Redskins-Vikings game thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Re: Redskins-Vikings game thread

Postby The Hogster » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 am

Will Montgomery is just average. Chris Chester is getting old. And Kory is just a tad above average. It's sad when Tyler Polumbus makes other linemen look bad.

We don't have a bad line. They just aren't very good outside of the scheme. When it's man on man, they look average.

The Defense is weak. You can't give up 32 points a game and expect to win.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 am

The Hogster wrote:Will Montgomery is just average. Chris Chester is getting old. And Kory is just a tad above average. It's sad when Tyler Polumbus makes other linemen look bad.

We don't have a bad line. They just aren't very good outside of the scheme. When it's man on man, they look average.

The Defense is weak. You can't give up 32 points a game and expect to win.

No, none of the interior linemen can pass block in the NFL and all three need to be replaced. The Denver game and this game are enough proof.

Polumbus is also pretty bad, I don't want to leave him out.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 am

SkinsJock wrote:there are some here that think Kyle's a good game planner and play caller …

I hope he's not helping this offense next season

Then there are those that say a few iffy play calls make a guy a bad play caller and a bad OC and that designing plays is the same as game planning. They tend to ignore all the really good play calls, the gaping holes, the wide open drops, and the wide open misses.

SkinsJock wrote:my oh my do we have a gutsy QB - he was hit so many times and kept making plays

Yes we do. Too bad the refs allow such ragdoll treatment while the other team's guy is protected from us.

SkinsJock wrote:where are all those guys that think this kid is "slowed" by the injury and surgery

You think he's as fast as last year??

SkinsJock wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:we are very fortunate to have a QB like this that we can build our offense around

I'm sorry but I can't call his play-calling stupid when the receivers are open and Robert sail the pass over their head. Roberts accuracy was off and has been off for quite a while. Not say Kyle is infallible, he's far from it. But every article, this one included is saying that the receivers are WIDE OPEN, but Robert can't find them. That's NOT Kyles fault. The plays are working as designed, Robert has to grow into being a proper drop-back QB.

I agree that Robert's got a lot of work to do and that there have been a number of 'open' players that he's missed …

I think he'll continue to improve in this offense - IMO - he's better each game

I don't think that Kyle's game planning and play calling are in sync with Robert's adapting from what he did last season

I don't think that we're seeing much from Kyle - I think he's a good play caller but I don't think he's good enough - that's probably just me :lol:

Looks like we are a bit closer in our assessment that you've indicated elsewhere.

SMH
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Last season Kyle (and Mike) game planned and called plays that suited what RG3 and their playmakers could do well AND what the opposing defenses would most likely have trouble defending

this season, IMHO, Kyle (and possibly Mike) have not done as good a job - our offense has not been as efficient
I do think that Kyle is a good play caller - he was last season and in Houston - you cannot discount that and I'm sure he can be again :twisted:
he's not doing as good a job this season

btw - I don't know if RG3 is as fast as last season …. but …. it's fair to use the word 'fast' when talking about his speed :)
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm

The Hogster wrote:Will Montgomery is just average. Chris Chester is getting old. And Kory is just a tad above average. It's sad when Tyler Polumbus makes other linemen look bad.

How many times did Bob get hit in the pocket yesterday? The most decidedly did not look average.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Sorry folks - we still stink. Sorry that we stink, and sorry that I can't think of anything more useful to say.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football