he did last year and we take a share in first place. I am a uneasy feeling about this game and if we lose, it's going to be a very long and bad season.............

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Look, just because someone states the painfully obvious (Griffin is NOT the player he was last year), does not mean they are being negative.

I don't really know whether he is 100% healthy or not (and neither does anybody else here). But he's played in four regular season games now, so I do know he is obviously healthy enough to play.

Since when does being healthy enough to play mean your 100%?

Please show me where I wrote that being healthy enough to play means a player is "100%". Seriously, you just wrote an entire paragraph idiot tirade about this. I want you to copy, paste, quote and bold where I wrote any such thing.

Oh wait, you can't. I just copied what I wrote and it looks like I said, I don't know if RGIII is 100% but he is healthy enough to play. End of story.

And you can call me whatever names you want. You CANNOT argue that RGIII is not healthy enough to play. You can argue that he isn't healthy enough to be EFFECTIVE. But you cannot say he was not healthy enough to PLAY. I have a DVR full of the past four games showing RGIII on the field PLAYING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. And therefore you are indisputably WRONG.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Since when does being healthy enough to play mean your 100%?

Please show me where I wrote that being healthy enough to play means a player is "100%". Seriously, you just wrote an entire paragraph idiot tirade about this. I want you to copy, paste, quote and bold where I wrote any such thing.

Oh wait, you can't. I just copied what I wrote and it looks like I said, I don't know if RGIII is 100% but he is healthy enough to play. End of story.

And you can call me whatever names you want. You CANNOT argue that RGIII is not healthy enough to play. You can argue that he isn't healthy enough to be EFFECTIVE. But you cannot say he was not healthy enough to PLAY. I have a DVR full of the past four games showing RGIII on the field PLAYING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. And therefore you are indisputably WRONG.

Step back from the ledge dude. This wasn't specifically pointed towards you but was used to explain the difference in being injured and being hurt! It was also my intent to put this RGIII is 100% crap to rest. Wow go get a cup of coffee and take a few deep breaths........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:It was also my intent to put this RGIII is 100% crap to rest.

And yet you failed again. Nothing you wrote shows that he's not 100% healthy. You can argue all day that the brace, or his confidence in the knee is limiting his mobility, but there is absolutely no evidence that the knee is not fully healed. In fact, I'd say that all the evidence points to the knee being physically fine.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:It was also my intent to put this RGIII is 100% crap to rest.

And yet you failed again. Nothing you wrote shows that he's not 100% healthy. You can argue all day that the brace, or his confidence in the knee is limiting his mobility, but there is absolutely no evidence that the knee is not fully healed. In fact, I'd say that all the evidence points to the knee being physically fine.

So him being caught by 300 pound lineman, the team not running the read option as it did last year are not GLARING SIGNS that his knee isn't 100% Okay your just one of them people that will continue to bust his head against a brick wall knowing it hurts..... :roll:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

So him being caught by 300 pound lineman, the team not running the read option as it did last year are not GLARING SIGNS that his knee isn't 100% Okay your just one of them people that will continue to bust his head against a brick wall knowing it hurts..... :roll:

No, those events have more to do with rule changes (the defense can now hit the QB on read option plays), how defenses have adapted, and the play calls being made by KS, than with the health of Robert's knee. He was caught plenty last year too, you just didn't focus on it. Did you not see him run away from the Detroit defenders on his ~40 yard scramble where he fumbled at the end? Didn't you see him extend the play against the Raiders, where he passed to Helu? THOSE are glaring signs that his knee IS 100%. But I guess you're one of those people who will keep banging his head against a brick wall trying to convince yourself otherwise. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:52 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Not really. Have you watched the 49ers this year? You can say the same things about Colin Kaepernick.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Not really. Have you watched the 49ers this year? You can say the same things about Colin Kaepernick.

I actually don't think the 49ers read option was as vital or as good as ours. My main issue is RGIII getting caught by Connor Barwin, week 1 and the other defensive lineman that seemed so much faster as compared to him and last year. I guess it's going to take Demarcus Ware to blow him up before you all see he isn't as fast nor has the explosive jets he had last year, now don't get me wrong I wish I was wrong, but sorry everything I have seen shows me what I have said is correct, he even looks like he is struggling to get to the sidelines, isn't juking anyone out either, now I suppose that huge knee brace has a lot to do with it, but as I said there are less restrictive knee braces he could be wearing that provide support and would give him a better chance at taking off when needed, him still using that FrankensteinBrace is to me another sign and signal that his knee is MAYBE 75% if that. Again this is just my opinion my thought and when it all comes out in the end, cause it does I will be back on here telling you again that I was right, you all were wrong.... :lol: :lol:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

No, those events have more to do with rule changes (the defense can now hit the QB on read option plays), how defenses have adapted, and the play calls being made by KS, than with the health of Robert's knee. He was caught plenty last year too, you just didn't focus on it. Did you not see him run away from the Detroit defenders on his ~40 yard scramble where he fumbled at the end? Didn't you see him extend the play against the Raiders, where he passed to Helu? THOSE are glaring signs that his knee IS 100%. But I guess you're one of those people who will keep banging his head against a brick wall trying to convince yourself otherwise. :roll:

Rule changes don't have JACK TO DO with speed. It has JACK TO DO WITH Connor Barwin, Willie Young those just to name a few, sorry what do rules have to do with in Connor's case catching him FROM BEHIND? in Willie Young's case catching up to him on a bad angle? Sorry that one 25 yard run was a anomaly IMHO. To me you can't look at various pressures, sacks and then use ONE decent run to say no he does have speed, Peyton Manning looked pretty fast too last sunday on that one QB keeper for a TD too, but I guess he too is now fast too right? :lol: :lol:

Willie Young 40 time 4.88
Conner Barwin 40 time 4.59

RGIII 40 time 4.38 Now is it so far a reach to think that with the injury and that brace RGIII probably has about a 5.0 40 time plus less explosion to hit top speed??

Sorry I don't think so....Heck even Pierre said he isn't as fast.....DUH that speaks volumes people........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Rule changes don't have JACK TO DO with speed. It has JACK TO DO WITH Connor Barwin, Willie Young those just to name a few, sorry what do rules have to do with in Connor's case catching him FROM BEHIND? in Willie Young's case catching up to him on a bad angle? Sorry that one 25 yard run was a anomaly IMHO. To me you can't look at various pressures, sacks and then use ONE decent run to say no he does have speed, Peyton Manning looked pretty fast too last sunday on that one QB keeper for a TD too, but I guess he too is now fast too right? :lol: :lol:

RGIII 40 time 4.38 Now is it so far a reach to think that with the injury and that brace RGIII probably has about a 5.0 40 time plus less explosion to hit top speed??

Sorry I don't think so....Heck even Pierre said he isn't as fast.....DUH that speaks volumes people........

The rule/defensive/play calling changes weren't meant as an explanation of why you think he's not as fast. That was to explain why we are not running the read option as much as we did last year. As to one play not showing that he does have speed, I ask why not? If he can run that fast on one play, why does that not mean he can run that fast? I don't understand your logic. If it's the brace that is slowing him down, that still doesn't prove that his knee isn't 100% healthy, which is what you keep claiming. Again, he was caught by D linemen plenty of times last year, you just didn't focus on it. Players in this league are fast. Mike Vick gets sacked more than any other QB, does that mean he's not fast or elusive?

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

The rule/defensive/play calling changes weren't meant as an explanation of why you think he's not as fast. That was to explain why we are not running the read option as much as we did last year. As to one play not showing that he does have speed, I ask why not? If he can run that fast on one play, why does that not mean he can run that fast? I don't understand your logic. If it's the brace that is slowing him down, that still doesn't prove that his knee isn't 100% healthy, which is what you keep claiming. Again, he was caught by D linemen plenty of times last year, you just didn't focus on it. Players in this league are fast. Mike Vick gets sacked more than any other QB, does that mean he's not fast or elusive?

Prior to this year Vick wasn't really used in a read option type offense and the tackles came from him dropping back and not having the intent to run. So yes of course he has been tackled more, along with the amount of years he has been in the league. Also you keep claiming that he was caught by plenty of D lineman last year, yes he was again when it was a passing play where he was not meant to run, name me one time last year that he was caught running side line to either sideline on a designed run, name me one time last year where a defensive lineman caught him from behind, and then add in the amount of yards he was behind him. I also understand players are fast in this league but again for me, RGIII isn't as fast, isn't as elusive as he was last year and the defenses that we have faced have pretty much pinned their ears back and came to hit RGIII and RGIII hasn't done anything to make any other defense second guess themselves. As bad as the Eagles defense is they looked damn near like the 85 Bears D when they played us, and did RGIII do anything but put up garbage numbers when the game was already decided? No he didn't, let's fast forward to week 2 even with Clay Matthews pretty much taken out the game thanks to Williams did RGIII do anything to make them pay? Even with second string secondary players starting? No he didn't and furthermore missed players open, or threw ball behind the receivers cause he wasn't stepping into his throws cause of the Elephant in the room HIS KNEE, seems to me with a brace on that big you step into your throws cause the brace catches the bulk of the pressure. Let's fast forward to week 3 the Detroit lions where Suh and Fairley pretty much were non issues, other than one play where he scrambled and ended up fumbling what did he do to make the Lions pay? Almost get caught heading out of bounds to throw that bone head interception? Seems to me great players do great things and when it comes time for RGIII to do something that he did with regularity last year he has come up short each and every time, and I believe that knee and the lack of confidence he has in it, along with the brace that is obviously slowing him down even more along with the knee not being 100% is the cause of all these said issues. Sorry again a rule change doesn't take away your explosiveness or your speed, age, injury and bulky equipment do that, nothing else. As they say you can't teach speed and either you have it, or you don't. RGIII up to this point didn't have it PERIOD...........

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:53 am

sorry DaSkinz - I just think you're over the top on this ... I agree that RG3 has not been as effective at running the offense as last year but I agree with JSPB - I don't think it's all to do with his not being "100% healthy" or 'as fast' as he used to be

RG3 is a special talent at QB - he's trying to be the QB that Kyle and Mike want this year rather than what we saw last year where Kyle and Mike devised an offense that suited what RG3 had done in college
this year with the change in rules and Kyle/Mike wanting a different variation in the offensive game planning, we are seeing a RG3 that is 'struggling' to be something that he's not that 'comfortable' with ... YET
the offense will get better and we'll soon all see RG3 back to showing off his world class speed to extend plays or get some extra yards

I do NOT think that RG3's speed or running was affected by the injury or the operation
when you have the ability to run like he does you do not become a 'slow' runner as you are implying - you have it or you don't - I believe RG3 still has it
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Prior to this year Vick wasn't really used in a read option type offense and the tackles came from him dropping back and not having the intent to run. So yes of course he has been tackled more, along with the amount of years he has been in the league. Also you keep claiming that he was caught by plenty of D lineman last year, yes he was again when it was a passing play where he was not meant to run, name me one time last year that he was caught running side line to either sideline on a designed run, name me one time last year where a defensive lineman caught him from behind, and then add in the amount of yards he was behind him. I also understand players are fast in this league but again for me, RGIII isn't as fast, isn't as elusive as he was last year and the defenses that we have faced have pretty much pinned their ears back and came to hit RGIII and RGIII hasn't done anything to make any other defense second guess themselves. As bad as the Eagles defense is they looked damn near like the 85 Bears D when they played us, and did RGIII do anything but put up garbage numbers when the game was already decided? No he didn't, let's fast forward to week 2 even with Clay Matthews pretty much taken out the game thanks to Williams did RGIII do anything to make them pay? Even with second string secondary players starting? No he didn't and furthermore missed players open, or threw ball behind the receivers cause he wasn't stepping into his throws cause of the Elephant in the room HIS KNEE, seems to me with a brace on that big you step into your throws cause the brace catches the bulk of the pressure. Let's fast forward to week 3 the Detroit lions where Suh and Fairley pretty much were non issues, other than one play where he scrambled and ended up fumbling what did he do to make the Lions pay? Almost get caught heading out of bounds to throw that bone head interception? Seems to me great players do great things and when it comes time for RGIII to do something that he did with regularity last year he has come up short each and every time, and I believe that knee and the lack of confidence he has in it, along with the brace that is obviously slowing him down even more along with the knee not being 100% is the cause of all these said issues. Sorry again a rule change doesn't take away your explosiveness or your speed, age, injury and bulky equipment do that, nothing else. As they say you can't teach speed and either you have it, or you don't. RGIII up to this point didn't have it PERIOD...........

Sorry, but you can't name me one time THIS season where RGIII has been caught on a designed run. We didn't even run the read option until the third game, and then only once, maybe twice the entire game.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football