Redskins at Mile High Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

The old get rid of Hall thread isn't getting to much attention these days.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm

The part that gets me is.... Denver has a pretty stout defense against the run. Our running game was working. Kyle must have been thinking attack their weakness. I would never give up on something that was working. Time of possession usually favors the winner.

Postby jambo100 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm

No other alias. Just joined today because I was so disgusted I wanted a place to vent it. I also posted in the GM section that Kyle has got to go. I cannot agree more. He is horrible. RG was not solely to blame by any means. Kyle is not leveraging the strengths of this team. Mike has to see this or he is an idiot. The receivers did not do well and help RG either, but he really looks lackluster. I still say he is not smart in the way he keeps taking unnecessary sacks for losses that absolutely kill drives.
Overall, Kyle lost this game for us more than anything else, but RG is not gonna deliver us to the promise land, IMO.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:13 pm

TimSkin wrote:Well at least the Cowgirls lost the way they did and most the media seems to be focusing on Dez Bryant's mental breakdowns which are pretty funny

Cowboys.

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

The Shannys gotta go....horrible formations. Aints running read option but all this bunch crap in the backfield...passing plays have 1 or 2 options out of these...If your gonna let him wing it...spread them the F out. RG3 dont look like hes smart enough to read defenses and go through progressions thus far, horrible pass protection is helping also.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

I believe I heard on 980 that Hall has been getting footwork lessons from Darrell Green

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:20 pm

jambo100 wrote:No other alias. Just joined today because I was so disgusted I wanted a place to vent it. I also posted in the GM section that Kyle has got to go. I cannot agree more. He is horrible. RG was not solely to blame by any means. Kyle is not leveraging the strengths of this team. Mike has to see this or he is an idiot. The receivers did not do well and help RG either, but he really looks lackluster. I still say he is not smart in the way he keeps taking unnecessary sacks for losses that absolutely kill drives.
Overall, Kyle lost this game for us more than anything else, but RG is not gonna deliver us to the promise land, IMO.
We always welcome new members... but, it's easier to listen to venting if you were to contribute something other than bile... otherwise, you just sound like another of dozens of trolls... hence, the response you got.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 pm

+1 on Kyle has to go....

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:40 pm

The good news is, we will look back at this thread just like the ole get rid of DHall thread eventually.

Postby jambo100 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 pm

@countertrey - what is bile. Because I think RG is not good for the team? Tell me where he looked good today?
Was he sharp?
There were alot of open receivers he completely missed.
Other times he threw it into an impossible situation, and what I meant by forcing it in.
The receivers dropped some they should not have, but overall he was very inaccurate. Is that bile?
I have been a skins fan for 40 years. It has been a pretty tough last couple decades already.
The one thing that RG really excelled the most at, team leadership and enthusiasm, was pretty absent the last couple games.
I still say he looked terrible overall today.
I also still place most of the blame on the loss to Kyle.
I have been saying that Kyle is terrible for a long time now, not just today.
I think you will want to embrace KC. That hit RG took to the OTHER knee today is gonna get stiff this week.
I also believe in the long run, there is no way RG is gonna hold up for any length of time and be healthy. I completely place that on MS shoulders. I really do not think much of him and even WAY less of Kyle.
OK. I have said it enough already.
GO skins.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Cousins is a back up. He is for a reason or he would be a starter. We aren't hiding the next Montana as a sub to fool people. I understand your anxiety but to think that Cousins is the answer to a sieve of an offensive pass blocking line after 1 game and a few series is a stretch of even my imagination.
So RG3 didn't play his best game. What have you seen in the few plays from Cousins that tells you he can make this work?

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 pm

From what I can tell, the only real "Star" on the Redskins team is Alfred Morris. That kid has heart, he has skills and he will get better and better. He's like a little, faster Riggins.

The running game is about all that I can see that excels from week to week.

Robert Griffin III is not a franchise QB. He was a nice shot-in-the-arm last season, but he is not big enough, not NFL caliber and not disciplined enough to make it in the league very long. Washington needs a QB like Andrew Luck, not Griffin. Griffin is also a lot of talk and not much walk. He sold a lot of jerseys. Yay for Nike, or whoever makes them. He will NOT take this team very far. His schemes were new last season and they ran their course. He's not strong enough to last in the NFL, especially on this team.

The Redskins head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator are lacking. They are not going to make a great team. Shanny & Son are not the answer. Not by a long shot. This entire team is weak and undisciplined. A handful of stand-outs are all we have. These coaches cannot optimize the pieces. Either that or the pieces are crap, too!

But, I'm all for keeping the name! And, as I said, Alfred Morris is a bad ass! Look where he came from and with no fanfare. Griffin won't last long. He's going to be toast in less than 5 years, maybe 3.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:58 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:From what I can tell, the only real "Star" on the Redskins team is Alfred Morris. That kid has heart, he has skills and he will get better and better. He's like a little, faster Riggins.

Robert Griffin III is not a franchise QB. He was a nice shot-in-the-arm last season, but he is not big enough, not NFL caliber and not disciplined enough to make it in the league very long. Washington needs a QB like Andrew Luck, not Griffin. Griffin is also a lot of talk and not much walk. He sold a lot of jerseys. Yay for Nike, or whoever makes them. He will NOT take this team very far. His schemes were new last season and they ran their course. He's not strong enough to last in the NFL, especially on this team.

The Redskins head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator are lacking. They are not going to make a great team. Shanny & Son are not the answer. Not by a long shot. This entire team is weak and undisciplined. A handful of stand-outs are all we have. These coaches cannot optimize the pieces. Either that or the pieces are crap, too!

But, I'm all for keeping the name! And, as I said, Alfred Morris is a bad ass! Look where he came from and with no fanfare. Griffin won't last long. He's going to be toast in less than 5 years, maybe 3.

I like what you said about Morris but that is obvious even to a Redskin foe.

Robert is not big enough? Should he be 6 foot 5 245 pounds? Is Drew Brees? Who besides Andrew Luck is big enough? Tom Brady is 6 foot 4 225. Robert is 6 foot 2 220. This I got to hear. What is the height and weight requirement for a winning QB in Washington?

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:From what I can tell, the only real "Star" on the Redskins team is Alfred Morris. That kid has heart, he has skills and he will get better and better. He's like a little, faster Riggins.

I like what you said about Morris but that is obvious even to a Redskin foe.

Robert is not big enough? Should he be 6 foot 5 245 pounds? Is Drew Brees? Who besides Andrew Luck is big enough? Tom Brady is 6 foot 4 225. Robert is 6 foot 2 220. This I got to hear. What is the height requirement for a winning QB in Washington?

With Washington's O-Line protection for passers, he could be 10' tall and be in danger. I remember thinking today that Cousins probably had no desire to go in with that death-sentence of an O-Line.

It's not JUST a size issue. He just seems to be lacking, period. Either that, or the coaching staff is incapable of utilizing his strengths. I'm actually just as critical of the coaching staff. But, I was never sold on Griffin and I'm still not sold on him. I would much rather have a QB like Luck. It is possible that the other variables are just making him play and perform worse- bad coaching, poor protection, sub-par receivers. But, I have not seen any kind of reliable, consistent, precision passing from him at all this season...none. I also don't think he'll last long physically. He hurt his "good leg" today!

The team is hurting in virtually every aspect anyway. Griffin is not the "Savior" that he was hyped-up to be.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:27 am

No one man is the savior. It is a team effort. So there is no "big enough" issues then. Cool

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football