Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 pm

funsho2 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
funsho2 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Rg3 is not a good pocket passer .....time to go in a different direction

People just can't handle the truth.......how long will you make excuse for rg3?

speaking of excuses .. how was your new QB (Jason) today :twisted:

bwhahahaha at least the browns backup is better than RG3...face it he is another JC or Vince young 2.0

Careful, you're starting to show.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:33 pm

1niksder wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I hope this thread can either die or be renamed.

Yes, I know my comment won't help it die. **HINT

Rename this thread!!

Hang on. Did this thread title go from "Time to start Kirk Cousins" to "Time to Bench RG3"?

ROTFALMAO Two days ago

emoses14 wrote:I'm not him, but I don't think that's what Hogster had in mind.

I think he was was looking for the death of this thread :shock:

Considering the change I'm with the Hogman on this one

it's pretty obvious that funsho2 is trying to deflect the attention from his team that started Jason Campbell yesterday - things are not good in Brownsville :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

So nobody saw that awful PICK SIX Captain Kirk threw?? So, what's next. Start Pat White??
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:27 pm

The Hogster wrote:So nobody saw that awful PICK SIX Captain Kirk threw?? So, what's next. Start Pat White??

Maybe do a Colt Brenan / Pat White wildcat-pistol combo, so defenses are kept guessing. And let's get Marcus Mason in there, while we're at it. Overlooked all-stars.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

emoses14 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
funsho2 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Rg3 is not a good pocket passer .....time to go in a different direction

People just can't handle the truth.......how long will you make excuse for rg3?

speaking of excuses .. how was your new QB (Jason) today :twisted:

bwhahahaha at least the browns backup is better than RG3...face it he is another JC or Vince young 2.0

Careful, you're starting to show.

Quit harshing his buzz, man. Can't you see he's just speaking truth to power? People just can't handle the truth. Yeah, that's it . . .

"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:So nobody saw that awful PICK SIX Captain Kirk threw?? So, what's next. Start Pat White??

Poor Robert was knocked down and his head hit the turf time and time again.
Of course people think that Cousins or some other back up QB can do better behind that pass protection. He did have some time to get rid of the ball but he was seeing stars. Robert was supposed to be a bit of a project coming out of school into a pro offense. He had success last year because of the new twist in the offense that kept teams off balance and we ran the ball and didn't give up on it. If you can keep him upright, half the time he wasn't yesterday, and run the ball it is a different game. You know that. I know that. Most of us do. So after we kill Cousins behind that line they will say that Cousins sucks too. Then they will call for Pat White. It's a never ending saga. We finally get a real franchise QB and they want the other guy who isn't as good.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Maybe do a Colt Brenan / Pat White wildcat-pistol combo, so defenses are kept guessing. And let's get Marcus Mason in there, while we're at it. Overlooked all-stars.

LOL

+1

You forgot WR Marko "The Next Randy Moss" Mitchell.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:30 pm

I thought putting Cousins in Sunday was the worst coaching decision made all day. Just dropped KC's trade value from maybe a third to a conditional 7th.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

riggofan wrote:I thought putting Cousins in Sunday was the worst coaching decision made all day. Just dropped KC's trade value from maybe a third to a conditional 7th.

Roberts other leg got banged up so it was the right choice. imo

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

riggofan wrote:I thought putting Cousins in Sunday was the worst coaching decision made all day. Just dropped KC's trade value from maybe a third to a conditional 7th.

Yeah, when he threw that pick 6, I watched his trade value drop a round every ten yards that the defender ran into the endzone.

It was like there goes a 1st.....2nd.......3rd............4th..........5th round pick. :cry:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

Roberts other leg got banged up so it was the right choice. imo

I'm sure your O is right, I was being a little facetious. :)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:45 pm

He's worth more to us as a backup than a future 3rd round pick, anyway. So if that was his true trade value, no harm done.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

He's worth more to us as a backup than a future 3rd round pick, anyway. So if that was his true trade value, no harm done.

I'll second that ^^ opinion - Cousins is NOT going anywhere for a 3rd round pick unless that is only part of the package :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

After his contract expires I think he will stick around. If he gets an offer to be a starter he may not, but who would do that? There might be a handful of teams that would offer him a chance and that might be enough. I would wish him the best unless he is a division rival.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 am

Kilmer72 wrote:After his contract expires I think he will stick around. If he gets an offer to be a starter he may not, but who would do that? There might be a handful of teams that would offer him a chance and that might be enough. I would wish him the best unless he is a division rival.

See that's the thing, I think if he's offered a chance to start, he'll take it. I mean he wants to play, why wouldn't he?

Its going to be a sad day if that happens; I just hope we can convince him to stick around for a few more years once his contract is up. He's valuable to this franchise.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football