Skins are shopping Fred Davis....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby yupchagee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:40 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
Hooligan wrote:I don't follow the Bills that closely, is Jarius Byrd that good, or is he just better than what we have? Is he good enough to not worry about the position for a few years?

If he's good enough to be THE MAN, I think Davis and a 4th is a no-brainer.

With this likely being Fletcher's last year, we need to draft a GOOD MLB on top of other team needs, all without a 1st round pick. There are too many holes to turn down getting a guaranteed starter out of a 4th round pick and a player that's leaving anyway.

GOOD MLB's are usually 1st rounders. Yeah, that is a huge concern though.

what about Perry Riley? I think this FO can find someone good in the middle rounds.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 am

Byrd is solid. I would love to see a Davis - Byrd trade.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 am

yupchagee wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
Hooligan wrote:I don't follow the Bills that closely, is Jarius Byrd that good, or is he just better than what we have? Is he good enough to not worry about the position for a few years?

With this likely being Fletcher's last year, we need to draft a GOOD MLB on top of other team needs, all without a 1st round pick. There are too many holes to turn down getting a guaranteed starter out of a 4th round pick and a player that's leaving anyway.

what about Perry Riley? I think this FO can find someone good in the middle rounds.

I'm sure you can find one somewhere, but one of them has to be better than average and I am not so sure Perry Riley is better than average. IMO

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

I'm sure you can find one somewhere, but one of them has to be better than average and I am not so sure Perry Riley is better than average. IMO

Perry Riley is far better than average. Can't access meaningless stats to support right now, so will resort to anecdote. Please remind me of the last time his name was called out as being out of position, missing a tackle he should have had or was so badly burned in coverage you we're embarrass for him. All of these, I hate to admit, have happened to fletcher in last 1.5 years. Riley is better than solid.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:39 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

Perry Riley is far better than average. Can't access meaningless stats to support right now, so will resort to anecdote. Please remind me of the last time his name was called out as being out of position, missing a tackle he should have had or was so badly burned in coverage you we're embarrass for him. All of these, I hate to admit, have happened to fletcher in last 1.5 years. Riley is better than solid.

I have nothing against Perry Riley. If you say he is far better than average then ok. I am hoping for a hall of famer then. It would be nice to get someone on the level of Antonio Piece or Fletcher (younger) or someone on that level.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 pm

If we can get anyone that is productive for Sleepy I am happy. I always thought Cooley was better anyway. Maybe now we found Mr Clutch in Reed.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

I have nothing against Perry Riley. If you say he is far better than average then ok. I am hoping for a hall of famer then. It would be nice to get someone on the level of Antonio Piece or Fletcher (younger) or someone on that level.

Keenan Robinson was suppose to be that young LB taken in the draft, that could sit behind Flecther for a year or two and learn from him. HOWEVER, he's landed on IR on what appears to be Flecther's final two seasons, so I'm not sure how far along he'll be come next year.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football