How Does Our Offense Look So Good One Week, and so...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

How Does Our Offense Look So Good One Week, and so...

Postby ACW » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Not this week? Seriously, Denver's D isn't THAT good :?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

It helps if you have an OC who doesn't leave his brain on the team bus...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:34 am

So did Kyle call good plays last week and just forget yesterday?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Re: How Does Our Offense Look So Good One Week, and so...

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:20 am

ACW wrote:Not this week? Seriously, Denver's D isn't THAT good :?

Denver's D is actually pretty bad....the Skins just went out of their way to make them look good....

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 am

While Kyle seems to have an understanding of the importance of the run game, it appears that he detests it... I have no idea why he was thinking that the principle of using ball control to mitigate the effectiveness of a very good opposing quarterback didn't apply to him.

Despite the very good work of Haslett and his crew, it seems that Kyle did everything he could to undermine their results. With only two exceptions, Manning was unable to work without a short field. You really can't ask for more than that from a defense.

The bottom line, ACW, is that Kyle used ball control last week... but not this week... so, you tell me what happened to his brain.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 am

ACW wrote:So did Kyle call good plays last week and just forget yesterday?

lol.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 am

Who is Alfred Morris?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 am

Honestly, I find the reactions today pretty hilarious if not unsurprising. We were a 13 point underdog yesterday. I can't think of a single person who thought we were going to win that game.

I understand it was frustrating because of the first half. But sorry, I'm just not going to waste any energy getting venting about that one.

I'd like to see the team take what they did pretty well in the first half and do it for the whole game against San Diego next weekend.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:43 am

We haven't played competent football for four quarters (except the game against Chicago) all year. The offense did nothing well in the first half or the second. I don't get how we could look like the 2012 team last week and then look like the 2011 team yesterday.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am

2 big issues

The biggest issue is the players. RGIII isn't a good traditional QB and he's being forced by defenses into being one. Sorry if that makes ur butt hurt, but it's true. When RGIII makes a good pass, his receivers fail him. Moss in the endzone, Aldrick on third down, Garcon has a lot of drops... Even Reed dropped 2-3 passes yesterday.

The lesser evil is Kyle. He called a piss poor game yesterday. But it's not all on him. He has to have a QB that can throw the ball. He doesn't have that. Defenses are taking the run out and forcing Griffin to pass and the entire passing corps is failing. I understand that Alfred is balling but we can't run it every down either.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:33 am

riggofan wrote:Honestly, I find the reactions today pretty hilarious if not unsurprising. We were a 13 point underdog yesterday. I can't think of a single person who thought we were going to win that game.

I understand it was frustrating because of the first half. But sorry, I'm just not going to waste any energy getting venting about that one.

I'd like to see the team take what they did pretty well in the first half and do it for the whole game against San Diego next weekend.

I agree with this.

Additionally:
- RGIII was wildly inconsistent, a TO machine, and had a 7.5 QBR. An "elite" QB doesn't have games like this.
- Our OL (other than TW) didn't provide nearly enough protection
- Moss' endzone drop played a large role in momentum
- KS' inability to stick with what worked (i.e., running with Morris)
- 4th quarter field position -- DEN's offenses' longest drive in the 4th was 35 yards, yet they scored 31 points!!!
- We threw 4 INTERCEPTIONS in the 4th quarter. We can't end games like that. I don't care who is QBing.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:27 pm

let's understand one thing - nobody becomes an elite QB in a season or 2 - that is only possible after a period of time

and

Robert Griffin III has the talent and ability to be an elite QB - he is not there yet but he will become one - there are innate qualities that an elite QB has and he has all of that and more

just because many here are disappointed or just anti RG3 does not detract from his mental and physical characteristics

you have it or you don't and Luck and RG3 will become elite QBs over time - they are just that good

don't be too quick to put down RG3 - there are many other factors contributing to our offensive woes - it's not all because RG3 does not have "IT"
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 big issues

The biggest issue is the players. RGIII isn't a good traditional QB and he's being forced by defenses into being one. Sorry if that makes ur butt hurt, but it's true. When RGIII makes a good pass, his receivers fail him. Moss in the endzone, Aldrick on third down, Garcon has a lot of drops... Even Reed dropped 2-3 passes yesterday.

The lesser evil is Kyle. He called a piss poor game yesterday. But it's not all on him. He has to have a QB that can throw the ball. He doesn't have that. Defenses are taking the run out and forcing Griffin to pass and the entire passing corps is failing. I understand that Alfred is balling but we can't run it every down either.

Your right and those drops have to be caught. It is also coming back from injuries in the start of the season and sophomore blues. The line also needs to keep him from banging his head on the ground. The delivery sacks took a toll. You can't always run Morris, I agree, but that is where Helu comes in and those drops that should be caught.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 big issues

I think your 2 issues go hand in hand.

Like Moss said today, the players have to execute regardless of the play that's called. But Kyle should be calling the right plays.

Defenses are forcing RGIII to become a pocket passer because of Kyle's play calling. If there's one team in the NFL that can't take away the run it would have to be the Denver Broncos, yet the Redskins went away from it after going 95 yards with a run based drive to tie the game, before half time.

The run option was a non-factor, and the O-line allowed RGIII to be hit 13 times on 30 drop-backs (not including the sacks), yet they were blowing the Denver D off the ball on running plays... Why go pass heavy with a line like that? And if you do... you have to use the run-option to keep the D honest. Kyle did everything wrong
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Here is the part that gets me about Kyle. Not that this was an issue yesterday much but, why on earth would you throw a 2 yard pass on third and a mile when you aren't backed up in your own end zone?

Why isn't dad Mike stepping in and making Kyle commit to the run when they can't stop us? Joe did this when he had Saunders.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football