The Trouble with RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby OldSchool » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Trading the farm for spread QB was a stupid decision. Griffin is a bust.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:13 am

It's interesting how many of the trade Griffin crowd have less than 20 posts.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:45 am

Deadskins wrote:It's interesting how many of the trade Griffin crowd have less than 20 posts.

Noticed that too.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:46 am

RG3 is not playing well but there are a bunch of good players and coaches here that are not doing their jobs as well as they can

this is very frustrating but there is no way that we should not look forward to many years of having a really good QB and leader in Robert Griffin III

this guy is a really good athlete and he will come out of this a better QB
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am

Robert will have growing pains guys. This is an EXCELLENT article and a good description on how defenses are playing us differently this year. I imagine teams will start playing us with 7 man fronts from here on out until Robert learns to start checking down or finding the second and third receiver since Denver and Philly have now had success disrupting what Robert likes to do. Be patient with him. We need a better defense and him to continue developing and the skies the limit. Don't kill the goose.
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... challenges
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:33 am

Deadskins wrote:It's interesting how many of the trade Griffin crowd have less than 20 posts.

lol. Need a place to vent.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Robert will have growing pains guys.

It definitely happened with Cam Newton in his second year, didn't it? And he wasn't coming off major knee surgery.

RGIII will be fine. I'm so not concerned about his ability to develop as a QB or the draft picks we used on him. My only concern with him is staying healthy.

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 am

Religion requires a leap of faith, many here made a great leap of faith with Griffin. Seduced by a bright shining vision when he was drafted that was reinforced by his first season heroics they now see Griffin as their hero struggling before his triumphant. If he was alive Joseph Campbell could tell us a lot about the Griffin devotees. The larger their investment in the Griffin myth the more difficult it is for them to believe their lying eyes and see that another reckless Redskin gamble has crapped out. Snyder finds solace in the Griffin jersey sales but what about the rest of us? Where do the rubes who bought the Griffin jerseys go for comfort?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm

riggofan wrote:

lol. Need a place to vent.

More likely, need a place to troll.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I really don't understand the fascination with Wilson. He's on a team that's loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, and he's nothing more than an above average game manager, IMO. He's not even in the same league as Griffin and Luck. I agree about Kaepernick. Overrated and already figured out.

I wouldn't make the assumption that because a QB plays mistake-free football, he is a game manager. I was at a lunch with 5 others and said RGIII was a bettter QB than Wilson with more upside ----- and not one single person agreed with me. Wilson is 6th in the league in TDs, 8th in QBR, and has more yards than Cam Newton. He also has 5 more TDs, 4 less INTs, 20+ higher QBR and overall QB Rating, and a 1.3 higher yards per pass avg than RGIII. If you look at this objectively, I'm not sure how you can make the statement that Wilson is not "even in the same league as Griffin and Luck". Actually, based on this season alone, you could actually say the opposite given the stats and team record.

I can theoretically see how you make the game manager if you blindly look at his team and record -- especially with his OL and RB. However, his receiving core is not even average. After all, Tate has been his #1 WR this year with his 2 and 3 being Baldwin and Kearse. His TE, Miller is average at best. I would easily take Garcon, Moss, Hank and Reed over that bunch. I would also take Morris over Lynch (although some may dispute that). Wilson has a decent OL, but he's been sacked 7 MORE times than RGIII this season.....

While Kaepernick is a different story, you need to take those B&G glasses off. Purely based on play this season, RGIII has been a bottom 10 starting QB in the league. Wilson and Luck are in the top 10 without question.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:54 pm

:lol: we did not get RG3 (OR make the trade) based on what he would do at the early stages of his career …

Bruce & Mike brought in RG3 because they thought that he would be the better QB for this franchise over the course of his career :D

I'm glad they decided to bring in Robert Griffin III, they may have made a big mistake …

I think that he will be a better QB for the Redskins (given time) than Luck or Wilson
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:47 pm

I just don't get Stomin's thinking...
Wilson is clearly a talented and dynamic player, who fits the "franchise" mold for Seattle... He will have an outstanding career wherever he plays, but he currently plays behind a very solid o-line that is capable of pass blocking when needed. In DC, he would be struggling just as is Bob... perhaps a bit less so, because he spent more time behind center in college... but struggling none the less. He would NEVER find the throwing lanes here that he gets currently in Seattle... Our line is not competent to move players when in pass pro.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Countertrey wrote:I just don't get Stomin's thinking...
Wilson is clearly a talented and dynamic player, who fits the "franchise" mold for Seattle... He will have an outstanding career wherever he plays, but he currently plays behind a very solid o-line that is capable of pass blocking when needed. In DC, he would be struggling just as is Bob... perhaps a bit less so, because he spent more time behind center in college... but struggling none the less. He would NEVER find the throwing lanes here that he gets currently in Seattle... Our line is not competent to move players when in pass pro.

thank you for this post …

we will be fine with this QB and we are not in nearly as bad shape as some here are thinking

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm not sure that's fair. You seem to be overstating the ability of the Seattle offensive line, which has actually struggled quite a bit in pass protection this season, primarily due to injuries.

Recap from the Rams/Seahawks game...

No team can win this way. No team should win this way, not with an offensive line this bad. The Seattle Seahawks have won ugly several times this season. This one was beyond ugly...It’s commendable, but this is not a Super Bowl-caliber team; not right now, anyway. No team can reach a Super Bowl with an offensive line that played the way this one did Monday night.

Russell Wilson was sacked seven times, with pass protection becoming a problem that keeps getting worse. And the run blocking wasn’t any better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/1465/seahawks-win-but-o-line-must-improve

They have been doing better lately as they have gotten healthy again, but Wilson has been sacked 29 times this season, which ranks 5th among all qb's. The main difference between Griffin and Wilson is Wilson gets rid of the ball much more quickly and doesn't hold onto it as long as Griffin, at this point. Wilson is further ahead in his development, but hopefully Bob can get there too.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 am

He hasn't had to do much to win games, only three games this year has his passing yards been higher than 250 yards. The Seahawks passing game is ranked 24th out of 32 teams. What am I missing here? He's a more athletic Trent Dilfer. Obviously his turnovers are going to be lower, considering Griffin has had to throw the ball a lot more this year. There's no doubt in my mind that with Wilson the Skins record would be the same right now.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football