Redskins at Mile High Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:10 am

- Kyle can't call plays for crap, and that is the MAIN reason they lost the game.

-You cannot allow pass rushers to go right up the gut like that all game.

-The receivers are not good, they can't catch or run routes and that is why a rookie is the main target, garcon is ok but not getting the separation he used to.

-RG3 was not sharp and has regressed from last year. He is still young and hopefully he doesn't suffer another terrible injury this year.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Snout » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 am

That was an epic meltdown. 38 unanswered points? 31 in the Fourth Quarter? Yikes. Sure Denver is a good team, but are they really that good?

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 am

Not sure if this is all on Kyle or not. Players have to execute plays. All plays are certainly not going to work, but seems like too many times Robert is not seeing the whole field from the pocket, he is holding the ball too long, he is not sensing the pass rush/blitz, he is not accurate on many of his pass attempts. Now, take that with our WR/TE corps where it appears that Garcon and Reed are the only "reliable" pass catchers this season....especially with the absence of Davis. Then, the blocking ability of our Oline when Robert drops back....think Galdi said that Robert was sacked 3 times and hurried/hit something like 18 times today.

Even last week, Robert had some issues with his passing game.....

Heck, even Sonny and Chris were commenting on how much quicker the ball was coming out when Cousins went in as QB.....of course, that was a play prior to the pick 6 he threw.

In short, I had thought that maybe our O had turned a corner last week....guess the answer is not so much.

Keim had some thoughts on this.....
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... edskins-21
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:35 am

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 am

TimSkin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:If we get the ball again the quarterback should be Cousins.

GREAT call - man, this kid is just so good :lol:

I think Monk meant put him in because of the hits RG3's taking more than playing cousins over Bob. That's my guess but I could be wrong

That's exactly it. We were down 17 with five minutes to go and Griffin was hurt.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 am

ACW wrote:Image
This!

OUT OF HIS FREAKING MIND.

Got to be the defensive play of the week.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 am

jambo100 wrote:@countertrey - what is bile. Because I think RG is not good for the team? Tell me where he looked good today?
Was he sharp?
There were alot of open receivers he completely missed.
Other times he threw it into an impossible situation, and what I meant by forcing it in.
The receivers dropped some they should not have, but overall he was very inaccurate. Is that bile?
I have been a skins fan for 40 years. It has been a pretty tough last couple decades already.
The one thing that RG really excelled the most at, team leadership and enthusiasm, was pretty absent the last couple games.
I still say he looked terrible overall today.
I also still place most of the blame on the loss to Kyle.
I have been saying that Kyle is terrible for a long time now, not just today.
I think you will want to embrace KC. That hit RG took to the OTHER knee today is gonna get stiff this week.
I also believe in the long run, there is no way RG is gonna hold up for any length of time and be healthy. I completely place that on MS shoulders. I really do not think much of him and even WAY less of Kyle.
OK. I have said it enough already.
GO skins.

I would love to see ANY QB try to throw accurate passes behind this joke of an O line....yes there were a few plays where Robert wasn't hit and just made some bad throws, but when you're hit 95% of the time within 1 or 2 seconds, you're gonna be skidish even on the plays where you're not hit, it's going to effect your accuracy....this loss wasn't on RG3, it was on the O line and very poor play calling....

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 am

Up by 14 in the 3rd qtr, they have Manning who can score a ton of points IF HE'S ON THE FIELD, we have been very effective at running the ball and their D is showing no signs of being able to stop the run...what do we do? We abandon the running game and start throwing on every down, and we continue to do so even after it's clearly evident our O line can't pass block worth a crap and our QB is taking a beating...oh yeah, and now because of all this stupid play calling, Manning is back on the field scoring points. Brilliant! We need a real OC and a real O line....

This isn't the first time I've seen Kyle pull the plug on the running game when it was working...maybe he's of the mindset that today's NFL is a passing league and he just doesn't want to run the ball, even though he has the weapons to do so successfully...it's time for Mike to let Kyle go and get an OC who knows what he's doing....

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 am

Kyle Shanahan is pathetic. Any time you abandon the run to try to match Payton with a second year QB who seems to not be accurate throwing is just plain retarded. This whole coaching staff should be fired ASAP seriously this team, it's consistent under achieving has me sick. And no I don't want to talk about last year's fluke season either. RGIII just may be a 1 year wonder with how it's looking and that entire line minus Trent Williams needs to be replaced. Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus are the absolute worst.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 am

TimSkin wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:This one is on RG3. He made poor decisions today. Dont nobody say our receivers arent gettin open either cause they are enough for us to make plays he just targeting the wrong guy on the first read. Seen several plays where guys were open and he still locked in on a guy.

What the great qbs do is distribute the ball evenly across the field and he hasnt been doin that this year.

To his defense he hasnt had enuff time or pocket to go to the 2nd, 3rd reads.....but he isnt feeling the game enuff to make the 1st read.

The offseason being missed hurt him.

Lotta good stuff here. Every sentence pretty tight.

I agree with most of what you say mastdark except for when the receivers are getting open they don't catch the ball and even if the ball is off great receivers adjust and make the catches. We just need another receiver besides Garcon to step it up consistently. Morgan is a great blocker but has trouble getting open(except for that nice wheel route which I still dunno how Bob missed)

Hank seems to have a good game and then disappears the next.

I love Aldrick's speed but his route running needs to continue to improve and he easily has the shakiest mitts of the whole core.

Santana should be a mismatch in the slot but he's disappeared and becoming increasingly unreliable(dropped that TD and Reed's emergence in the slot)

I just hope we can go back and get some of that positivity from last week. Use that run game to set up the PA and make the plays.

I dont think the drops are the main problem or lack of having a "pro bowl" like #2 receiver. You look at all the teams that were in the playoffs last year and 90% of them do not have that #2 solid guy. 49ers and Ravens are prime examples. There are not many teams in the league that have two great receivers paired but good qb's know when to get those guys involved and spread the ball around to keep the defense's honest. You think Eric Decker was anything special before Manning got there?

I believe these guys do not get enough opportunity or targets. I mean realistically yeah Hankerson and Robinson aren't pro bowlers and Moss has lost several steps but you can't go to them once then target Jordan Reed 10x in a row as the first read. Then all of these rotations in and out is ridiculous...how can a receiver truly setup a corner if you keep rotating them in and out?

On the average play RG3 will look to Garcon or Reed first play...stare them down too long and then the whole route for our #2 is already broken (timing) and complete or the pocket is not good enough to accurately get it to them. This happens 90% of the time on our pass plays this year. The linebackers and safeties adjust and began to sneak and then **boom** interception.

And yes Garcon is our number 1 receiver and he should be targeted the most but not repeatedly as the first read. Typically how #1 receivers get their numbers because teams can get first downs and the #1 receiver get more opportunities. Lastly RG3 never passes to the rb, therefore the safeties and linebackers can drift back and zone WRs. I seen a play that Josh Morgan (out of the backfield) was wide open and Rg3 never hit him.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 am

I know our line was crap yesterday, but Griffin did seem to have a decent amount of time on some of his throws and they just went nowhere. He doesn't step up in the pocket as much as other QB's, and it seems like he runs back too far before the pocket collapses. This loss is on our offense, not just Kyle. The offense did not do ANYTHING to help us win this game. They need to execute. And why is Aldrick Robinson still on this team?

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:39 am

How to fix our offense.

* Run the ball more #1!
* Spread - this bunch formations is working against us on 3rd and long plays.
Doesn't make sense on 3rd and more than 6 we have 3 guys in the backfield and not guys lined up closer to the line spreadout to get a first down. In fact in times they seem to get in the way of Robert's passing lanes and his ability to move in the pocket...since they are lined up on each side of him.
* Call a few te and rb screens per game.
* Changing Rg3's positioning in the pass game. On occasional 3 step drop, pure shotgun formations (not pistol everytime), rollouts, moving the pocket. Teams have adapted to where his spot is on the pistol drop so you have to switch it up.
*less wr's screens. it only is truly effective if it is setting up a double move or if db's are playing 8+ yards off the receiver.
*More communication with receivers. Don't care if they have to stay after practice but the timing is off.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:39 am

The problem with last year's "it doesn't get any better than this dream season" is the unrealistic, and some times outrageous, expectations for this year. We all knew this was an unwinnable game. Denver just got beat on the road and there was no way Peyton was going to lose two in a row, especailly at home against a 2-4 team, sprained ankles or not.

Kudos for hanging around for almost three quarters. It was over for the Eagles and G-Men in the first half.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:40 am

I know our line was crap yesterday, but Griffin did seem to have a decent amount of time on some of his throws and they just went nowhere. He doesn't step up in the pocket as much as other QB's, and it seems like he runs back too far before the pocket collapses. This loss is on our offense, not just Kyle. The offense did not do ANYTHING to help us win this game. They need to execute. And why is Aldrick Robinson still on this team?

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 am

In my first 12 yrs as a Skin fan, I got to celebrate 3 rings and a conference championship. Yesterday was one of those days that reminded me of the last 20 yrs as a Skins fan…
Ever since the schedule came out, this game was marked as an L in the “hognostication” process and affter a week of reading and watching every analyst say the Skins were going down hard on Sunday, I had little hope, but as a diehard fan I sat out and watched. After the first drive of the Broncos I thought, this is going to be a loooong day!
Then the impossible happened, the D showed up and kept it close, D Hall and the secondary were having an all-star day and the half finished 7-7, against all odds.
After the usual halftime activities (greeting the owners of the house I was visiting, refill of drinks and snacks, trip to bathroom, etc), something happened, the rollercoaster drive began once again, first there was hope and then happiness came in full swing!!! Extra shots, double the snacks, high fives, neighbors complaining for the noise…. Alfred was running the ball, RG3 was getting pounded, but kept the ball moving, Skins D had the Broncos punter working.
All of the sudden the game plan changed, Alfred stopped getting the ball, RGIII got time but couldn’t find the open receivers and Peyton was back on the field at full swing. When everything was lost, when I thought nothing could go worst, a 350 pound untouched tow truck smashed the franchise QB….. nightmarish flashbacks….
The rest is history and I had the listen to my wife saying the same thing she’s said in the last 14 years we’ve been married: what happened? 2 minutes ago you were winning; why do you root for those guys that always break your heart; I’ve never seen them win anything; why don’t you change teams; This is why you sacrifice Sundays for, instead of spending quality time with me and the kids?. As usual, after a few hours I just say, you don’t understand….
HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football