The Trouble with RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: The Trouble with RG3

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:18 am

OldSchool wrote:The race this season is over with 5 games on the schedule. I think Griffin ought to be benched, we know what he can do and it is far below NFL starter standards. Play Cousins and see what he can do, Griffin loses games by 20 maybe Cousins can do better.

Ya he is still middle of the pack as far as "NFL" qbs.... Despite having no time and rarely people open... That can catch. Smh @ aldrick Robinson

Can we change the title of this to the trouble with RGiiis line?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 am

SkinsJock wrote:^^ are you kidding - the media is going to spin everything and anything they can, whenever they can …

winning or losing - the mediots will continue to pursue any storyline they feel will help their cause

Uh, no. You would not be hearing questions about Griffin's leadership, rift with Shanahan, etc. if our record was 8-3 right now.

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 am

OldSchool wrote:The race this season is over with 5 games on the schedule. I think Griffin ought to be benched, we know what he can do and it is far below NFL starter standards. Play Cousins and see what he can do, Griffin loses games by 20 maybe Cousins can do better.

Not only do we need to see how, if at all, the offense changes with Cousins at the helm, but if Shanny keeps RG3 out there he's gonna reinjure that knee...if he continues to play RG3 he's just being both stubborn and ignorant...

piggie

Postby hanburgerheel » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 pm

The Trouble with RG3 is very simple:

Robert Griffin never earned what he is being held accountable for right now. He was thrust into a leadership position that he never earned at all. He was hyped and coddled and sold by merchandisers and almost killed in December. Now the reality of what this current coaching staff has slapped together is showing and Griffin is not used to being a loser and being pummeled every weekend. He runs-off at the mouth at the worst possible time because he's a young man. He's not earned anything except a big paycheck. If he's not careful, it's the only thing he will ever earn besides the shortest, most disappointing NFL career.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Robert is the QB - for now and the future - I'm sure he's as frustrated as anyone with everything that's going on

I think that Mike stays with Robert
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 pm

After reading the following quote by Brady, how long before we can expect RG3 to make these calls? You think Shanny is playing him now to help him come up to speed?

"We've got a lot of calls at the line of scrimmage," Brady said, "some are protection calls, some are calls where we’re directing guys, we got run calls, we got pass calls, we got protection calls, we got dummy calls, so you don't get locked into one or two things ... we ended up using them all."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 am

SkinsJock wrote:
.. Halfway through his second season, it’s impossible to call Robert Griffin III anything but an unrefined quarterback. Slowed by his surgically repaired right knee and often playing from behind, he’s learning how to be a drop-back passer the hard way

this is his opinion - RG3 is a 2nd year QB and the 'plan' this season is to make some changes to the way he plays in order to minimize the hits from the way he played last season - this is an ongoing process and RG3 is playing better despite not having a very good pass blocking O line

I think the implication that RG3 is "slowed" by the injury is incorrect - he's indicated that he is not hampered by the brace or by effects from the injury … I think he knows more about his legs and his physical capabilities than this reporter does

RG3 is trying his best to make Kyle's offense work the way that Kyle wants it run - last season they wanted to use plays that he was familiar with and this season they are putting in a slightly different offense

RG3 is a work in progress but he's incredibly bright and very motivated - he'll figure this out

RG3 is a lot better QB at this time than this reporter is implying

He's taking more hits than last year and certainly is not playing better than last year. This knee is really becoming the pink elephant. Its not all of the problem, but it sure as hell is one of the major things that are different from last year...the plays and players are the same (few additions).

He's staring down the hot receiver while there's two guys wide open; that's not an issue with the play calling. In fact, the play "worked", RG3 just missed two guys while trying to force pass to the hot receiver.

The play calling issue is when you can successfully guess what play they're about to run. Way too predictable.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 am

Shanahan said he's sticking with Griffin for the rest of the year, FWIW.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:37 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan said he's sticking with Griffin for the rest of the year, FWIW.

That's the right call. Good for him.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan said he's sticking with Griffin for the rest of the year, FWIW.

That's the right call. Good for him.

Mike knows what's best for the team ... and for his future
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby grampi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:08 pm

He'll stick with him until he gets hurt, which he most certainly will the way he's been getting battered around...we will see Cousins play before the season is over...

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

grampi wrote:He'll stick with him until he gets hurt, which he most certainly will the way he's been getting battered around...we will see Cousins play before the season is over...

I really hope so. Just for curiosity's sake to see what we have in him, and to see if it sparks something on offense.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:08 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
grampi wrote:He'll stick with him until he gets hurt, which he most certainly will the way he's been getting battered around...we will see Cousins play before the season is over...

I really hope so. Just for curiosity's sake to see what we have in him, and to see if it sparks something on offense.
:shock:
I know you mean't that you're hoping to see Cousins play QB … but not, surely, at the expense of seeing Robert hurt?

the best QB for this offense is Robert - have you been really watching him play the past 20 games or are you just thinking that we should just give it a try because it must be the QB - it can't be all the other facets of our offense?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Cousins might see the field better but it wont matter after he gets knocked around a few times. I would rather Robert take the snaps and learn. If he is failing during the game I can see benching him for the game. I would never do anything to crush his confidence. Starting Cousins just makes drafting Robert not look good.

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:12 pm

I believe Shanny prefers small/quick lineman for the zone blocking scheme but this is NOT what works when protecting a Pocket QB. Whoever is the QB with this line must be able to move and also read the defense (on the move).

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football