How Does Our Offense Look So Good One Week, and so...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:13 pm

One of my biggest issues yesterday was when the WRs couldn't separate, RG3 had terrible recognition that the play was dead and didn't try to throw it away. Maybe I was spoiled with having Russell Wilson at NC State but that play alone was one of his best in his arsenal of not turning the ball over. He ran the ball when the play was there. He went with big plays, short plays, multiple reads, etc but when there isn't a play to be made, he got rid of the ball and lived to play another down.

I would love to see RG3 try this from time to time to reduce the number of turnovers and limit the hits he takes.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 pm

frankcal20 wrote:One of my biggest issues yesterday was when the WRs couldn't separate, RG3 had terrible recognition that the play was dead and didn't try to throw it away. Maybe I was spoiled with having Russell Wilson at NC State but that play alone was one of his best in his arsenal of not turning the ball over. He ran the ball when the play was there. He went with big plays, short plays, multiple reads, etc but when there isn't a play to be made, he got rid of the ball and lived to play another down.

I would love to see RG3 try this from time to time to reduce the number of turnovers and limit the hits he takes.

I think Robert is doing a much better job this year avoiding the unnecessary hits he took last year. He can't help the delivery sacks. He isn't trying to turn a 7 yard run into a take it to the house run this year. imo His slide needs work though.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm

The thing for me is... Had we nailed some of those bombs Kyle is a hero.. we stack our lead and look like a great team.
The run was being stuffed after 1/2 w Denver daring us to pass... We couldn't complete and that's on rgiii and the wr, the line of course hurting more then helping.

A BIG turning point was the 14 points we gave back on fourth down conversions. I won't beat the D up about it but THAT was the momentum swing and really led to our unravilling. Had we held them to three we would've thrown less and maybe the outcome chabges. Hopefully we live and learn... We were 3-6 last year before we caught fire so all hope is not lost... Just look at the east and know it ain ova yet son!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:46 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:2 big issues

The biggest issue is the players. RGIII isn't a good traditional QB and he's being forced by defenses into being one. Sorry if that makes ur butt hurt, but it's true. When RGIII makes a good pass, his receivers fail him. Moss in the endzone, Aldrick on third down, Garcon has a lot of drops... Even Reed dropped 2-3 passes yesterday.

The lesser evil is Kyle. He called a piss poor game yesterday. But it's not all on him. He has to have a QB that can throw the ball. He doesn't have that. Defenses are taking the run out and forcing Griffin to pass and the entire passing corps is failing. I understand that Alfred is balling but we can't run it every down either.

Right on.

But I don't think it's as much as the defenses forcing him into being a traditional QB as it is that the defenses have adjusted and figured him out, coupled with bad playcalling.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football