The Trouble with RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 pm

SkinsJock wrote:^^ are you kidding - the media is going to spin everything and anything they can, whenever they can …

winning or losing - the mediots will continue to pursue any storyline they feel will help their cause


For this very reason, I would love it if just the coaches talked to the media for the rest of the season. Its causing too much drama.

I heard once that NFL players don't have time to read the news about them, but RG3 addresses it (at least numerous times in the past) directly in press conferences, and on his Twitter. This additional stress is a major distraction and will only overload his mind. I'd isolate him so all he is thinking about is improving his game.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 pm

there is no stress from the media as far as Robert is concerned - that's not a problem at all
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:there is no stress from the media as far as Robert is concerned - that's not a problem at all


But my friend, he's not ignoring them, he's engaging them; its causing him distress.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:there is no stress from the media as far as Robert is concerned - that's not a problem at all


But my friend, he's not ignoring them, he's engaging them; its causing him distress.


I really don't think it is - he's not playing well and he's not making good decisions on the field

the off the field stuff is not an issue - the fans and media make that stuff up
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:17 am

He is definitely taking the high road. He is learning and is handling himself much better. This is what I expect. Not subliminal messages.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ad-brooks/

If I was betting man I would put my money on Robert becoming elite. redskinsmiley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:31 am

SkinsJock, I appreciate your optimistic viewpoint but sometimes I think you have Rose colored glasses. :)

My concern is most pocket QB have 3-4 yrs college experience prior to reaching the NFL and then is takes time for them to make the adjustment. In RG3 case, he has very little experience as a pocket QB and this makes me cautious, will it take months or yrs for him to be effective?

I agree he is a great athlete with loads of ability but so is Vick. RG3 may be a hard worker but I am not sure this necessarily translates to success in a timely manner.

I hope you are right but hope is all we have at this point in time.

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:49 am

SKINS#1 wrote:SkinsJock, I appreciate your optimistic viewpoint but sometimes I think you have Rose colored glasses. :)

My concern is most pocket QB have 3-4 yrs college experience prior to reaching the NFL and then is takes time for them to make the adjustment. In RG3 case, he has very little experience as a pocket QB and this makes me cautious, will it take months or yrs for him to be effective?

I agree he is a great athlete with loads of ability but so is Vick. RG3 may be a hard worker but I am not sure this necessarily translates to success in a timely manner.

I hope you are right but hope is all we have at this point in time.


Yes to both. It will take months and years. In months you will see Robert performing much like he did last year. In years you will see his experience take over where physical regression has emerged. (Ageing) This guy will be a QB for a long time and hopefully always here.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:SkinsJock, I appreciate your optimistic viewpoint but sometimes I think you have Rose colored glasses. :)

My concern is most pocket QB have 3-4 yrs college experience prior to reaching the NFL and then is takes time for them to make the adjustment. In RG3 case, he has very little experience as a pocket QB and this makes me cautious, will it take months or yrs for him to be effective?

I agree he is a great athlete with loads of ability but so is Vick. RG3 may be a hard worker but I am not sure this necessarily translates to success in a timely manner.

I hope you are right but hope is all we have at this point in time.


Yes to both. It will take months and years. In months you will see Robert performing much like he did last year. In years you will see his experience take over where physical regression has
emerged. (Ageing) This guy will be a QB for a long time and hopefully always here.


This is our hope but it is not a sure thing.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:10 pm

nothing is for sure but I agree with riggofan - it will take time but he's got a very good QBs coach in Mike and part of my bias comes from the way he's been brought up - Robert has a firm base and a lot of support

RG3 will come through - and I agree - that is what we hope and expect … but nothing is guaranteed
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:SkinsJock, I appreciate your optimistic viewpoint but sometimes I think you have Rose colored glasses. :)

My concern is most pocket QB have 3-4 yrs college experience prior to reaching the NFL and then is takes time for them to make the adjustment. In RG3 case, he has very little experience as a pocket QB and this makes me cautious, will it take months or yrs for him to be effective?

I agree he is a great athlete with loads of ability but so is Vick. RG3 may be a hard worker but I am not sure this necessarily translates to success in a timely manner.

I hope you are right but hope is all we have at this point in time.


Yes to both. It will take months and years. In months you will see Robert performing much like he did last year. In years you will see his experience take over where physical regression has
emerged. (Ageing) This guy will be a QB for a long time and hopefully always here.


This is our hope but it is not a sure thing.


Of course this is only my opinion. I believe Robert has the "IT" factor.
I think he has shown us accuracy (last year) People compare his size to Vic (nonsense) He has
good size not tall but 6'2" 220ish is just fine. He is losing some of his targets. He has been badly inaccrate this season. He is going through the same things many QBs have been through and then some. He has no blocking.
After all of the fall out he will come out smelling like a rose trust me. We did the right thing to move up and get him. Everyone would be crying "I wish we had a franchise QB" all season long. Patience!!!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13925
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I was hoping for a lot of improvement from Robert this season and am disappointed for him that we've not played better as a team

I am still glad we have him and look for a lot of improvement going forward

Robert will be a really good QB and leader of the franchise for many years
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football