DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: DeAngelo Hall

Postby emoses14 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:You didn't have the benefit of reading my response to deadskins (cause I hadn't posted it yet). So even though your last sentence indicates a reading comprehension problem, I'll allow that people see the word "race" or words "skin color" and automatically assume one thing or the other about what is being said.

But your response is interesting in the same "I'm going to read into what you wrote whatever I like" manner. "Fans love the player that seem decent on and off the field, regardless of color" i'm curious precisely what about Hall makes him seem not decent, particularly to Redskins fans? Trash Talking? Not sending pictures of his manhood across the interwebs? He's had no off field issues and loves our team. Just odd.

No reading comprehension problem at all. You said if you changed Hall's skin color, name, etc. You could have simply brought up Chris Cooley without suggesting changing Hall's skin color. And you can also make the argument that Cooley was a Redskin player his whole career, which made him more endearing to fans. And I don't remember Cooley ever making an utterance about wanting to be cut because he was playing poorly.

And I could have brought up CC without suggesting a position, name or number change too. They are all, particularly when used in a series, simply adjectives. I didn't differentiate skin color from those other differences between the 2 precisely because they all carried the same weight. I was being descriptive by using adj. . . nevermind. Point missed.

I did make the argument that CC was a redskin player his whole career, albeit in the second post.

As for the Hall comment you're referring to, that's a matter of perception as to its effect. If I remember the context right, I heard that comment to be indicative of his heart, competitiveness and being pissed at having played poorly. In other words, that ought to be evidence of endearing himself to fans, not the opposite.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Back to the comparisons of the two on the field, I still don't think Hall compares favorably to CC for a couple of reasons. One, before this year, Hall was always hit or miss as to which games he performed in. Some weeks he would ball out, and make game changing plays, and some weeks he would seem to be on vacation, whereas I always felt CC was giving his best effort. Hall also routinely get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for his conduct in games and was ejected from a game for threatening to kill the ref, and that is a reason why some fans might not find him as personable. Now, you could argue that the positions demand different mindsets, but Darrell Green was certainly a fan favorite playing the same position very cleanly and in a most sportsmanlike manner.

Off the field, Hall may have had no problems (neither did CC), but he is also not the character CC was. Wearing nut-hugger, short shorts to tc, growing his afro, dating two cheerleader roommates (getting them fired) and marrying the second one, having his own blog, and posting pics of his junk on it, are just a few of the character (and I'm using the term in a Riggins "Lighten up Sandy baby" sort of way) moves that made CC a fan favorite.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:Back to the comparisons of the two on the field, I still don't think Hall compares favorably to CC for a couple of reasons. One, before this year, Hall was always hit or miss as to which games he performed in. Some weeks he would ball out, and make game changing plays, and some weeks he would seem to be on vacation, whereas I always felt CC was giving his best effort. Hall also routinely get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for his conduct in games and was ejected from a game for threatening to kill the ref, and that is a reason why some fans might not find him as personable. Now, you could argue that the positions demand different mindsets, but Darrell Green was certainly a fan favorite playing the same position very cleanly and in a most sportsmanlike manner.

Off the field, Hall may have had no problems (neither did CC), but he is also not the character CC was. Wearing nut-hugger, short shorts to tc, growing his afro, dating two cheerleader roommates (getting them fired) and marrying the second one, having his own blog, and posting pics of his junk on it, are just a few of the character (and I'm using the term in a Riggins "Lighten up Sandy baby" sort of way) moves that made CC a fan favorite.

+10
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Re: Re:

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:42 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I wouldn't use the term "thug"

Hot head? Yes. But, there are guys who are hot headed and not considered a thug.

Steve Smith comes to mind. Brian Mitchell too. Gary Clark was a hot head back in the day.

Pac Man Jones is a "thug" Aaron Hernandez is a "thug"

D Hall has never been in any off field issues. He's more Steve Smith than Pac Man. In fact, a guy like Cortland Finnegan is closer to the thug category.

LOL. The term "thug" is so mis-used that I think people have no clue what it even means anymore.

Thug - a wooden bat used in the naturists' game miniten duh geez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thug

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football