The Trouble with RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Last year - "Griffin is awesome! He single handedly saved our team and our offense!"
This year - "Kyle's play calling sucks! Fire him!"

Funny how no one mentioned Kyle's play calling last year being good when we went on our 7 game win streak. But when we lose? Man oh man.

I did.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:50 pm

^^ - boy! where does this come from?

Kyle and RG3 need to do a better job - that's fairly obvious

if coaches are going to be fired it's normally done after the season if there is reason to do that - I doubt that's happening if Kyle and RG3 get it together here

RG3 is having a lot of difficulty right now but I'm sure he'll get it together
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:54 pm

who cares how good or great someone was - this is a "what have you done lately" league

nobody is 'rewarded' for doing well in the past - they get 'rewarded' based on what they are likely to do in the future
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Last year - "Griffin is awesome! He single handedly saved our team and our offense!"
This year - "Kyle's play calling sucks! Fire him!"

Funny how no one mentioned Kyle's play calling last year being good when we went on our 7 game win streak. But when we lose? Man oh man.

I did.

CAREFUL!!!

You're going to mess up his Qi... [-X
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I agree. The players need to execute the plays called. Kyle called a good, balanced game last night. Griffin missed Garcon down at the goal line. Despite what Mayock was saying, I think Garcon would have scored if the throw was more accurate. Not saying that Griffin is to blame, but WTF happened to our offense in the 2nd half!? 20 unanswered points against a team that only had 44 players active last night. Pathetic.

Well....

- Griffin had Moss in the corner but led him out of bounds...
- Reed dropped a TD. PI or not, it touched his hands.

That's why I hate this ref blaming BS. F**k the refs. DO YOUR JOB. The ref can't UN-CATCH the ball for you. Catch it! Make the accurate pass! Take the refs out of the game. If we're relying on the ref, we've already lost.

If you take an HONEST look at that replay, Moss grabbed that ball with a good yard and a half of space between him and the end zone. The pass was just about perfect... right where you want a fade... It appeared to me that Moss thought he was farther from the line... therefore, made no effort to drag his back foot... beyond that, he was bobbling the ball as he went out of bounds...

You can try... but that wasn't on Bob.

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I put that 4th down miss more on Robert. The ball was so far outside that Tana had to stretch out of bounds to get his hands on the ball and by the time he did he had very little chance to get the second foot in. In fact I think his first foot may have been out. If that pass is 1 foot shorter it is a much easier catch for Tana and he gets both feet in.

But the biggest blame Bobert had on that play was not throwing it to a WIDE OPEN Jordan Reed in the center of the field.

Could Moss have made the catch? Possibly, but it would have been an incredible catch!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:who cares how good or great someone was - this is a "what have you done lately" league

nobody is 'rewarded' for doing well in the past - they get 'rewarded' based on what they are likely to do in the future

Huh?

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with the whole "past performance is the best indicator for future success" theory?

MS got a $5M per year deal because of what he did in the past.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:27 pm

markshark84 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:who cares how good or great someone was - this is a "what have you done lately" league

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with the whole "past performance is the best indicator for future success" theory?

:lol: nice try!
Mike was primarily brought in to bring this franchise back from the disaster that was due to Cerrato and Snyder not just to be the HC

I believe Mike should come back for another season - NOT because of what he's done as a HC but because of what he's done with Bruce Allen AND ESPECIALLY what they are going to do - IMO these guys have done a good job rebuilding our franchise

I don't really think Mike is a great HC but he's 'earned' another year - I don't care that we switched from the 4-3 - it's not the system it's the execution - we wouldn't be any better if we'd stayed with the 4-3 and the players did not make tackles or the secondary couldn't cover ANYONE

we need Mike & Bruce to continue building and adding players

UNLESS things go really bad here - Mike gets another year ….. after that we can bring in a new coaching staff and rule the NFL :D

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
markshark84 wrote:

Mike was primarily brought in to bring this franchise back from the disaster that was due to Cerrato and Snyder not just to be the HC

I believe Mike should come back for another season - NOT because of what he's done as a HC but because of what he's done with Bruce Allen AND ESPECIALLY what they are going to do - IMO these guys have done a good job rebuilding our franchise

I don't really think Mike is a great HC but he's 'earned' another year - I don't care that we switched from the 4-3 - it's not the system it's the execution - we wouldn't be any better if we'd stayed with the 4-3 and the players did not make tackles or the secondary couldn't cover ANYONE

UNLESS things go really bad here - Mike gets another year ….. after that we can bring in a new coaching staff and rule the NFL :D

This is extremely important if I am reading SkinsJock correctly. Mike over hauled our FO, changed the scouting system, introduced young free agents, and last but not least tried his best to give credibility back to Washington. Plus he hired a PR guy that can number crunch. Forget the cap hit...What choice did Mike and Bruce have? It was an uncapped year supossedly.

This is the part that really gets me though. Joe came in here and utilized Vinny, Snyder and what he had with a scouting department and still went to the play offs a couple of times with old school coaching. The man never gets much credit for his second stint with today's young crowd.

This is the real booger... Joes ole one back system was working and he hired AL. Al came in here and we took two steps back until Joe fixed it once again.

Technically, Mike didn't hire Bruce. I think we know they had this planned in Mikes hiatus.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:45 am

Kilmer72 wrote:This is the real booger... Joes ole one back system was working and he hired AL. Al came in here and we took two steps back until Joe fixed it once again.

+1
It was an example of fixing what wasn't broken, We lost games the year before because the defense stunk, not the offense.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 am

we need to let these guys continue to make this franchise better …

Mike and Bruce have done enough in fixing what was NOT working - they should get another year

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:59 am

SkinsJock wrote:
markshark84 wrote:

I agree with what you are saying --- but he was paid $5M because he was winner in the past. The contract was inked before his rebuilding.

As far as the other, I'm sure you read my post defending MS in the other thread. The main reason for why I agree MS should get another year is because of how bad of a condition this frachise was in when he entered. Regardless of record, we are respectable. In 2009, we were a 100% joke. The amount of change that had to occur with this franchise should not be underestimated.

Regardless, I was just busting your balls.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:32 pm

markshark84 wrote: .. The main reason for why I agree MS should get another year is because of how bad of a condition this frachise was in when he entered. Regardless of record, we are respectable. In 2009, we were a 100% joke.
The amount of change that had to occur with this franchise should not be underestimated.

I cannot agree more - Mike and Bruce have done wonders here - I don't think too many fans really appreciate how far we've come from 2009

HAIL

Currently 50-41

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:03 am

Kyle is not that great a coach but the trouble with this team is the defense and special teams. Robert needs to refine as a QB but he is really young and we all forget that. He is playing like a rookie - which in many ways he is given the goofy offense they ran last year that defenses have figured out. I think a year of adversity will do him some good in all honesty. Of all the young QB's - Luck, Kap, Wilson, Cam, and Tannehill I am good with Robert. I think Luck will be the best of them, Wilson plays on a very good team, Cam is on his way to being elite and I really think in a couple years no one will remember Kap because he is an immature punk who clearly will not be able to handle adversary and he has a lunatic coach.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 am

I really don't understand the fascination with Wilson. He's on a team that's loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, and he's nothing more than an above average game manager, IMO. He's not even in the same league as Griffin and Luck. I agree about Kaepernick. Overrated and already figured out.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/06/robert-griffin-washington-redskins-pocket-passer/
Every great NFL quarterback (with the possible exception of Ben Roethlisberger) has a refined pocket presence. Griffin, at this point, does not.
This should be alarming to Washington, because it factors into the amount (and severity) of hits RG3 takes.

A lot of the points brought up in this article have been mentioned by quite a few folks on the board. It's always interesting seeing such analysis because it explains a lot of what we see and gives meaning to it.
We're so quick to blame the offensive line when RGIII is being pummeled and are stuck when Shanahan praises the line. Well, this is a good indication why.

I am concerned about how many hard hits Robert has taken this season - that's not a good thing

I do think that this season has been difficult for him as both he and Kyle have tried to do things differently …

I don't think that it's 'alarming' - it's just a phase and he's going to be a better QB for it

I do agree that the hard hits are a concern but I'm not worried about his 'learning curve'
I know that's a contradiction but ….. :wink:

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football