Redskins at Mile High Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I know our line was crap yesterday, but Griffin did seem to have a decent amount of time on some of his throws and they just went nowhere. He doesn't step up in the pocket as much as other QB's, and it seems like he runs back too far before the pocket collapses. This loss is on our offense, not just Kyle. The offense did not do ANYTHING to help us win this game. They need to execute. And why is Aldrick Robinson still on this team?

It's amazing that Robinson is still on the team and can't catch a cold, but they still keep Davis deactivated. Seems to me Reed and Davis would cause nightmare's for many defenses. I think Moss and Robinson are the ones that need to be deactivated. But then again Kyle being what he is and who he is wouldn't use those two as match up problems anyway. This team has regressed and seriously Kyle is terrible. I see no progress with him AT ALL....

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:05 am

DarthMonk wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:If we get the ball again the quarterback should be Cousins.

GREAT call - man, this kid is just so good :lol:

I think Monk meant put him in because of the hits RG3's taking more than playing cousins over Bob. That's my guess but I could be wrong

That's exactly it. We were down 17 with five minutes to go and Griffin was hurt.

2 more things ...

Evidently, Shanny agreed with me.

I'd have said Rex instead of Kirk but I didn't think Rex was active. I saw no good reason to put Griff back out there in that situation.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 am

After further review, I'll stick with my previously stated opinion: we stink.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:46 am

As far as long term, the worst part of this game wasn't the score ---- it was Cousins' play.

Prior to the game, people were talking about how we could get a first rounder for him ---- now not so much. And yes, 1 game does matter (or even 1 quarter); seeing how the "value" of Counsins was based on 2 games.....
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 am

markshark84 wrote:As far as long term, the worst part of this game wasn't the score ---- it was Cousins' play.

Prior to the game, people were talking about how we could get a first rounder for him ---- now not so much. And yes, 1 game does matter (or even 1 quarter); seeing how the "value" of Counsins was based on 2 games.....

Why? Cousins had one bad play, the pick six, and that was as much on Garcon as it was on Kirk. In off zone coverage, of your running a button hook and the ball is late you have to come back to the ball and step in front of the db. Garcon didn't do either. The second pick was a perfect throw that hot the receiver dead in his hands. Not Cousins fault.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 am

markshark84 wrote:As far as long term, the worst part of this game wasn't the score ---- it was Cousins' play.

He played a fraction of a game, please get a grip.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Tuck28 wrote:I put it on the coaching staff. With a lead, vs. Peyton Manning run the John Brown ball!!! sure RG III missed some throws, but so did Manning. When you have a lead vs. a player like Manning you have to keep him off the field.

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You guys can disagree all you want. And I hope you're right. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think 5-9 with 2 INTs won't at least raise some eyebrows to prospective GMs........
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:26 pm

I would rather have getting blown out like the green bay game from start to end than being up 21-7 in the 3rd qtr and couldnt do

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You guys can disagree all you want. And I hope you're right. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think 5-9 with 2 INTs won't at least raise some eyebrows to prospective GMs........

Honestly, I heard the same comment from multiple radio guys this morning. It definitely didn't help his value. Maybe there is some truth to "he played a fraction of a game", but I still think with guys like Matt Flynn and Kevin Kolb out there in everybody's recent memory that Kirk Cousins is going ot be under scrutiny every time he is on the field.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Come on, he played 5 minutes of garbage time (coming off the bench cold, mind you) and while you can make the argument that the first INT was on Cousins, the 2nd one most definitely was not. Griffin didn't fare any better, and continues to regress when he doesn't run.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:50 pm

It may matter to some but the fact is that many know that Kirk Cousins is a LOT better than most QBs playing in the NFL right now

AND

Kirk Cousins is on a team that is not likely to be trading him at this time

this FO will make the right move at the right time and the other teams are going to be looking at all the reasons why they want him on their team ... not at a 5-9 with 2 interceptions game :lol:
maybe some of these prospective teams have better O lines and better playmakers :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Other than the Skins themselves, who knows how good Cousins is? He hasn't even got a season starting under his belt; just one game.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Other than the Skins themselves, who knows how good Cousins is? He hasn't even got a season starting under his belt; just one game.

you're right about that but the fact remains there seem to be a large number of QBs playing at this time that don't offer much - Kirk Cousins is perceived to be a good QB

now he's staying here for now but when or IF this FO let's him go it will be a good deal for everyone
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm

There are at least 16 decent starting QBs out there. Not everyone can be elite. The rest I agree could be unseated at any given moment. To me it is way to hard and early to expect Cousins to be anything but what he is. I say he is work in progress. IMO. I hope Mike stands by what he says about "I will play the best player that gives us the best chance to win" I think he is.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football