Redskins at Mile High Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby NyfinestskinsfanBXTF » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Can't stop thinking of the one play Morgan rolled out wide open and Garçon in the end zone both wide open and RGIII threw the ball to double covered Reed. How in the hell did RGIII miss those guys. That is concerning

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm

grampi wrote:Time for sexy Rexy?

HAHA! Nice! I needed the laugh :-)

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm

This one is on RG3. He made poor decisions today. Dont nobody say our receivers arent gettin open either cause they are enough for us to make plays he just targeting the wrong guy on the first read. Seen several plays where guys were open and he still locked in on a guy.

What the great qbs do is distribute the ball evenly across the field and he hasnt been doin that this year.

To his defense he hasnt had enuff time or pocket to go to the 2nd, 3rd reads.....but he isnt feeling the game enuff to make the 1st read.

The offseason being missed hurt him.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I wonder if accuracy is effected by hits per attempt?
A team sport is never solely on one man.. cousins got killed out there too, point in case

Not to mention over half those hits resulted in Robert's head whipping back onto the ground. That has to take its toll on him.

I think coaches have found ways to neutralize what we were doing last year; we need something fresh. That said, I like it when we go hurry up, but a handful of new plays would be nice.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 pm

NyfinestskinsfanBXTF wrote:Can't stop thinking of the one play Morgan rolled out wide open and Garçon in the end zone both wide open and RGIII threw the ball to double covered Reed. How in the hell did RGIII miss those guys. That is concerning

He had company.. he didn't progress his reads and that sucks.. didn't we get points out of it? The three and outs and turn overs in the second half were what pissed me off. Run game abandoned w a 14 point lead was hard to watch. We can blame rgii, which he definitely deserves a good amount, but our receivers were not getting open quickly or often. Our tight end seems to have the best moves to get open on the team.. and he is a Rook. Garçon may replace moss and hanktime is a good wr3 but we really lack a number one. Most great qbs have that go to guy, or in paytons case a couple of em. Our line lost the battle today, and abandoning the run- which they are good at- just made it worse. D did their thing... Not let down really, considering who we had in their they did good for the most part
Oh and rocca can suck it!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm

mastdark81 wrote:This one is on RG3. He made poor decisions today. Dont nobody say our receivers arent gettin open either cause they are enough for us to make plays he just targeting the wrong guy on the first read. Seen several plays where guys were open and he still locked in on a guy.

What the great qbs do is distribute the ball evenly across the field and he hasnt been doin that this year.

To his defense he hasnt had enuff time or pocket to go to the 2nd, 3rd reads.....but he isnt feeling the game enuff to make the 1st read.

Lotta good stuff here. Every sentence pretty tight.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm

It was Kyle who abandoned the run game.
It was Kyle who repeatedly called 2 man patterns looking for home runs... with receivers who couldn't get open.
It was Kyle who asked undersized O-line men to pass protect with no threat of running... no play action... no intelligent use of a run game.

Griffin missed some reads... but that's not what cost this game. It was a pathetic OC who abandoned the only chance this team had to win when he the game was still in reach.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Has to be one of the worst offensive coaching jobs I've ever seen. Call plays where RG III can be successful. He was getting pounded on 3 to 5 step drop backs.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:36 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:This one is on RG3. He made poor decisions today. Dont nobody say our receivers arent gettin open either cause they are enough for us to make plays he just targeting the wrong guy on the first read. Seen several plays where guys were open and he still locked in on a guy.

I agree with most of what you say mastdark except for when the receivers are getting open they don't catch the ball and even if the ball is off great receivers adjust and make the catches. We just need another receiver besides Garcon to step it up consistently. Morgan is a great blocker but has trouble getting open(except for that nice wheel route which I still dunno how Bob missed)

Hank seems to have a good game and then disappears the next.

I love Aldrick's speed but his route running needs to continue to improve and he easily has the shakiest mitts of the whole core.

Santana should be a mismatch in the slot but he's disappeared and becoming increasingly unreliable(dropped that TD and Reed's emergence in the slot)

I just hope we can go back and get some of that positivity from last week. Use that run game to set up the PA and make the plays.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:36 pm

I wonder if jambo100 is yet another alias.

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:It was Kyle who abandoned the run game.
It was Kyle who repeatedly called 2 man patterns looking for home runs... with receivers who couldn't get open.
It was Kyle who asked undersized O-line men to pass protect with no threat of running... no play action... no intelligent use of a run game.

Griffin missed some reads... but that's not what cost this game. It was a pathetic OC who abandoned the only chance this team had to win when he the game was still in reach.

Agree with this. Mike needs to put Kyle over his knee for this one. Pathetic.
What the....

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 pm

TimSkin wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

I agree with most of what you say mastdark except for when the receivers are getting open they don't catch the ball and even if the ball is off great receivers adjust and make the catches. We just need another receiver besides Garcon to step it up consistently. Morgan is a great blocker but has trouble getting open(except for that nice wheel route which I still dunno how Bob missed)

Hank seems to have a good game and then disappears the next.

I love Aldrick's speed but his route running needs to continue to improve and he easily has the shakiest mitts of the whole core.

Santana should be a mismatch in the slot but he's disappeared and becoming increasingly unreliable(dropped that TD and Reed's emergence in the slot)

I just hope we can go back and get some of that positivity from last week. Use that run game to set up the PA and make the plays.

Yep and also last year we had play action. This year our running game although effective is abandoned. You can't threaten to do something if you give up on it when it is working.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Bob was not good today... but I disagree. This was on Kyle. He took the ball out of Alf hands, when the game was still winnable... when the only way to win was to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. Looking for cheap scores. Asking too much out of the O line, and getting his QB clobbered repeatedly, with two man routes, and no attempt to use a ball control game. Kyle panicked... and he blew it.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 pm

On the other hand... Haslett's crew did a hell of a job, especially considering the lousy hand they were dealt this weekend... And, Hall just played completely out of his freaking mind.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Hall played out of his mind today... just crazy tough.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football