Redskins at Mile High Post Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14784
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
markshark84 wrote:As far as long term, the worst part of this game wasn't the score ---- it was Cousins' play.

Prior to the game, people were talking about how we could get a first rounder for him ---- now not so much. And yes, 1 game does matter (or even 1 quarter); seeing how the "value" of Counsins was based on 2 games.....


He played a fraction of a game, please get a grip.


You guys can disagree all you want. And I hope you're right. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think 5-9 with 2 INTs won't at least raise some eyebrows to prospective GMs........
This is just silly. Cold QB, coming off the bench, with the opponent d playing very aggressively, AND knowing that you are throwing every play.

Cousins has already displayed his upside... this doesn't hurt him a bit.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Countertrey wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
markshark84 wrote:As far as long term, the worst part of this game wasn't the score ---- it was Cousins' play.

Prior to the game, people were talking about how we could get a first rounder for him ---- now not so much. And yes, 1 game does matter (or even 1 quarter); seeing how the "value" of Counsins was based on 2 games.....


He played a fraction of a game, please get a grip.


You guys can disagree all you want. And I hope you're right. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think 5-9 with 2 INTs won't at least raise some eyebrows to prospective GMs........
This is just silly. Cold QB, coming off the bench, with the opponent d playing very aggressively, AND knowing that you are throwing every play.

Cousins has already displayed his upside... this doesn't hurt him a bit.


I thought he did pretty good. Sure, there was the pick 6, but I kinda blow that off as well played defense.

I'm not with the "bench RG3" crowd, but Cousins is a stud, and we need to do whatever it takes to keep him around for another contract.

To me, it seems RG3 gets a little shell-shocked some games on account of the line. Its understandable, but the coaches really need to push these guys before this becomes engraved in RG3's mind.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4766
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 pm

That line almost got Kirk KOd!!
Anyone hear about the fine?? Helmet to chin can't be taken lightley.. the RGIII pancake seemed a little malicious to me- especially for nowadays. He didn't just wrap rgiii up to the ground but lifted and pile drivered him down.... Thought that was a no no on qbs at least.

After the game tonight I think keeping the ball in our rbs hands even after a loss of yards was our only hope. You just can't abort it when its working.. Denver isn't Seattle and Stacy sure as hell isn't Morris. Kyle is, for all his brilliance w rgiii last year, going to get both our qbs killed and lose winnable games unless he gets a clue.. You don't limit the touches for a rb who leads the league in ypc- it ain't rocket science!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1417
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:52 am

Cousins did do some good things in his limited playing time. He got the ball out quick, and also was hitting receivers pretty well.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Panama

Postby gushogs » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

In my book, after the game Kirk got out of the market, faster than a speeding bullet. Reason: I Think RG3 is one inch away from career ending injury. If not for the poor OL we have, will be because of his reluctancy to avoid hits.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4575
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:56 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:That line almost got Kirk KOd!!
Anyone hear about the fine?? Helmet to chin can't be taken lightley.. the RGIII pancake seemed a little malicious to me- especially for nowadays. He didn't just wrap rgiii up to the ground but lifted and pile drivered him down.... Thought that was a no no on qbs at least.

After the game tonight I think keeping the ball in our rbs hands even after a loss of yards was our only hope. You just can't abort it when its working.. Denver isn't Seattle and Stacy sure as hell isn't Morris. Kyle is, for all his brilliance w rgiii last year, going to get both our qbs killed and lose winnable games unless he gets a clue.. You don't limit the touches for a rb who leads the league in ypc- it ain't rocket science!


For some reason they seem to let opponents give our QBs the "rag doll" treatment. I remember Patrick Ramsey being thrown around while refs looked the other way. SMH.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:20 am

DarthMonk wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:That line almost got Kirk KOd!!
Anyone hear about the fine?? Helmet to chin can't be taken lightley.. the RGIII pancake seemed a little malicious to me- especially for nowadays. He didn't just wrap rgiii up to the ground but lifted and pile drivered him down.... Thought that was a no no on qbs at least.

After the game tonight I think keeping the ball in our rbs hands even after a loss of yards was our only hope. You just can't abort it when its working.. Denver isn't Seattle and Stacy sure as hell isn't Morris. Kyle is, for all his brilliance w rgiii last year, going to get both our qbs killed and lose winnable games unless he gets a clue.. You don't limit the touches for a rb who leads the league in ypc- it ain't rocket science!


For some reason they seem to let opponents give our QBs the "rag doll" treatment. I remember Patrick Ramsey being thrown around while refs looked the other way. SMH.


Welcome to the real world of being a fan of a team owned by one of the most hated owners. As you see we get blocks in the back on special teams, no calls, we get QB's chins being hit with helmet's NO CALLS, we get QB's pile driven, NO CALLS, we get BS salary cap fines. Another day in the world of being a redskin fan, next up changing our name, how about the Washington Pansies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11106
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 am

DarthMonk wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:That line almost got Kirk KOd!!
Anyone hear about the fine?? Helmet to chin can't be taken lightley.. the RGIII pancake seemed a little malicious to me- especially for nowadays. He didn't just wrap rgiii up to the ground but lifted and pile drivered him down.... Thought that was a no no on qbs at least.

After the game tonight I think keeping the ball in our rbs hands even after a loss of yards was our only hope. You just can't abort it when its working.. Denver isn't Seattle and Stacy sure as hell isn't Morris. Kyle is, for all his brilliance w rgiii last year, going to get both our qbs killed and lose winnable games unless he gets a clue.. You don't limit the touches for a rb who leads the league in ypc- it ain't rocket science!


For some reason they seem to let opponents give our QBs the "rag doll" treatment. I remember Patrick Ramsey being thrown around while refs looked the other way. SMH.


And Jeff George before him, in Dallas. A Dallas player spanked him and the refs couldn't have cared less. Jason Campbell (I think it was) was also body slammed by a Pittsburgh player — again, no flag.

You have to believe Brady or Manning would have gotten the benefit of a flag on that helmet-to-chin hit. Merriweather was suspended for two games for less than that.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football